Ryan Yates
(15-05-2022, 11:29 AM)Paplane Wrote:
(15-05-2022, 09:01 AM)wassy04 Wrote:
(15-05-2022, 07:27 AM)Sniffer Dog Wrote: Obviously carrying a shoulder injury but he gave everything yesterday and still went in where it hurts and he left nothing on the pitch. What a warrior and now he's added goals to his game too (think he has 8 this season).

I'm still amazed he finished the game whilst clearly in pain, making big challenges still! Warrior is very accurate

He got to be doubtful for Tuesday. He was grimacing with the pain. 2 days is no time to get over a persistent shoulder injury.

Would you start Cafu or move Colback into the middle and start Laryea?
Reply
(15-05-2022, 11:32 AM)RyanR Wrote:
(15-05-2022, 11:29 AM)Paplane Wrote:
(15-05-2022, 09:01 AM)wassy04 Wrote:
(15-05-2022, 07:27 AM)Sniffer Dog Wrote: Obviously carrying a shoulder injury but he gave everything yesterday and still went in where it hurts and he left nothing on the pitch. What a warrior and now he's added goals to his game too (think he has 8 this season).

I'm still amazed he finished the game whilst clearly in pain, making big challenges still! Warrior is very accurate

He got to be doubtful for Tuesday. He was grimacing with the pain. 2 days is no time to get over a persistent shoulder injury.

Would you start Cafu or move Colback into the middle and start Laryea?

Blimey. The latter probably but Cafu is usually a dependable type. I think you'd have to have Colback's experience in the middle and take the risk with Laryea.
Reply
(15-05-2022, 11:29 AM)Paplane Wrote:
(15-05-2022, 09:01 AM)wassy04 Wrote:
(15-05-2022, 07:27 AM)Sniffer Dog Wrote: Obviously carrying a shoulder injury but he gave everything yesterday and still went in where it hurts and he left nothing on the pitch. What a warrior and now he's added goals to his game too (think he has 8 this season).

I'm still amazed he finished the game whilst clearly in pain, making big challenges still! Warrior is very accurate

He got to be doubtful for Tuesday. He was grimacing with the pain. 2 days is no time to get over a persistent shoulder injury.

Only 2 more games, painkilling injections, I reckon he'll get through it personally. Hopefully we can build a lead on Tuesday and take him off in second half
Reply
Yates will want to play even if he had 2 broken legs. Like Joe W he bleeds Forest! Will start Tuesday for certain, if the game is done and dusted I assume SC will bring him off to help him recover for the final should we get there!
Reply
(15-05-2022, 11:32 AM)RyanR Wrote:
(15-05-2022, 11:29 AM)Paplane Wrote:
(15-05-2022, 09:01 AM)wassy04 Wrote:
(15-05-2022, 07:27 AM)Sniffer Dog Wrote: Obviously carrying a shoulder injury but he gave everything yesterday and still went in where it hurts and he left nothing on the pitch. What a warrior and now he's added goals to his game too (think he has 8 this season).

I'm still amazed he finished the game whilst clearly in pain, making big challenges still! Warrior is very accurate

He got to be doubtful for Tuesday. He was grimacing with the pain. 2 days is no time to get over a persistent shoulder injury.

Would you start Cafu or move Colback into the middle and start Laryea?

Cafu but Yates will play.
Panic on the streets of Croydon, Derby, Sheffield, Leicestershire.
Reply
First name on the teamsheet.
Reply
Is Yatesy going to take most of us by surprise again and take the Premier League by storm?
Panic on the streets of Croydon, Derby, Sheffield, Leicestershire.
Reply
I love Yatesy and have defended him in dark days gone by. I believe I stated he will definitely be a Prem player and I hoped it would be with us...so far so good.

BUT: Everyone who has followed his development from Barrow loan to Prem will be aware, Yatesy has always taken a little time to settle into each level he has stepped up to. Hopefully after bossing Arsenal, Leicester and holding his own v Scousepool it will be a seamless stepping up, especially with Cooper's influence.
What I dread is the doom mongerers going all "He's a Championship player"  "Not good enough to be challenging in Prem"  etc (remember those comments but replacing Championship with Lesgue 1 and Prem with playoffs?)

One thing we should all know by now is that Yatesy will make the step up sooner or later and be absolutely key in our progression as a club.
Reply
(02-03-2022, 09:53 AM)Madforit Wrote:
(21-12-2021, 05:46 PM)Sniffer Dog Wrote: Rumour has it that both GreenMan and Madforit have both bought shirts with Yates name on the back for Christmas.

I'd sooner buy a derby shirt.

Couldn't help it sorry....
Reply
(21-06-2022, 09:40 AM)zicorice Wrote: I love Yatesy and have defended him in dark days gone by. I believe I stated he will definitely be a Prem player and I hoped it would be with us...so far so good.

BUT: Everyone who has followed his development from Barrow loan to Prem will be aware, Yatesy has always taken a little time to settle into each level he has stepped up to. Hopefully after bossing Arsenal, Leicester and holding his own v Scousepool it will be a seamless stepping up, especially with Cooper's influence.
What I dread is the doom mongerers going all "He's a Championship player"  "Not good enough to be challenging in Prem"  etc (remember those comments but replacing Championship with Lesgue 1 and Prem with playoffs?)

One thing we should all know by now is that Yatesy will make the step up sooner or later and be absolutely key in our progression as a club.

You've beaten me to it Zico. Yatesy has stepped up to every new challenge he's faced so far in his career and every one of the managers he's worked under have been lapping him up. Who knows where his high bar is.
Reply
(21-06-2022, 10:21 AM)Paplane Wrote:
(21-06-2022, 09:40 AM)zicorice Wrote: I love Yatesy and have defended him in dark days gone by. I believe I stated he will definitely be a Prem player and I hoped it would be with us...so far so good.

BUT: Everyone who has followed his development from Barrow loan to Prem will be aware, Yatesy has always taken a little time to settle into each level he has stepped up to. Hopefully after bossing Arsenal, Leicester and holding his own v Scousepool it will be a seamless stepping up, especially with Cooper's influence.
What I dread is the doom mongerers going all "He's a Championship player"  "Not good enough to be challenging in Prem"  etc (remember those comments but replacing Championship with Lesgue 1 and Prem with playoffs?)

One thing we should all know by now is that Yatesy will make the step up sooner or later and be absolutely key in our progression as a club.

You've beaten me to it Zico. Yatesy has stepped up to every new challenge he's faced so far in his career and every one of the managers he's worked under have been lapping him up. Who knows where his high bar is.

Qatar ??
Reply
(21-06-2022, 12:32 PM)zicorice Wrote:
(21-06-2022, 10:21 AM)Paplane Wrote:
(21-06-2022, 09:40 AM)zicorice Wrote: I love Yatesy and have defended him in dark days gone by. I believe I stated he will definitely be a Prem player and I hoped it would be with us...so far so good.

BUT: Everyone who has followed his development from Barrow loan to Prem will be aware, Yatesy has always taken a little time to settle into each level he has stepped up to. Hopefully after bossing Arsenal, Leicester and holding his own v Scousepool it will be a seamless stepping up, especially with Cooper's influence.
What I dread is the doom mongerers going all "He's a Championship player"  "Not good enough to be challenging in Prem"  etc (remember those comments but replacing Championship with Lesgue 1 and Prem with playoffs?)

One thing we should all know by now is that Yatesy will make the step up sooner or later and be absolutely key in our progression as a club.

You've beaten me to it Zico. Yatesy has stepped up to every new challenge he's faced so far in his career and every one of the managers he's worked under have been lapping him up. Who knows where his high bar is.

Qatar ??

I'm in Qatar at the moment and they ain't finished the roads yet!
Reply


Forum Jump: