Posts: 11,132
Threads: 56
Joined: Jun 2018
Reputation:
62
(02-10-2025, 03:31 PM)Username Wrote: Starting to read a few comments in various places about this being an easier game tonight and slightly taking Midtyjlland for granted.
I really hope that both the players and the crowd are switched on and up for it, and to be honest I’m quite worried about the latter.
It’s our first home game in Europe in nearly thirty years (I still remember the atmosphere from the Munich home game despite us being thumped heavily and the Ground was loud until the final whistle) so let’s get behind them.
I mean it sure be easier than Newcastle away surely? I think when you've haven't won in all competitions since opening day, you're not taking any game for granted anyway!
I can't imagine that'll be lost on people including Ange in particular.
Posts: 415
Threads: 1
Joined: Jan 2021
Reputation:
8
Midtjylland are no push overs. Played 10 in their league and lost one. Confident team.
Posts: 12,336
Threads: 16
Joined: Jun 2018
Reputation:
119
Like us they have a new head coach I believe and similar to us the previous one hadn’t done much wrong on the pitch.
Expect them to be a bit Millwall like (probably better quality) and an inevitable goal from a set piece by Billing.
That said we should win. Bring your scarves!
Posts: 4,407
Threads: 0
Joined: Jul 2018
Reputation:
24
Any chance neco inverts on the right and the cbs play as a high 3?
Posts: 3,252
Threads: 13
Joined: Jun 2018
Reputation:
33
N'Doye right wing back.
This will be interesting.
Posts: 901
Threads: 2
Joined: Aug 2018
Reputation:
7
Forest
Sels; Williams, Milenković, Murillo, Morato, Sangaré, Anderson, Gibbs-White ©, Hudson-Odoi, Ndoye, I. Jesus.
Substitutes: John; Wood, Kalimuendo, Domínguez, Yates, McAtee, Bakwa, Boly, Savona, Abbott.
FC Midtjylland
Elias Olafsson; Ousmane Diao, Martin Erlic, Mads Bech, Kevin Mbabu, Philip Billing, Denil Castillo, Victor Bak, Aral Simsir, Júnior Brumado, Cho Gue-sung.
Substitutes: Jonas Lössl; Lee Han-beom, Adam Gabriel, Paulinho, Pedro Bravo, Dani Silva, Valdemar Byskov, Darío Osorio, Mikel Gogorza, Edward Chilufya, Friday Etim, Franculino Djú.
Posts: 901
Threads: 2
Joined: Aug 2018
Reputation:
7
BBC says back 3 with Neco LWB and Ndoye RWB. MGW right of front 3.
Posts: 19,594
Threads: 617
Joined: May 2018
Reputation:
209
Location: Athens
I would imagine that it will more likely be 4231 with Williams at right back and Murillo at left back.
Panic on the streets of Croydon, Derby, Sheffield, Leicestershire.
Posts: 4,897
Threads: 128
Joined: May 2018
Reputation:
41
(02-10-2025, 07:23 PM)Sniffer Dog (Admin) Wrote: I would imagine that it will more likely be 4231 with Williams at right back and Murillo at left back.
Murillo is gonna love bombing on down the wing to overlap CHO
"It's Tricky to rock a rhyme, to rock a rhyme that's right on time, it's Trickay, It's Tricky, Tricky, Tricky Tricky" - Run DMC
Posts: 2,511
Threads: 3
Joined: Aug 2022
Reputation:
19
Location: Deeside
(02-10-2025, 03:34 PM)Username Wrote: (02-10-2025, 03:29 PM)Chicago Wrote: It's not a bad side but I think we will employ wingers. I really think N'Doye is struggling and this could be his break out game. McAtee needs game time too but I think MGW has to play. So Does Morgan play 10 or wide or will that be MCAtee. It's a connundrum. I hope Savona shines. i would would hope we only play Murillo if he is 100%. I know it was a bone bruise but I would rather he be ready for Newcastle. Morato is fine in centre back. As a full back he is a disaster. Again, do we play 3-5-2 or stick with 4-4-2?
i think we can all agree that Jesus will be starting.
Chicago: Feeling positive.
I don’t buy that N’Doye is struggling, I think his stats stand up to pretty much anyone playing in the Prem in his division, the fact that he isn’t as rapid as Elanga seems to be held against him for some inexplicable reasons.
McAtee has done nothing to warrant being near the starting eleven, he needs to earn his place in the limited minutes he gets.
Weakness more than pace tbh
Posts: 2,511
Threads: 3
Joined: Aug 2022
Reputation:
19
Location: Deeside
Posts: 13,443
Threads: 41
Joined: May 2018
Reputation:
69
Repeat of Sunderland. Ropey free kick poorly defended and costs a goal.
|