Nottingham Forest - Midtjylland
#37
I don't want Zinchenko anywhere near our defence. He is fine in midfield (maybe a 10) but at the back he is a massive liability. No offence intended to the Ukranian but if he is missing then we can get a proper look at Savona and or Zak Abbott. I am happy about that. For the love of God no Morato at Left back. 3-5 -2 might be alright with wingbacks but not the big lumbering brazilian in the full back position. I would still rest Murillo for Newcastle if he is still sore, but I guess needs must.


Chicago Left back in the changing rooms.
Reply
#38
Dominguez could play full back maybe? He's mobile.
Reply
#39
Zak Abbott can play at the back. He has done it before. Maybe if we are worried about Neco (I expect him to play) then you can start with Abbott and Savona in a back four or go 3-5-2 with N'Doye and Bakwa as wing backs as they have played there before.

The Dom at full back gives me Morato vibes. No thanks.


I am thinking Sangare and Yates in the midfield with either McAtee or Morgan in the 10.

jesus up front of course.


Kalibueno on the bench. Am I the only one to actually miss Taiwo? ( I know he is not in the European squad but I think he could be useful in the Prem still..)


Chicago: Nostalgic.
Reply
#40
A Sangare and Yates central midfield is about as mobile as our Colback and Watson pairing of a few years ago.

Need to win this game not the time to be trying experimental positions.
Reply
#41
(30-09-2025, 10:22 PM)DR Forest Wrote: Just got my first ticket for ages and taking my son who turned 15 last week.

He is a lucky charm so we will 100% win and the 350 mile round trip will pass like a breeze…

You heard it here first- nailed on!

Me too. Last game I was able to get tickets for was away at Blackburn Rovers in the cup 3 years ago!! (which we won handsomely)
Was hoping to take my lad but he's going away for his birthday weekend so I'll be on my lonesome. Hopefully I was the lucky charm against Blackburn rather than him.

Only a mere 200 mile round trip for me though
Reply
#42
Ange Pre match
Reply
#43
MGW Pre Match
Reply
#44
(02-10-2025, 11:03 AM)JWJW Wrote: Ange Pre match

He speaks really well to be fair.
Reply
#45
I know it's at home to a (allegedly) weaker team but aside from Luiz I would prefer to see the team that played vs Betis first half.

Basically that's starting with MGW further forward out wide, actually thought he looked really suited to that role. We can have a proper winger on the other side but think it gives him the best chance to influence the game. Whereas if he's deeper, some of his flair moves have been actively hurting us. Don't really care who the other winger is, probably go CHO.

So something like:
Sels
Savona Murillo Milenkovic Neco
Anderson Dominguez Sangare
MGW Jesus CHO

Obviously starting Sangare does go against everything I believe in (could just start Yates) and does seem crazy to pick him over Bakwa but then it just looked so much better tactically vs Betis first half. The fact Luiz is out surely makes this even more important? Plus surely this is the setup we have to go with against Newcastle with their midfield 3.
Reply
#46
It's not a bad side but I think we will employ wingers. I really think N'Doye is struggling and this could be his break out game. McAtee needs game time too but I think MGW has to play. So Does Morgan play 10 or wide or will that be MCAtee. It's a connundrum. I hope Savona shines. i would would hope we only play Murillo if he is 100%. I know it was a bone bruise but I would rather he be ready for Newcastle. Morato is fine in centre back. As a full back he is a disaster. Again, do we play 3-5-2 or stick with 4-4-2?

i think we can all agree that Jesus will be starting.



Chicago: Feeling positive.
Reply
#47
Starting to read a few comments in various places about this being an easier game tonight and slightly taking Midtyjlland for granted.

I really hope that both the players and the crowd are switched on and up for it, and to be honest I’m quite worried about the latter.

It’s our first home game in Europe in nearly thirty years (I still remember the atmosphere from the Munich home game despite us being thumped heavily and the Ground was loud until the final whistle) so let’s get behind them.
Reply
#48
(02-10-2025, 03:29 PM)Chicago Wrote: It's not a bad side but I think we will employ wingers.  I really think N'Doye is struggling and this could be his break out game.  McAtee needs game time too but I think MGW has to play.  So Does Morgan play 10 or wide or will that be MCAtee.  It's a connundrum.  I hope Savona shines.  i would would hope we only play Murillo if he is 100%.  I know it was a bone bruise but I would rather he be ready for Newcastle.  Morato is fine in centre back.  As a full back he is a disaster.  Again, do we play 3-5-2 or stick with 4-4-2?

i think we can all agree that Jesus will be starting.



Chicago: Feeling positive.

I don’t buy that N’Doye is struggling, I think his stats stand up to pretty much anyone playing in the Prem in his division, the fact that he isn’t as rapid as Elanga seems to be held against him for some inexplicable reasons. 

McAtee has done nothing to warrant being near the starting eleven, he needs to earn his place in the limited minutes he gets.
Reply


Forum Jump: