Summer 2024 - What Do We Need To Do?
#25
(20-05-2024, 02:42 PM)Simon Wrote:
(20-05-2024, 02:28 PM)Woan Wrote:
(20-05-2024, 02:10 PM)Sausage Roll Wrote: My understanding is that the Johnson sale money will be included but we'd still be short of complying. We'd also be short even if we sell Mangala and that's included.

That's my understanding as well SR. They've been included and I know they will help. Our projected losses are 12-17 mil.

If thats the case (hopefully) no need to sell a high profile player surely we can make that up by 4 or 5 periphery players going ( i know easier said than done)

I'm not sure it's as simple as that as I think the calculation includes the worth of the player at that point in time in their contract and how their value has depreciated.

Probably a discussion better suited to the finance thread.
Reply
#26
Effectively we have 2 summer transfer windows this year.

Pre 30/6 - we need to make a transfer profit of 21-25m based on 92m losses for the previous 2 years and 12-17m loss projected for year ending 30th June 2024. - our allowable losses are 83m, therefore we need a 9m profit. Without a sell before 30/6 the rolling 3 yr losses would be 104-109m so 21-25m over.

Post 1/7 - we would be in a good position. We would have 2 year losses of say 42m less assumed 9m profit for this year = 31m.
We would also have allowable losses of 105m over a rolling 3 yr period.
Therefore we have got a lot of scope for investment also considering the reduction in a lot of high earners off next years accounts.
Reply
#27
I've seen some articles saying Vlachodimos wants out. You could understand both him and Turner wanting to leave if they want to stay number 1 for their countries. We might make a loss but that is some potential income back into the pot too. I'd be happy keeping Sels and getting in another veteran as back up if we could shift these two - do Prem squads need 3 keepers? (never mind 4!)
Reply
#28
Based on Reds 73 calculation we sell Murillo to Olly before the end of June for say £25 million then buy him back for around £30 million in July, win for both Olly and Forest as we all show a profit!
Reply
#29
Can't we sell the training ground to ourselves like Chelsea have done with a hotel?
Reply
#30
Ground sponsorship- Eon City ground. ND academy site - resell to the holding company ( but could be an issue if we sell in future). New wider sponsorships.
We could do it without selling players. However our business plan accounts for buying young players to develop and sell. MGW and Murillo are our most sellable players. CHO, elanga and possibly Yates and Williams - after that I’m not sure many have increased in value…
Reply
#31
(20-05-2024, 06:32 PM)ozzyten10 Wrote: Ground sponsorship- Eon City ground. ND academy site - resell to the holding company ( but could be an issue if we sell in future). New wider sponsorships.
We could do it without selling players. However our business plan accounts for buying young players to develop and sell. MGW and Murillo are our most sellable players. CHO, elanga and possibly Yates and Williams - after that I’m not sure many have increased in value…

Danilo has too. Probably doubled in price to around 35m
Reply
#32
Yep sorry I missed him…
Reply
#33
(20-05-2024, 06:37 PM)The reds Wrote:
(20-05-2024, 06:32 PM)ozzyten10 Wrote: Ground sponsorship- Eon City ground. ND academy site - resell to the holding company ( but could be an issue if we sell in future). New wider sponsorships.
We could do it without selling players. However our business plan accounts for buying young players to develop and sell. MGW and Murillo are our most sellable players. CHO, elanga and possibly Yates and Williams - after that I’m not sure many have increased in value…

Danilo has too. Probably doubled in price to around 35m

My favourite player Danilo.
Panic on the streets of Croydon, Derby, Sheffield, Leicestershire.
Reply
#34
I like Danilo too. However assuming we need to sell someone needs to make a call which player or players leaving would impact the team least.
Assuming we can’t get rid of fringe players then I would choose losing Danilo over losing Murillo or MGW.

Of course we may simply have to pick the one who we get a decent offer for.
Reply
#35
(21-05-2024, 11:37 AM)Salvatore Matrecano Wrote: I like Danilo too. However assuming we need to sell someone needs to make a call which player or players leaving would impact the team least.
Assuming we can’t get rid of fringe players then I would choose losing Danilo over losing Murillo or MGW.

Of course we may simply have to pick the one who we get a decent offer for.

I like Danillo as well but he's going to have to really improve his ball playing next season. He's gone loads of energy and gets around the pitch but he needs more composure when we're playing out. If he can do that them he'll go from strength to strength but at the minutes he's nowhwere near being a £35m player. I reckon he's worth £15m tops.
Reply
#36
That’s what we’ve paid for him. He has added to that. The market may be a buyers one this summer though…
Reply


Forum Jump: