Our Goalkeepers
Henderson is top quality, so is Navas.

Henderson has 7-10 yrs being top quality ahead of him and can still improve.

Whatever Stevie Cooper does will be the right decision-it nearly always is!
Reply
(23-02-2023, 08:48 AM)Alf Garnett Wrote: If we got Navas on a perm first would Hendo come after I am not sure he would.

Neither of them will be content with being a number 2 so you are probably right.
Panic on the streets of Croydon, Derby, Sheffield, Leicestershire.
Reply
(24-02-2023, 09:48 AM)Sniffer Dog (Admin) Wrote:
(23-02-2023, 08:48 AM)Alf Garnett Wrote: If we got Navas on a perm first would Hendo come after I am not sure he would.

Neither of them will be content with being a number 2 so you are probably right.

I do wonder once Hendo is fit if we need to keep them apart in training so they dont “accidentally” injure each other.
Reply
I don't want this to sound like I am picking on Navas, it is just a simple observation. 

Man Citys goal at the City Ground, the ball was aimed to his left hand side at about head height. He dived to his left to attempt to stop it, but he led with his right hand, not, as you would expect, with his left.

West Hams third goal on Saturday (Rice I think it was) shot in almost the same place, to his left at about head height and again Navas led with his right hand.

This means his reach has been minimised by about 18 inches on both occasions. A simple way to see where I am coming from is to extend both of your arms to your left and see the difference in reach between your left and right hand.

Is this something clubs have picked up on when analysing videos of Forest that Navas has a weakness using his left arm to attempt to save shots to his left? 

Like I said, just an observation and not dissing the guy
"It's Tricky to rock a rhyme, to rock a rhyme that's right on time, it's Trickay, It's Tricky, Tricky, Tricky Tricky" - Run DMC
Reply
(27-02-2023, 08:50 AM)Tricky Wrote: I don't want this to sound like I am picking on Navas, it is just a simple observation. 

Man Citys goal at the City Ground, the ball was aimed to his left hand side at about head height. He dived to his left to attempt to stop it, but he led with his right hand, not, as you would expect, with his left.

West Hams third goal on Saturday (Rice I think it was) shot in almost the same place, to his left at about head height and again Navas led with his right hand.

This means his reach has been minimised by about 18 inches on both occasions. A simple way to see where I am coming from is to extend both of your arms to your left and see the difference in reach between your left and right hand.

Is this something clubs have picked up on when analysing videos of Forest that Navas has a weakness using his left arm to attempt to save shots to his left? 

Like I said, just an observation and not dissing the guy

If you watch a lot of GK’s, they use exactly the same technique.

Nothing in this for me at all.

You don’t play for Real Madrid and PSG if your technique is questionable. Those clubs can hand pick who they want
Reply
(27-02-2023, 10:36 AM)Reds73 Wrote:
(27-02-2023, 08:50 AM)Tricky Wrote: I don't want this to sound like I am picking on Navas, it is just a simple observation. 

Man Citys goal at the City Ground, the ball was aimed to his left hand side at about head height. He dived to his left to attempt to stop it, but he led with his right hand, not, as you would expect, with his left.

West Hams third goal on Saturday (Rice I think it was) shot in almost the same place, to his left at about head height and again Navas led with his right hand.

This means his reach has been minimised by about 18 inches on both occasions. A simple way to see where I am coming from is to extend both of your arms to your left and see the difference in reach between your left and right hand.

Is this something clubs have picked up on when analysing videos of Forest that Navas has a weakness using his left arm to attempt to save shots to his left? 

Like I said, just an observation and not dissing the guy

If you watch a lot of GK’s, they use exactly the same technique.

Nothing in this for me at all.

You don’t play for Real Madrid and PSG if your technique is questionable. Those clubs can hand pick who they want

Like I said, it was an observation, nothing more and was not a criticism.

However, from my point of view, if he goes to his left leading with his left hand, he has 18 inches or more of reach. I was merely pointing out that it may be something other clubs have picked up on.

But you are clearly more knowledgable about these kinds of things, so I will bow to your superior knowledge.
"It's Tricky to rock a rhyme, to rock a rhyme that's right on time, it's Trickay, It's Tricky, Tricky, Tricky Tricky" - Run DMC
Reply
Personally think Navas should have saved Bernardo's and possibly Rice's goals. Other than that he's been great.
Reply
(27-02-2023, 10:24 PM)zicorice Wrote: Personally think Navas should have saved Bernardo's and possibly Rice's goals. Other than that he's been great.

Neither of those shots should have come in on our goal in the first place if people were doing their jobs but I see where you are coming from.
Panic on the streets of Croydon, Derby, Sheffield, Leicestershire.
Reply
(28-02-2023, 08:23 AM)Sniffer Dog (Admin) Wrote:
(27-02-2023, 10:24 PM)zicorice Wrote: Personally think Navas should have saved Bernardo's and possibly Rice's goals. Other than that he's been great.

Neither of those shots should have come in on our goal in the first place if people were doing their jobs but I see where you are coming from.

100%, but allowing shots from outside the box was a bit of an achilles heel earlier in season, so keepers need to make sure only the worldies get past them . Kanes aside, I don't think any of Hendos were saveable - all 12 or 13 of them- but these two probably were.
Reply
(28-02-2023, 05:36 PM)zicorice Wrote:
(28-02-2023, 08:23 AM)Sniffer Dog (Admin) Wrote:
(27-02-2023, 10:24 PM)zicorice Wrote: Personally think Navas should have saved Bernardo's and possibly Rice's goals. Other than that he's been great.

Neither of those shots should have come in on our goal in the first place if people were doing their jobs but I see where you are coming from.

100%, but allowing shots from outside the box was a bit of an achilles heel earlier in season, so keepers need to make sure only the worldies get past them . Kanes aside, I don't think any of Hendos were saveable - all 12 or 13 of them- but these two probably were.

The one against Villa definitely was saveable. Can't remember any others but feel like a couple were. Silva's one was saveable too though I agree.
Reply
Henderson back in three weeks according to The Athletic today.
Reply
(29-03-2023, 08:39 AM)Sausage Roll Wrote: Henderson back in three weeks according to The Athletic today.

Clear to see why Navas was signed.
Folk initially thought Hendo would only miss about 3 games !
Reply


Forum Jump: