Our Goalkeepers
(17-02-2023, 05:30 PM)Jasper Scarrott Wrote:
(17-02-2023, 04:32 PM)Sniffer Dog (Admin) Wrote:
(17-02-2023, 02:26 PM)Dog and Bear Wrote: Still pinching myself that we signed Navas.

I can't believe it's not been spoken about more it really is incredible.

Instead of praising the signing of a world class goalkeeper I see some prefer to slag Wood off instead and only want to try and find negatives.

This ^^
Panic on the streets of Croydon, Derby, Sheffield, Leicestershire.
Reply
Oh for goodness sake. Yes OK excellent short time signing, everything about Nottingham Forest is wonderful.
Reply
(17-02-2023, 06:27 PM)Salvatore Matrecano Wrote: Oh for goodness sake. Yes OK excellent short time signing, everything about Nottingham Forest is wonderful.

Dearie me allow some of us to get a little excited if we want to with an amazing signing like Navas SM. Happiness and excitement is not banned on this forum you know.
Panic on the streets of Croydon, Derby, Sheffield, Leicestershire.
Reply
So it will soon be decision time for the remainder of the season.

Navas or Henderson?
Panic on the streets of Croydon, Derby, Sheffield, Leicestershire.
Reply
(23-02-2023, 08:27 AM)Sniffer Dog (Admin) Wrote: So it will soon be decision time for the remainder of the season.

Navas or Henderson?

I can't see Navas being dropped so Hendo will have to bide his time. If we have any common sense then permanent deals for one / both will be in the process of being sorted now on the basis we are EPL next season.
Rise of the Garybaldi
Reply
If we got Navas on a perm first would Hendo come after I am not sure he would.
Reply
(23-02-2023, 08:48 AM)Alf Garnett Wrote: If we got Navas on a perm first would Hendo come after I am not sure he would.

Probably not which is why I don't think it will happen. As much as I like Navas I have a feeling we won't go for him on a perm unless Deano turns us down first. I think we will go for Deano on a permanent deal, he is a better long term option being just 25, Navas will be 37 later this year although he's still a great goalkeeper. To be honest I would be happy with either but like Alf said I don't think we will get both but that is only a guess.
Panic on the streets of Croydon, Derby, Sheffield, Leicestershire.
Reply
Lovely that we're in a position to be able to actually discuss this and actually have the potential to sign them!

Think I'd err on the side of Navas and go get a younger, cheaper top prospect to learn from him if at all possible. If being greedy. Someone who is very close to being a top keeper and genuinely wants to learn could do a lot worse than spending time with keylor!
Reply
Depends if either wants to stay to be honest, whether they get a better offer elsewhere although both seem to be very bought into the club.

This is what has pleased me about the new guys, was worried Felipe and Navas in particular might have the Billy Big bollocks attitude. Cooper went out of his way to say Navas is very humble, also liked to see him posing on the pitch happily with is family, seems he wants to at least give Nottingham a try. Felipe too was last off the pitch on Saturday and seemed to be lapping it all up. Very encouraging.
Reply
I think there's a bit of a rose tint looking back at Henderson. Has everyone forgotten that we went 10+ conceding outside the area. He made some big saves but was at fault for a few too. I rate hum and its not a huge criticism but Navas has looked pretty great so far.

All about this season for me so Navas no brainer. If we ever reach a position where we're mathematically safe and can have the conversations for next year then maybe Hendo gets back in if Navas is out of reach.

Keeper is a position where it would be great to have a long term option in and Henderson is good. Is he great though? I love his personality and I think that works in his favour. He'll be a prem keeper you'd imagine permanently at some point. Not sure what his ceiling is though.

A fun debate to have either way and actually helps our negotiating position with either club.

Funny as well as before we signed Navas I was adamant that Henderson would come back in and was only worth signing a keeper for the league Cup games (which he missed) how quick things can move on sometimes!
Reply
Agree with the points raised. I was in the Henderson camp at first but Navas won me over in the Leeds game. Still has the desire and class. We will only be in the position to sign either if we stay up. I think Hendo will command the bigger fee but Navas's wages are astronomical from all accounts. Big decision for someone to make
Rise of the Garybaldi
Reply
I guess show your worth on the training pitch time. If hendo starts a game in the near future then copper has obviously seen something and we have to trust that.

He lost his place unfortunately to injury and if we were more of an established club we might have been fine letting Hennessy take the position.

He was on the bench cam shots celebrating the equaliser, impassioned so I’m afraid he’s just gonna have to turn that into a fight for his place back.
Reply


Forum Jump: