NFFC Financial Talk
I wonder how much the cup run has helped us financially? Does anyone have any idea of the rough figures that the club makes per sold out game that is televised? We must a fair amount up from the last 3 games. Surely, it must be a fair amount and help towards ffp?
Reply
(09-03-2022, 11:09 AM)TrentEnd Wrote: I wonder how much the cup run has helped us financially? Does anyone have any idea of the rough figures that the club makes per sold out game that is televised? We must a fair amount up from the last 3 games. Surely, it must be a fair amount and help towards ffp?

I'm sure I read somewhere that we'll get £200k for the quarter final alone being broadcast.
Reply
(09-03-2022, 11:13 AM)Sausage Roll Wrote:
(09-03-2022, 11:09 AM)TrentEnd Wrote: I wonder how much the cup run has helped us financially? Does anyone have any idea of the rough figures that the club makes per sold out game that is televised? We must a fair amount up from the last 3 games. Surely, it must be a fair amount and help towards ffp?

I'm sure I read somewhere that we'll get £200k for the quarter final alone being broadcast.
Good news if so. Add into that ticket sales etc and it should all be pretty helpful.
Reply
FA Cup prize money is:

Third round proper winners (32) £82,000
Fourth round proper winners (16) £90,000
Fifth round proper winners (8) £180,000
Quarter-final winners (4) £360,000
Semi-final winners (2) £900,000
Semi-final losers (2) £450,000
Final runners-up (1) £900,000
Final winners (1) £1,800,000

Don't know if that's cumulative or not (i.e. if we get the £82k + £90k + £180k). Would imagine it is.
Reply
(09-03-2022, 11:23 AM)TrentEnd Wrote:
(09-03-2022, 11:13 AM)Sausage Roll Wrote:
(09-03-2022, 11:09 AM)TrentEnd Wrote: I wonder how much the cup run has helped us financially? Does anyone have any idea of the rough figures that the club makes per sold out game that is televised? We must a fair amount up from the last 3 games. Surely, it must be a fair amount and help towards ffp?

I'm sure I read somewhere that we'll get £200k for the quarter final alone being broadcast.
Good news if so. Add into that ticket sales etc and it should all be pretty helpful.

I believe you have to give half of the gate receipts away to the other team, and some to the FA as well. And to the club's credit, the tickets prices for the cup games have also been kept low, despite the quality of opposition, but means the games aren't as lucrative as they initially seem.
Reply
The teams get 45% of the ticket money and the F A get 10%.
Reply
At £20/ticket that’s roughly £1.6m for the 3 games so far, 45% is £720k Liverpool game to come call it £1m. Prize money = £352k
Add in TV money £144k for 3rd and 4th round £247k for 5th and 6th round = £782k
Total = approx £2.1m

Add that in to the Gunter money and Frank Clark money you have irrefutable proof that some will use to show we dont need to sell Brennan in the summer.
Reply
Have we offset any of the published losses against the academy- for example the 200% of wages - how much is the academy?
Reply
(09-03-2022, 02:59 PM)ozzyten10 Wrote: Have we offset any of the published losses against the academy- for example the 200% of wages - how much is the academy?

None of the FFP calcs are published so who knows
Reply
(09-03-2022, 11:28 AM)Sausage Roll Wrote: FA Cup prize money is:

Third round proper winners (32) £82,000
Fourth round proper winners (16) £90,000
Fifth round proper winners (8) £180,000
Quarter-final winners (4) £360,000
Semi-final winners (2) £900,000
Semi-final losers (2) £450,000
Final runners-up (1) £900,000
Final winners (1) £1,800,000

Don't know if that's cumulative or not (i.e. if we get the £82k + £90k + £180k). Would imagine it is.

You get that prize money for each round you win.
So currently we have received 352k in prize money
Reply
More in depth look at this year's accounts if anyone is interested. A few highlights that I noticed:

- Our broadcasting revenue was 11m which was actually the highest non parachute payment team. That's still 20m behind Stoke who were on year 2 of parachute payments at the time and around 30m below Swansea. It just how much of a ridiculous advantage those teams have on the other teams.
- We make around 1m on player loan income apparently, didn't know that was a thing.
- Wage bill was 8th in the league although this does include some values from previous year. We got that down last summer too he suggests. Although we did make some signings in Jan.
- 3.9m was in the accounts for player purchases, which was Arter, Soh and McKenna. Gives an idea of how much those fees actually were, although I would assume this figure doesn't include add ons which would've been in the Soh & McKenna deals.
- He calculates we met FFP by 2m this year, I still really struggle to see how we don't fail it next year. We would have until the end of June to include any player sales in next year's accounts. Although FFP calcs are not published so they may well allow sales during the rest of the summer to count too as they aren't submitted until the end of August I think.

Interesting/depressing as always! Expect lots of sales to meet FFP as we lose the 6m loss we had in 2018. So we would need to only lose 8m after player sales to avoid failing FFP. Wild speculation but maybe a slightly lower wage bill, increased TV revenue (partly due to the cup run) plus a few extra home gams, maybe our Operating Loss improves from 34m to around 30m. Hypothetically if it was 25m minus the 5m Covid loss write off, we'd then only need 12m worth of sales. So I suppose if the Carvalho fee was high this might get us closer.
Reply
(02-06-2022, 04:59 PM)McDurban Wrote:
(02-06-2022, 02:23 PM)DR Forest Wrote:
(02-06-2022, 01:14 PM)McDurban Wrote:
(02-06-2022, 01:08 PM)DR Forest Wrote: The benchmark for me is coutinho for £17m.
How that puts spence (or Brennan) in the £20m + category is beyond me- even if they are young.
But no one knows what or if anyone else has bid for him so we just have to wait and see I guess.

Even if we don’t get the likes of Lingard, it’s a new level as fans to be seriously in contention for this level of player.

I don’t think this has happened since we nearly signed baggio all those years ago….

What about the wage difference?

What wage difference?
I’m intrigued as to how you know what Forest will or won’t now pay in salaries.
Believe me, the old FFP rule book has been ripped up. It’s a completely new mandate.

And before you state the obvious, of course paying high wages is no guarantee of success … EXCEPT the difference this time is we are in a different market and EM trusts the recruitment team and manager. 
This time we are after a higher calibre of player. 
This time we are using statistics and deep background analytics to assess players. 
This time we will not be signing Harry Arter.

Coutinho will be on a bigger wage than Forest could afford, that is what drives his transfer price down.

What by £125m? 
That makes him on 600k a week at villa by your reckoning.
I’m being facetious, of course, but I’m still waiting for you to tell me how you know for a fact villa can pay more than forest and how for a fact forest cant compete with most premier clubs other than those with an oil related benefactor (a presumption I’ll grant you).

In plain English I make two points:
Don’t think forest can’t compete financially now BUT also
Don’t assume we will pay the stupid money being touted (initially) by some clubs.
Reply


Forum Jump: