Posts: 11,128
Threads: 56
Joined: Jun 2018
Reputation:
62
(22-04-2021, 04:37 PM)Tricky Wrote: (22-04-2021, 02:34 PM)Strawberry Avenger Wrote: (22-04-2021, 12:41 PM)Madforit Wrote: I wouldn't be surprised to see Johnson being sold this summer, so I'd like to see Ameobi stay, we look a lot more of a threat when he's in the team.
:cool:
I think at this current time, he's the best of what we have got. We do have more threat when he plays. He's been a miss in the last couple of games.
SA.
I read a report (in the Notts Post I think) saying there are a number of clubs lining up for Johnson and he is currently valued at about £10M!
Given the fact that his dad has been somewhat disrespectful to Forest over the past few months, I can actually see Johnson being this years sacrifice to the clubs finances.
It all boils down to what Chris Hughton thinks of him upon his return
It really depends on the offers though, this is not going to be a seller's market. Would be much better to sell next season and hope the market has improved by then.
Honestly, no-one has any money, you won't be seeing many transfers, unless perhaps there's a couple right at the top that act as a domino. For most clubs it'll be about escaping pre-covid contracts that they now can't afford. (or foolishly signed contracts during the pandemic...)
Posts: 8,998
Threads: 4
Joined: Jun 2018
Reputation:
55
(22-04-2021, 04:37 PM)Tricky Wrote: (22-04-2021, 02:34 PM)Strawberry Avenger Wrote: (22-04-2021, 12:41 PM)Madforit Wrote: I wouldn't be surprised to see Johnson being sold this summer, so I'd like to see Ameobi stay, we look a lot more of a threat when he's in the team.
:cool:
I think at this current time, he's the best of what we have got. We do have more threat when he plays. He's been a miss in the last couple of games.
SA.
I read a report (in the Notts Post I think) saying there are a number of clubs lining up for Johnson and he is currently valued at about £10M!
Given the fact that his dad has been somewhat disrespectful to Forest over the past few months, I can actually see Johnson being this years sacrifice to the clubs finances.
It all boils down to what Chris Hughton thinks of him upon his return
Johnno ought to be careful. He had a good time in a Forest shirt. At least allow his son to do the same. Brennan clearly has affection for Forest judging by his interview from last year and has been with the club a long time. If he's as good as his dad says then he'll get his chance for a big money move.
If Hughton rates him. He stays. Got be worth a shot at starting the season with him and integrating him and one or two other Academy players into this Summer's squad.
He's had a fab season at the Imps. Dynamic and persistent. Seems to read the game well and be in the right place at the right time. Got a bit of that from his Dad, perhaps. Great assist and some killer strikes. (Watched him on the Quest EFL with interest.). Had he been any other club's player he'd be the sort of player we'd be lamenting we haven't made a move for or should be making a move for.
SA.
Posts: 8,998
Threads: 4
Joined: Jun 2018
Reputation:
55
(22-04-2021, 04:42 PM)wassy04 Wrote: (22-04-2021, 04:37 PM)Tricky Wrote: (22-04-2021, 02:34 PM)Strawberry Avenger Wrote: (22-04-2021, 12:41 PM)Madforit Wrote: I wouldn't be surprised to see Johnson being sold this summer, so I'd like to see Ameobi stay, we look a lot more of a threat when he's in the team.
:cool:
I think at this current time, he's the best of what we have got. We do have more threat when he plays. He's been a miss in the last couple of games.
SA.
I read a report (in the Notts Post I think) saying there are a number of clubs lining up for Johnson and he is currently valued at about £10M!
Given the fact that his dad has been somewhat disrespectful to Forest over the past few months, I can actually see Johnson being this years sacrifice to the clubs finances.
It all boils down to what Chris Hughton thinks of him upon his return
It really depends on the offers though, this is not going to be a seller's market. Would be much better to sell next season and hope the market has improved by then.
Honestly, no-one has any money, you won't be seeing many transfers, unless perhaps there's a couple right at the top that act as a domino. For most clubs it'll be about escaping pre-covid contracts that they now can't afford. (or foolishly signed contracts during the pandemic...)
Yep.
I sez he stays and plays with us. Helps Hughton get promotion and we double his and Worrall's value. Need a bit more forward thinking with the next season rather than that 'short-termism' right Mr. Randall?
SA.
Posts: 8,998
Threads: 4
Joined: Jun 2018
Reputation:
55
(22-04-2021, 03:21 PM)ozzyten10 Wrote: Our most effective winger in the last 2 years
True. He made some sledgehammer goals last season and some great assists for Grabban.
He's outshone Freeman and Knocker this season. Who would have thought? Two Premiership players. And Ameobi with far more value for money. With a stronger team we might have seen more from him this season. We needed another quality winger (I guess we tried...) to help balance out his inconsistencies.
SA.
Posts: 12,252
Threads: 12
Joined: May 2018
Reputation:
86
My starting 11 based on players currently named on the official website:
Samba
Jenkinson Wozza McKenna Blackett
Lolley Yates Colback Mighten
Cafu
Grabban
subs: Smithy, Figs, Soh, Bong, Bach, Arter, Taylor.
That's the entirety of the players currently named by the club as 'first team' players. Players in bold are what I think are dead cert picks.
Posts: 19,588
Threads: 616
Joined: May 2018
Reputation:
209
Location: Athens
So no Carvalho listed then?
Panic on the streets of Croydon, Derby, Sheffield, Leicestershire.
Posts: 12,252
Threads: 12
Joined: May 2018
Reputation:
86
(29-06-2021, 10:54 AM)Sniffer Dog Wrote: So no Carvalho listed then?
No, but no Gabriel or Johnson listed either so I don't think we can read too much into that.
Posts: 19,588
Threads: 616
Joined: May 2018
Reputation:
209
Location: Athens
Yes just realised that. So it's an old list from before our loan players came back.
Panic on the streets of Croydon, Derby, Sheffield, Leicestershire.
Posts: 12,252
Threads: 12
Joined: May 2018
Reputation:
86
(29-06-2021, 10:57 AM)Sniffer Dog Wrote: Yes just realised that. So it's an old list from before our loan players came back.
Yes, or rather it's the current list. I presume all loanees are retained by their clubs until the end of June.
I cant see Gabriel or Carvalho getting into a CH side, only Johnson. And I suppose there's Da Costa and Ioannou coming back too too. Same for them. So an updated side would be:
Samba
Jenkinson Wozza McKenna Blackett
Lolley Yates Cafu Mighten
Johnson
Grabban
subs: Smithy, Figs, Soh, Bong, Ioannou, Gabriel, Bach, Arter, Colback, Carvalho, Taylor, Da Costa.
We do still have some quality in there.
Posts: 1,319
Threads: 2
Joined: Apr 2019
Reputation:
5
(29-06-2021, 10:22 AM)Sniffer Dog Wrote: (29-06-2021, 10:20 AM)Squarered Wrote: Very slim pickings on the potential signings gossip. When do we come back for pre-season training?
We are already back.
I think this week is mainly weighing the players in and carrying out the various tests; the heavy stuff starts next week.
Posts: 1,838
Threads: 0
Joined: Jul 2018
Reputation:
20
There is still some quality in the squad, but we definitely need something extra....
I think if we saw no signings then the team CH would go for would probably be something like -
Samba
Gabriel Worrall McKenna Bong
Colback Yates
Lolley Cafu Johnson
Grabban
I'd be tempted with Carvalho over Cafu and Mighten over Lolley depending on Lol's fitness
Posts: 12,252
Threads: 12
Joined: May 2018
Reputation:
86
(29-06-2021, 11:25 AM)Shawoddyred Wrote: There is still some quality in the squad, but we definitely need something extra....
I think if we saw no signings then the team CH would go for would probably be something like -
Samba
Gabriel Worrall McKenna Bong
Colback Yates
Lolley Cafu Johnson
Grabban
I'd be tempted with Carvalho over Cafu and Mighten over Lolley depending on Lol's fitness
Lolley was beginning to show a few signs of getting his mojo back before he was struck down by his hamstring injury. Personally I cant see Colback getting picked by CH. He resisted for the most of the season just gone. And Bong seems to have fallen out of favour for some reason, so I'm discounting him too. Be interesting if CH feels he can play Johnson and Mighten in the same side, at least initially. Would that pair be considered to be just too lightweight/naive/inexperienced?
|