Posts: 8,998
Threads: 4
Joined: Jun 2018
Reputation:
55
(22-04-2021, 09:20 AM)Paplane Wrote: (22-04-2021, 09:10 AM)Salvatore Matrecano Wrote: Daft decision if we let Ameobi go. Value for money he trounces either Knockaert or Freeman, no fee and simply extending a modest contract. We would struggle to get anyone as effective for a similar outlay.
Would understand if he wants to leave to be a more regular start but would think that would be at a lower level.
Yep, I couldnt understand why 1 he was only offered another one year deal and 2 why he accepted a one year deal. His season under Sabri more than merited a decent contract imo.
Hes played the last two seasons at risk. Its understandable he'd want some security. Considering the money that been spent on Knockaert, Taylor, Arter wages, he's a no brainer for me.
Good p0int. :cool:
SA.
Posts: 8,998
Threads: 4
Joined: Jun 2018
Reputation:
55
(22-04-2021, 09:10 AM)Salvatore Matrecano Wrote: Daft decision if we let Ameobi go. Value for money he trounces either Knockaert or Freeman, no fee and simply extending a modest contract. We would struggle to get anyone as effective for a similar outlay.
Would understand if he wants to leave to be a more regular start but would think that would be at a lower level.
Nailed on.
SA.
Posts: 8,998
Threads: 4
Joined: Jun 2018
Reputation:
55
(22-04-2021, 08:38 AM)Paplane Wrote: (22-04-2021, 08:30 AM)ozzyten10 Wrote: I’d be surprised if Ameobi stays- told he has a ‘Taylor’ injury- one which protects his next contract elsewhere...
Perfectly understandable. Put yourself in his shoes, most would do it. I just hope we're currently negotiating with him.
Its a shame if he goes. Weve really missed him of late. He'd be in my side every week.
I think he's the best all round winger we have. Got a club hammer of a shot on him. He's robust and can play a bit. 'Gets' the hustle and bustle of the Championship. Has goals and assists in him. Just not consistent. As many wingers aren't. Clucus only has 2 goals for example.
Has a good unpredictable quality to him. He'd be worth another year.
SA.
Posts: 19,587
Threads: 616
Joined: May 2018
Reputation:
209
Location: Athens
I would also like to see Ameobi stay but does he want it? I am not convinced.
Panic on the streets of Croydon, Derby, Sheffield, Leicestershire.
Posts: 11,128
Threads: 56
Joined: Jun 2018
Reputation:
62
(22-04-2021, 12:24 PM)Sniffer Dog Wrote: I would also like to see Ameobi stay but does he want it? I am not convinced.
No harm on him testing the market before making his mind up. He will be fully aware that Johnson is returning and likely to play in his position, same with Lolley possibly.
Depends if he gets a better offer financially (doubtful) or with more certain playing time (possible)
Posts: 12,252
Threads: 12
Joined: May 2018
Reputation:
86
(22-04-2021, 12:33 PM)wassy04 Wrote: (22-04-2021, 12:24 PM)Sniffer Dog Wrote: I would also like to see Ameobi stay but does he want it? I am not convinced.
No harm on him testing the market before making his mind up. He will be fully aware that Johnson is returning and likely to play in his position, same with Lolley possibly.
Depends if he gets a better offer financially (doubtful) or with more certain playing time (possible)
My guess is he wants a three year deal and the club don't want to commit so he's looking elswhere.
Posts: 1,779
Threads: 0
Joined: May 2018
Reputation:
9
I wouldn't be surprised to see Johnson being sold this summer, so I'd like to see Ameobi stay, we look a lot more of a threat when he's in the team.
ThePromisedLand
Unregistered
(22-04-2021, 12:35 PM)Paplane Wrote: (22-04-2021, 12:33 PM)wassy04 Wrote: (22-04-2021, 12:24 PM)Sniffer Dog Wrote: I would also like to see Ameobi stay but does he want it? I am not convinced.
No harm on him testing the market before making his mind up. He will be fully aware that Johnson is returning and likely to play in his position, same with Lolley possibly.
Depends if he gets a better offer financially (doubtful) or with more certain playing time (possible)
My guess is he wants a three year deal and the club don't want to commit so he's looking elswhere.
Probably about right.
3 years is probably too long in my opinion - would like to think a 2 year compromise would work.
Posts: 8,998
Threads: 4
Joined: Jun 2018
Reputation:
55
(22-04-2021, 12:48 PM)ThePromisedLand Wrote: (22-04-2021, 12:35 PM)Paplane Wrote: (22-04-2021, 12:33 PM)wassy04 Wrote: (22-04-2021, 12:24 PM)Sniffer Dog Wrote: I would also like to see Ameobi stay but does he want it? I am not convinced.
No harm on him testing the market before making his mind up. He will be fully aware that Johnson is returning and likely to play in his position, same with Lolley possibly.
Depends if he gets a better offer financially (doubtful) or with more certain playing time (possible)
My guess is he wants a three year deal and the club don't want to commit so he's looking elswhere.
Probably about right.
3 years is probably too long in my opinion - would like to think a 2 year compromise would work.
Yeah. He aint getting 3 years. I'd be surprised if he did. He hasn't been 'that' consistent. But he'd be useful to have as part of a 'four' winger set up.
SA.
Posts: 8,998
Threads: 4
Joined: Jun 2018
Reputation:
55
(22-04-2021, 12:41 PM)Madforit Wrote: I wouldn't be surprised to see Johnson being sold this summer, so I'd like to see Ameobi stay, we look a lot more of a threat when he's in the team.
:cool:
I think at this current time, he's the best of what we have got. We do have more threat when he plays. He's been a miss in the last couple of games.
SA.
Posts: 5,007
Threads: 5
Joined: Jun 2018
Reputation:
47
Our most effective winger in the last 2 years
Posts: 4,897
Threads: 128
Joined: May 2018
Reputation:
41
(22-04-2021, 02:34 PM)Strawberry Avenger Wrote: (22-04-2021, 12:41 PM)Madforit Wrote: I wouldn't be surprised to see Johnson being sold this summer, so I'd like to see Ameobi stay, we look a lot more of a threat when he's in the team.
:cool:
I think at this current time, he's the best of what we have got. We do have more threat when he plays. He's been a miss in the last couple of games.
SA.
I read a report (in the Notts Post I think) saying there are a number of clubs lining up for Johnson and he is currently valued at about £10M!
Given the fact that his dad has been somewhat disrespectful to Forest over the past few months, I can actually see Johnson being this years sacrifice to the clubs finances.
It all boils down to what Chris Hughton thinks of him upon his return
"It's Tricky to rock a rhyme, to rock a rhyme that's right on time, it's Trickay, It's Tricky, Tricky, Tricky Tricky" - Run DMC
|