09-01-2023, 03:02 PM
(09-01-2023, 02:59 PM)Paplane Wrote: So Cooper's power grab at the city ground is now complete. Not a bad thing if he knows what he's doing, which so far appears to be the case. We didnt do so badly under cloughie's dictatorship afterall.
I never bought into the Dane Murphy thing anyway. I always had a suspicion that he got lucky at Barnsley by selecting an unknown manager who miraculously came good. He certainly chose the right bloke for us too, so fair enough , but does just two good decisions like that make you some kind of genius ceo? I dunno. I also never bought into his analytical approach to transfers either. It all felt a bit too removed from reality for me. Our best signings this season have been Boly, Freuler, Kouyate, Henderson etc. None of them plucked from the unknown at a young age are they?
Wish him all the best though. I hope he has success in his career.
Feels generous to class Boly as a success given he only broke into the team a few games ago! (just to be pedantic) Also, you missed off the clear signing of the season in Aurier.

