Posts: 19,580
Threads: 615
Joined: May 2018
Reputation:
209
Location: Athens
30-03-2026, 07:37 AM
Back to the Europa League with a quarter Final against Porto.
Who would have thought that possible 3 or 4 years ago?
The match will be played on Thursday 9th April 2026.
At the Estádio do Dragão Stadium in Porto.
Kick off is at 20:00.
COYR!
Panic on the streets of Croydon, Derby, Sheffield, Leicestershire.
Posts: 12,325
Threads: 16
Joined: Jun 2018
Reputation:
119
(30-03-2026, 07:37 AM)Sniffer Dog (Admin) Wrote: Back to the Europa League with a quarter Final against Porto.
Who would have thought that possible 3 or 4 years ago?
The match will be played on Thursday 9th April 2026.
At the Estádio do Dragão Stadium in Porto.
Kick off is at 20:00.
COYR!
Slightly more than 4 years ago, but whilst I was watching us being pasted at home by Warnock’s Boro and bottom of the Champ, my answer to your question is, not me.
Posts: 12,242
Threads: 12
Joined: May 2018
Reputation:
86
D
That'd do us fine I think.
Posts: 11,125
Threads: 56
Joined: Jun 2018
Reputation:
62
Same team as the second leg vs Midtjylland (minus Morato)?
I honestly think I would play some of them, although I'd keep the back three (assuming Cunha is fit?!) the same.
Keeper
Murillo Milenkovic Cunha
N'Doye Yates Sangare Bakwa
Hutchinson MGW
Jesus
Something like that, maybe Mcatee too? Or is that too attacking?
Posts: 12,325
Threads: 16
Joined: Jun 2018
Reputation:
119
Porto are a much better team than Midtjylland and they will be playing Champions League next year. Need to get a balance on rotating, it worked better than expected last week.
Was previously thinking we need to bin off Europa, changed my mind on that now, we've come this far I want to stay in as long as possible.
Posts: 12,242
Threads: 12
Joined: May 2018
Reputation:
86
(30-03-2026, 10:46 AM)Salvatore Matrecano Wrote: Porto are a much better team than Midtjylland and they will be playing Champions League next year. Need to get a balance on rotating, it worked better than expected last week.
Was previously thinking we need to bin off Europa, changed my mind on that now, we've come this far I want to stay in as long as possible.
Depends on if the positive performance of our B team was a one off, or if they can now be relied upon to put out there and get a result.
I guess we'll find out over the next 3 weeks.
Posts: 19,580
Threads: 615
Joined: May 2018
Reputation:
209
Location: Athens
(30-03-2026, 08:01 AM)Paplane Wrote: D
That'd do us fine I think.
Agreed Pap I would definitely take that.
Panic on the streets of Croydon, Derby, Sheffield, Leicestershire.
Posts: 19,580
Threads: 615
Joined: May 2018
Reputation:
209
Location: Athens
I would definitely start a back three of Cunha - Milenkovic - Murillo providing Cunha is fit.
Panic on the streets of Croydon, Derby, Sheffield, Leicestershire.
Posts: 12,325
Threads: 16
Joined: Jun 2018
Reputation:
119
Porto drew 2-2 at home vs Famalicão yesterday managing to concede a 99th minute equaliser.
Good team with an excellent home record but we can definitely get a result if we play it right.
Posts: 11,125
Threads: 56
Joined: Jun 2018
Reputation:
62
(05-04-2026, 09:38 AM)Salvatore Matrecano Wrote: Porto drew 2-2 at home vs Famalicão yesterday managing to concede a 99th minute equaliser.
Good team with an excellent home record but we can definitely get a result if we play it right.
Did they rotate? I was trying to work it out but can't really tell. They don't seem to have a particularly settled team.
Posts: 11,125
Threads: 56
Joined: Jun 2018
Reputation:
62
(05-04-2026, 07:00 AM)Sniffer Dog (Admin) Wrote: I would definitely start a back three of Cunha - Milenkovic - Murillo providing Cunha is fit.
Definitely this. Its the rest of the positions that are up for debate.
I think the debate is do you play N'Doye and Bakwa as wingbacks or Neco/Aina or a combination of the two?
I think Sangare/Yatesy, MGW (he just had two weeks off!)/Hutch and Jesus up top.
Hopefully, Wood is on the bench too.
Posts: 12,325
Threads: 16
Joined: Jun 2018
Reputation:
119
(05-04-2026, 09:42 AM)wassy04 Wrote: (05-04-2026, 09:38 AM)Salvatore Matrecano Wrote: Porto drew 2-2 at home vs Famalicão yesterday managing to concede a 99th minute equaliser.
Good team with an excellent home record but we can definitely get a result if we play it right.
Did they rotate? I was trying to work it out but can't really tell. They don't seem to have a particularly settled team.
Had a quick look at yesterday line up vs thie last Europa game, looks to be 5 changes with a few positional changes too. Seems to be 433 for both games.
|