Nuno Espirito Santo
(22-08-2025, 04:48 PM)Sniffer Dog (Admin) Wrote:
(22-08-2025, 04:43 PM)JollyLollyAussie Wrote: The only major change or difference at Forest since last season that I am aware of is the introduction of Edu, and looking from the outside in and based on Nuno's various press confrences and what has been said it pretty evident that they see the game and players involved differently, this situation can not continue so one has to go or alternativley accept the others point of view, looks like Nuno is out as EM has more faith in Edu.

Nuno knew Edu was coming before he signed his new contract.

What’s your gut feeling Sniffer? Is this distraction tactics/master stroke ahead of a big game like last weekend or is he likely gone?
Reply
https://x.com/bbcrns/status/195891777107...Mw1uGm-xAg

Nuno’s follow up with Colin Fray really sounds like a goodbye. He doesn’t talk much about beyond Sunday. Mentions hearing something at 9am (could just be reports) and mentions that the players reacted to some news. He also says “when I go” at one point
Reply
Perhaps promises were made when he signed the contract that he doesn't believe have been upheld. I reckon it will relate to Edu. Nuno won't be first manager to have had issues with sporting directors.

I hope something can be done to calm the situation as it feels like Forest are building something

On the other hand, it might be that Marinakis and Edu see an opportunity to bring someone in who can take us to next level (although can't think that would be Ange)
Reply
I agreed Sniffer BUT he had not worked with him and maybe this has not worked the way EM thought?
Reply
(22-08-2025, 04:51 PM)BomberBowyer Wrote:
(22-08-2025, 04:48 PM)Sniffer Dog (Admin) Wrote:
(22-08-2025, 04:43 PM)JollyLollyAussie Wrote: The only major change or difference at Forest since last season that I am aware of is the introduction of Edu, and looking from the outside in and based on Nuno's various press confrences and what has been said it pretty evident that they see the game and players involved differently, this situation can not continue so one has to go or alternativley accept the others point of view, looks like Nuno is out as EM has more faith in Edu.

Nuno knew Edu was coming before he signed his new contract.

What’s your gut feeling Sniffer? Is this distraction tactics/master stroke ahead of a big game like last weekend or is he likely gone?

Gut feeling is that he is gone.

I find his behaviour bazaar a bit like a petulant child although I realise others will disagree.
Panic on the streets of Croydon, Derby, Sheffield, Leicestershire.
Reply
Does EM still want mourinho? Didn’t someone say that if we got to Europe he’d want a statement manager like Jose to push us on? Is Jose still that kinda manager?
Reply
Nuno has acted like a child but I have a gut feeling that the owner and Edu have been building a squad for someone else to manage.
Reply
I would tend to agree - I don't see how you rebuild from such a public fallout.

It would be a shame and a costly one as well. It could be softened if we were able to pull in a manager like glasner who has think could a lot with this squad. I'm not sure about Ange - did well in first season but that second season has tainted his reputation somewhat
Reply
I still think we are going to go after Marco Silva. I'm actually not impressed with Nuno after that press conference. I don't get what you gain for doing that and taking focus of the game.
Yes it took time for us to get players but they are the perfect players for his style and should be able to fit right in.
Reply
Probably no coincidence that Nuno has done hardly any media through the summer - don't think he spoke after the friendlies. This one has clearly been brewing.
Reply
(22-08-2025, 05:13 PM)Mcforest Wrote: I still think we are going to go after Marco Silva. I'm actually not impressed with Nuno after that press conference. I don't get what you gain for doing that and taking focus of the game.
Yes it took time for us to get players but they are the perfect players for his style and should be able to fit right in.

I could accept that as a good replacement but there are few disgruntled managers out there that might be willing to swap to the city ground
Reply
(22-08-2025, 05:16 PM)Plymouth red Wrote: I could accept that as a good replacement but there are few disgruntled managers out there that might be willing to swap to the city ground

Disgruntled managers there are plenty. Depends if they fancy swapping a job with few prospects and limited funding for a rollercoaster.
Reply


Forum Jump: