Posts: 5,008
Threads: 5
Joined: Jun 2018
Reputation:
47
We are massively over achieving this year- it has led to higher expectations and frustration today. Newcastle have probably the best centre forward in world football and have spent much more than us.
Having watched it back we were awful after we scored and actually went a bit hung ho you n an attacking sense when we did get the ball - leaving acres of space for Isa. How wood was left tracking back willock was stupid and tactically we were undone. The manner of the first half capitulation was awful and the fact we got back into it is the only silver lining because goal difference may be important.
Posts: 19,596
Threads: 617
Joined: May 2018
Reputation:
209
Location: Athens
Slept on it as usual before commenting.
To concede 4 goals in eleven minutes is totally unacceptable at any level of football.
Our game management after scoring first was shocking, no composure and no will to keep the ball and pass it around and keep possession a bit. It really was shocking to see.
Okay second half was better but I am not going to allow that to mask the first half.
Rant over and onto Wednesday.
Panic on the streets of Croydon, Derby, Sheffield, Leicestershire.
Posts: 12,260
Threads: 12
Joined: May 2018
Reputation:
86
It's a good job there's another game on Wednesday. Hopefully the lads can put in a performance that rights the many wrongs of the last few weeks.
Posts: 19,596
Threads: 617
Joined: May 2018
Reputation:
209
Location: Athens
(23-02-2025, 10:11 PM)Reds73 Wrote: (23-02-2025, 05:39 PM)ozzyten10 Wrote: Ref wasn’t great today for us. Gave lots of soft free kicks for them and not us. The pen was probably a pen but I put my house on us not getting that at the other end. Elanga was at fault quite a few times at not covering hall effectively - CHO showed second half how to play defensively whilst being effective going forward. Everyone having a pop at Aina should rewatch how many times he had 3 players to deal with.
Midfield was rubbish - MGW stood on Bruno and played into their hands - he should have dropped 10 yards. Anderson was off it and Dominguez can moan all he likes - if he plays like that he will be on the bench for a long time.
Yates is what we missed first half - organised and disrupts - we lose a bit of drive forward you can argue but I’d like to look at stats with and without Yates this year. I think Nuno quite unfairly put the Bournemouth first half performances on him.
A bit worried by how tired we may be v arsenal now after that - however it’s a great opportunity as they are ravaged by injury up top.
We should be fine.
We’ve hardly had any midweek fixtures and had a weeks holiday in Dubai.
Absolutely zero excuses
I am still not convinced that was a good idea.
I said so at the time and I have seen nothing to change my mind since.
Panic on the streets of Croydon, Derby, Sheffield, Leicestershire.
Posts: 4,897
Threads: 128
Joined: May 2018
Reputation:
41
(24-02-2025, 01:18 PM)Sniffer Dog (Admin) Wrote: (23-02-2025, 10:11 PM)Reds73 Wrote: (23-02-2025, 05:39 PM)ozzyten10 Wrote: Ref wasn’t great today for us. Gave lots of soft free kicks for them and not us. The pen was probably a pen but I put my house on us not getting that at the other end. Elanga was at fault quite a few times at not covering hall effectively - CHO showed second half how to play defensively whilst being effective going forward. Everyone having a pop at Aina should rewatch how many times he had 3 players to deal with.
Midfield was rubbish - MGW stood on Bruno and played into their hands - he should have dropped 10 yards. Anderson was off it and Dominguez can moan all he likes - if he plays like that he will be on the bench for a long time.
Yates is what we missed first half - organised and disrupts - we lose a bit of drive forward you can argue but I’d like to look at stats with and without Yates this year. I think Nuno quite unfairly put the Bournemouth first half performances on him.
A bit worried by how tired we may be v arsenal now after that - however it’s a great opportunity as they are ravaged by injury up top.
We should be fine.
We’ve hardly had any midweek fixtures and had a weeks holiday in Dubai.
Absolutely zero excuses
I am still not convinced that was a good idea.
I said so at the time and I have seen nothing to change my mind since.
I agree with that notion Sniff. It worked for Cloughie, but he would ship the players off to Spain and it was more of a relaxing piss up rather than a flight there and back to the middle east to work extensively.
"It's Tricky to rock a rhyme, to rock a rhyme that's right on time, it's Trickay, It's Tricky, Tricky, Tricky Tricky" - Run DMC