Current Players Thread
(16-12-2024, 07:56 PM)Chicago Wrote: Couple of things  Is Murillo injured and how are things going with Aina's contract.  It might be squeaky bum time as he can sign with other European clubs in January if we haven't got him tied down.  Who is responsible for that now?  EDU not officially working until the summer correct?  So this must mean Ross is the man to get Ola over the line.  EM should have given him a bigger hug on Saturday and refuse to let him go until he put pen to paper.

I suspect only Reds73 knows the answer to this.  Get your ear to the ground son!


Chicago: Getting anxious.

Think Murillo is fine - rolled his ankle 
Ola supposedly close to signing and hopefully should be good news before 2025
Reply
(16-12-2024, 10:53 PM)Reds73 Wrote: Didn’t realise there were African Nations play offs for Nigeria on 22/12 and 28/12

Don’t know if Ola has been called up but not seen anything

Apparantly this is a different tournament just for domestic players
Reply
Looking at the Top 10 of Duels won in the EPL, only three Englishmen appear.
Of those at number 6 we have Ryan Yates and at number 7 Elliot Anderson.
Naturally, I think this stat skews in favour of teams that play without the ball.


Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
   
Reply
Very impressed with how Neco Williams has come back into the side.

Real competition for places.
Reply
(21-12-2024, 10:47 PM)Trailer Park Tom Wrote: Very impressed with how Neco Williams has come back into the side.

Real competition for places.

Yes he is doing well.

I personally thought it was his best game for us yesterday.
Panic on the streets of Croydon, Derby, Sheffield, Leicestershire.
Reply
From a purely neutral standpoint, how many of our current squad would be considered top 6 level or capable of reaching that? Definitely more than I'd of said at the start of the year!

Murillo, Milenkovic, Aina, Anderson, MGW for starters. Maybe Danilo too, Wood this season too although not over the course of his whole career. Morato too, have we ever conceded with him on the field?!

CHO? Elanga? Yatesy?

Given the pace we've jumped up, this debate will have to happen if we truly want to compete for European places or dare I say it compete in European competition next year!
Reply
(22-12-2024, 12:33 PM)wassy04 Wrote: From a purely neutral standpoint, how many of our current squad would be considered top 6 level or capable of reaching that? Definitely more than I'd of said at the start of the year!

Murillo, Milenkovic, Aina, Anderson, MGW for starters. Maybe Danilo too, Wood this season too although not over the course of his whole career. Morato too, have we ever conceded with him on the field?!

CHO? Elanga? Yatesy?

Given the pace we've jumped up, this debate will have to happen if we truly want to compete for European places or dare I say it compete in European competition next year!

Wassy we are already competing.

The table doesn't lie at Christmas.

We are where we are on merit and we deserve to be there.

I know it's a bit of a shock but it is already happening.

We are already competing for Europe.
Panic on the streets of Croydon, Derby, Sheffield, Leicestershire.
Reply
To summarise I would say currently the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. I think many teams if you look probably have greater individual talent available to them. Thats why the “experts” are so baffled at how we are performing.
Reply
(22-12-2024, 12:38 PM)Salvatore Matrecano Wrote: To summarise I would say currently the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. I think many teams if you look probably have greater individual talent available to them. Thats why the “experts” are so baffled at how we are performing.

I think we are a real team Sal.

We perfectly sum up the meaning of the word team.
Panic on the streets of Croydon, Derby, Sheffield, Leicestershire.
Reply
(21-12-2024, 10:47 PM)Trailer Park Tom Wrote: Very impressed with how Neco Williams has come back into the side.

Real competition for places.

He's extremely complimentary about Nuno according to some of the guys in Cefn who he chats to when comes home
Reply
(22-12-2024, 12:37 PM)Sniffer Dog (Admin) Wrote:
(22-12-2024, 12:33 PM)wassy04 Wrote: From a purely neutral standpoint, how many of our current squad would be considered top 6 level or capable of reaching that? Definitely more than I'd of said at the start of the year!

Murillo, Milenkovic, Aina, Anderson, MGW for starters. Maybe Danilo too, Wood this season too although not over the course of his whole career. Morato too, have we ever conceded with him on the field?!

CHO? Elanga? Yatesy?

Given the pace we've jumped up, this debate will have to happen if we truly want to compete for European places or dare I say it compete in European competition next year!

Wassy we are already competing.

The table doesn't lie at Christmas.

We are where we are on merit and we deserve to be there.

I know it's a bit of a shock but it is already happening.

We are already competing for Europe.

I'm not saying we're not here on merit but that also doesn't mean we can't improve either? Or that a lot of the players were in the same team that finished 17th last year, so they also have played at that level too.

You seem to be taking it as a criticism but it's not, it's exciting. Plenty of teams have had one great season where the team is greater than the sum of it's parts and then dropped away. This is about how we capitalise to strengthen this individuals in the squad to sustain this position and potentially push on next year.
Reply
It's hard to say if our players would get into the top 6 sides because we've formed a squad that works together. The players know their responsibilities and it's balanced to achieve what Nuno wants.

This is why Man United are wank.
Reply


Forum Jump: