Nuno Espirito Santo
I don't think I have seen a Manager be on the back end of shocking decisions like this before 9/10 of Nuno's games have been ruined by inept refereeing decisions.
Reply
Nuno won’t be manager next season even if we manage some how to in the premier league. He has been at the wrong side of some terrible decisions but he has also looked out of his depth. We have never got on top of doing the basics right. we have looked open and mentally weak all season. I suspect there will be a lot of transfer acrtivity again in the summer and let’s hope the new players and manager can do the basics better.
Reply
(25-04-2024, 09:50 PM)ToryTom Wrote: Nuno won’t be manager next season even if we manage some how to in the premier league. He has been at the wrong side of some terrible decisions but he has also looked out of his depth. We have never got on top of doing the basics right. we have looked open and mentally weak all season. I suspect there will be a lot of transfer acrtivity again in the summer and let’s hope the new players and manager can do the basics better.

Don’t agree and think Nuno will be here whatever division. The only bit I agree with is a focus on doing the basics and getting us defensively stable.
Reply
I thought we were much better defending set plays last week. That was one of the few positives.
Reply
(25-04-2024, 09:50 PM)ToryTom Wrote: Nuno won’t be manager next season even if we manage some how to in the premier league. He has been at the wrong side of some terrible decisions but he has also looked out of his depth. We have never got on top of doing the basics right. we have looked open and mentally weak all season. I suspect there will be a lot of transfer acrtivity again in the summer and let’s hope the new players and manager can do the basics better.

Doesn't Nuno deserve the chance to shape this squad in the summer?

He has had no pre season with these players nor has he had a summer transfer window.

I know you don't like him you make that blatantly obvious but some of your criticism seems unfair.
Panic on the streets of Croydon, Derby, Sheffield, Leicestershire.
Reply
(26-04-2024, 09:42 AM)Sniffer Dog (Admin) Wrote:
(25-04-2024, 09:50 PM)ToryTom Wrote: Nuno won’t be manager next season even if we manage some how to in the premier league. He has been at the wrong side of some terrible decisions but he has also looked out of his depth. We have never got on top of doing the basics right. we have looked open and mentally weak all season. I suspect there will be a lot of transfer acrtivity again in the summer and let’s hope the new players and manager can do the basics better.

Doesn't Nuno deserve the chance to shape this squad in the summer?

He has had no pre season with these players nor has he had a summer transfer window.

I know you don't like him you make that blatantly obvious but some of your criticism seems unfair.

It's a no for me. I didn't want him when he was rumoured to be coming. Officiating aside he could have had us safe by now. Tactics/lineups, shutting up shop early doors have not helped us at times. If bringing in the Portuguese kid in Jan was his and Mendes idea then what a waste of a loan spot that was. 

For all that negativity, injuries, points deductions at Everton, Dyche still had them safe 

I'm disappointed with Nuno.
Reply
Yes but Dyche had a summer transfer window and a pre season, Nuno hasn't had that luxury.

That does make a difference.

I think Nuno deserves until Chrstmas no matter which league we are in and then we can reassess.
Panic on the streets of Croydon, Derby, Sheffield, Leicestershire.
Reply
If Nuno and the owners are on the same page, then the summer should be much better than last year. I'm in the keep Nuno camp.
Reply
(26-04-2024, 11:07 AM)Sniffer Dog (Admin) Wrote: Yes but Dyche had a summer transfer window and a pre season, Nuno hasn't had that luxury.

That does make a difference.

I think Nuno deserves until Chrstmas no matter which league we are in and then we can reassess.

How many managers at this club have had the luxury of a pre season and full season before they are judged? Not many.
The previous head coach didn’t get a pre season when we were promoted.
The whole model is meant to be based around adopting a style and bringing in players who fit that style with flexibility around who is head coach.
The concept that new manager gets to build their own squad is out dated and one of the reasons it took us 22 years to get out of the Championship.
Reply
Nuno has had a lot to contend with - PSR, VAR, AFCON, a frustrated/demoralised team. Could argue it's down to him to get the players to block out the noise and the defensive frailties with the hybrid zonal/man2man haven't improved whatsoever. I'm erring on the side of giving him the summer regardless of which division and hopefully some stability might assist in helping us move away from the bottom three next season in the EPL or in the promotion spots in the EFL.
Reply
If we go down he's going to have one hell of a kitty if all these linked away players leave
Reply
(26-04-2024, 02:14 PM)northeastred Wrote: If we go down he's going to have one hell of a kitty if all these linked away players leave

no doubt Mendes will be eyeing that up!!  I do hope we still have our access to South America - would love to find a few more gems.  Be harder to bring them over if we're in the champ.  Combination of a lot of things will potentially result in us not seeing this core group of talent develop with us... that's the sad thing about it all.
Reply


Forum Jump: