14-07-2022, 09:31 PM
Perhaps that’s what Steve wants?
|
Stevie Cooper
|
|
14-07-2022, 09:31 PM
Perhaps that’s what Steve wants?
15-07-2022, 07:10 AM
(14-07-2022, 03:57 PM)JollyLolly Wrote: Sniff, do you think the reasoning behind the failure to finalise SC contract is the length of the extension? I personally would not see a further 12 months added to his existing deal as much reward for last season. I assume an up-lift in money is a given but maybe more long term security is required to settle the matter and sign off? I don't think there is any issue at all.
Panic on the streets of Croydon, Derby, Sheffield, Leicestershire.
08-08-2022, 05:03 PM
I know there's so much going on right now to get the squad in place for the season ahead, but has there been any further news about Cooper's contract extension? Unless I've missed anything, it seems very quiet.
I really hope there aren't any issues & it's just a case of getting everything else sorted with the team first.
08-08-2022, 05:18 PM
(08-08-2022, 05:03 PM)pennhillred Wrote: I know there's so much going on right now to get the squad in place for the season ahead, but has there been any further news about Cooper's contract extension? Unless I've missed anything, it seems very quiet. The longer it goes on the more potential there is for concern. If Coops was perfectly content to extend his contract he will have done it asap. So they're either haggling over the terms of the new deal or he's refusing to sign one.
08-08-2022, 07:31 PM
I saw an interview with SC last week and the question of his contract was raised.
He said he hadn't signed a new contract yet, but would get around to it at some point. He said all he has concentrated on is the new squad and new signings, training and general stuff managers have to deal with. He says he very rarely thinks about himself first as it is the club and the team that are more important. No concerns from me after seeing that interview
"It's Tricky to rock a rhyme, to rock a rhyme that's right on time, it's Trickay, It's Tricky, Tricky, Tricky Tricky" - Run DMC
08-08-2022, 07:42 PM
(08-06-2022, 05:16 PM)Username Wrote:(08-06-2022, 08:15 AM)Sniffer Dog (Admin) Wrote:(07-06-2022, 10:37 AM)Username Wrote: If Coops is committed he would have already relayed that to the likes of Spence, Garner, Zinc, etc and they will take him at his word. Let’s hope it still is
08-08-2022, 08:21 PM
(08-08-2022, 07:31 PM)Tricky Wrote: I saw an interview with SC last week and the question of his contract was raised. I reckon thats all rubbish. Hes had all summer to sign it. He's holding off.
08-08-2022, 08:38 PM
(08-08-2022, 08:21 PM)Paplane Wrote:(08-08-2022, 07:31 PM)Tricky Wrote: I saw an interview with SC last week and the question of his contract was raised. He's still got two years on it though right? It does seem like there's something that they've not agreed on though. Maybe he's waiting to see the final squad before commiting to bonus structure etc
08-08-2022, 09:03 PM
(08-08-2022, 08:38 PM)wassy04 Wrote:(08-08-2022, 08:21 PM)Paplane Wrote:(08-08-2022, 07:31 PM)Tricky Wrote: I saw an interview with SC last week and the question of his contract was raised. The only thing i can think is maybe he doesn't have an agent and he feels he needs one to negotiate a premier league contract.
08-08-2022, 09:04 PM
^ Nope just 1 more year.
09-08-2022, 09:57 AM
(08-08-2022, 08:21 PM)Paplane Wrote:(08-08-2022, 07:31 PM)Tricky Wrote: I saw an interview with SC last week and the question of his contract was raised. You can be forgiven for thinking it's a bit odd
09-08-2022, 10:00 AM
(09-08-2022, 09:57 AM)nffc93 Wrote:(08-08-2022, 08:21 PM)Paplane Wrote:(08-08-2022, 07:31 PM)Tricky Wrote: I saw an interview with SC last week and the question of his contract was raised. It's definitely odd, you'd have thought he'd want to get it nailed down early to provide clarity to prospective signings. Plus it would give him added security in the event that we had a bad start which looks likely. I wonder what's holding it up? Perhaps Cooper wants more security than he's being offered? I mean surely it gets done at some point, right? |
|
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
|