Posts: 19,580
Threads: 615
Joined: May 2018
Reputation:
209
Location: Athens
11-07-2022, 07:08 AM
We have had some great pairings over the years from centre backs to central midfielders to strikers.
Which pairings are your favourites and in your opinion which two player's make up our greatest ever pairing/duo.
Panic on the streets of Croydon, Derby, Sheffield, Leicestershire.
Posts: 12,325
Threads: 16
Joined: Jun 2018
Reputation:
119
From my time watching Collymore and Roy
All time would be hard to beat Burns and Lloyd
Posts: 6,903
Threads: 6
Joined: Jun 2018
Reputation:
56
I know people will disagree but I genuinely thought Cooper and Chettle complimented each other perfectly
Posts: 19,580
Threads: 615
Joined: May 2018
Reputation:
209
Location: Athens
(11-07-2022, 07:55 PM)Username Wrote: I know people will disagree but I genuinely thought Cooper and Chettle complimented each other perfectly
I agree. Not the best pairing we have ever had but as you say they did compliment each other very well indeed.
Panic on the streets of Croydon, Derby, Sheffield, Leicestershire.
Posts: 6,903
Threads: 6
Joined: Jun 2018
Reputation:
56
Massive difference between the two pairings IMO, Cooper and Chettle were a big part in our (relative) premier league and European success
Posts: 19,580
Threads: 615
Joined: May 2018
Reputation:
209
Location: Athens
Not a pairing as such but the telepathy between Neal Webb and Nigel Clough was outstanding and a joy to watch.
Panic on the streets of Croydon, Derby, Sheffield, Leicestershire.
Posts: 771
Threads: 2
Joined: Sep 2019
Reputation:
5
Location: Nottingham
In terms of excitement I would go for Withe and Woodcock.
Posts: 2,767
Threads: 2
Joined: Aug 2018
Reputation:
40
Williams and Johnson next season.....
Posts: 19,580
Threads: 615
Joined: May 2018
Reputation:
209
Location: Athens
(13-07-2022, 09:18 AM)Derby My Arse Wrote: In terms of excitement I would go for Withe and Woodcock.
Lethal.
Panic on the streets of Croydon, Derby, Sheffield, Leicestershire.