Posts: 1,256
Threads: 3
Joined: Aug 2018
Reputation:
8
(03-05-2022, 10:28 PM)wassy04 Wrote: (03-05-2022, 10:18 PM)Plymouth red Wrote: Looking at final fixture
Boro go to Preston- you would expect boro to win which would give them 73. Luton host reading - you would expect Luton to win. I don't expect Millwall to beat Bournemouth which takes them out. That leaves Sheffield utd needing a draw to deny boro. They are at home to Fulham
At this stage I can see Luton perhaps finishing 5th and Sheffield utd 6th. If we fancied Luton we would perhaps do with finishing fourth - also to avoid boro, fourth place would be better as for boro to finish fifth would require them to win and both Luton and Sheffield utd to lose.
For what it's worth Huddersfield are home to Bristol so would expect them to win as well.
Bit of a dilemma if avoiding boro was a priority.
Hopefully Boro don't win, problem solved.
I think we play to win and see where that leaves us afterwards.
Screw boro we can beat them.
Posts: 5,004
Threads: 5
Joined: Jun 2018
Reputation:
47
Team for hull:
Horvath, soh, Figgs, panzo, Laraya, Cafu Ojeda, Lolley mighten, Taylor konate
4231
Posts: 483
Threads: 0
Joined: Jun 2018
Reputation:
5
Whatever will be will be
But we are one of only about 8 clubs never to have played at the new Wembley
Fate ?
Posts: 1,656
Threads: 0
Joined: Jun 2018
Reputation:
15
Location: 4 corners, Florida
We looked tired, I’ve a horrible feeling we will bottle the play offs, it’s the Forest way.
Posts: 1,779
Threads: 0
Joined: May 2018
Reputation:
9
(03-05-2022, 10:57 PM)Floridared Wrote: We looked tired, I’ve a horrible feeling we will bottle the play offs, it’s the Forest way.
I also have that feeling.
Posts: 1,656
Threads: 0
Joined: Jun 2018
Reputation:
15
Location: 4 corners, Florida
(03-05-2022, 11:44 PM)Madforit Wrote: (03-05-2022, 10:57 PM)Floridared Wrote: We looked tired, I’ve a horrible feeling we will bottle the play offs, it’s the Forest way.
I also have that feeling.
I was hoping it was just me ..
Posts: 12,242
Threads: 12
Joined: May 2018
Reputation:
86
(04-05-2022, 12:07 AM)Floridared Wrote: (03-05-2022, 11:44 PM)Madforit Wrote: (03-05-2022, 10:57 PM)Floridared Wrote: We looked tired, I’ve a horrible feeling we will bottle the play offs, it’s the Forest way.
I also have that feeling.
I was hoping it was just me ..
Me too.
The way Bournemouth prevented us playing in the 2nd was disappointing. I honestly thought we were better than that. And I thought we were better than them. Clealry not. I was also convinced we'd hold our own in the prem. I'm doubting that now too witht the way our threat was neutralised by a good side.
Posts: 3,298
Threads: 2
Joined: Jul 2018
Reputation:
17
Was our biggest game of the season last night and we needed to turn up, we didn't, we hoofed it all night against a tall physical night, the refs was bad. But so was the tactics.. its worrying because if we fail to turn up for a big league game, how will we cope in the play offs .
It has so much riding on it... not only promotion, but keeping a load of players, but the biggest threat is loosing Coops, who will be poached in the summer if we don't go up..
Just hope we go on a 4 win game winning streak now... just hope the pressure of the play offs won't get to us like last night did
Posts: 2,729
Threads: 13
Joined: Jun 2018
Reputation:
26
Whatever happens in the play off happens. Form goes out the window and the best team doesn't always win, that just the way things are with the system. I hope more than think we can win them but my head tells me we have struggled against the top teams this season so I don't see it happening for us. If anything my mind as now moved to wondering about the the team next season in the championship and how we will cope with losing the loans and our top players.
I wish I could also say I would be disappointed with not winning them but I'm not. I'm to proud of what have already achieved this season and it's been one of the most enjoyable I can remember for a long time.
Posts: 589
Threads: 5
Joined: May 2018
Reputation:
25
We’re all hurting at the moment, particularly at how we caved in the second half last night. But I really believe we can win the playoffs. The team will have a few days rest, hopefully we will get Davies back, the feel good factor doesn’t just disappear, the team doesn’t suddenly give up just because we were outplayed for 45 mins.
We should be proud of all we have achieved, get behind the team, and know we are capable of beating anyone over 2 legs.
COYR
Posts: 19,583
Threads: 615
Joined: May 2018
Reputation:
209
Location: Athens
(04-05-2022, 05:41 AM)northeastred Wrote: Was our biggest game of the season last night and we needed to turn up, we didn't, we hoofed it all night against a tall physical night, the refs was bad. But so was the tactics.. its worrying because if we fail to turn up for a big league game, how will we cope in the play offs .
It has so much riding on it... not only promotion, but keeping a load of players, but the biggest threat is loosing Coops, who will be poached in the summer if we don't go up..
Just hope we go on a 4 win game winning streak now... just hope the pressure of the play offs won't get to us like last night did
Here we go again.
Can we get rid of this type of mentality.
Cooper will leave, Johnson will leave, Worrall will leave etc etc.
It's the same every summer/transfer window.
We need positivity. We are a club going places and player's want to sign and come and play for us.
Panic on the streets of Croydon, Derby, Sheffield, Leicestershire.
Posts: 148
Threads: 4
Joined: Aug 2018
Reputation:
11
04-05-2022, 07:04 AM
(This post was last modified: 04-05-2022, 07:04 AM by TrentEnd.)
(04-05-2022, 05:37 AM)Paplane Wrote: (04-05-2022, 12:07 AM)Floridared Wrote: (03-05-2022, 11:44 PM)Madforit Wrote: (03-05-2022, 10:57 PM)Floridared Wrote: We looked tired, I’ve a horrible feeling we will bottle the play offs, it’s the Forest way.
I also have that feeling.
I was hoping it was just me ..
Me too.
The way Bournemouth prevented us playing in the 2nd was disappointing. I honestly thought we were better than that. And I thought we were better than them. Clealry not. I was also convinced we'd hold our own in the prem. I'm doubting that now too witht the way our threat was neutralised by a good side.
Me too. We looked along way short. Playoffs scare me. Our record is dreadful and in fairness, Cooper's isn't much better. Still, there is always the hope that one year it all might change!
|