11-06-2019, 01:01 PM
(This post was last modified: 11-06-2019, 01:07 PM by Strawberry Avenger.)
(11-06-2019, 11:24 AM)ozzyten10 Wrote: I’ve heard they are filling in the back of the Brian clough stand and totally gutting the Trent end concourse and remodelling the current corporate facilities formally the pitch diner so they are more accessible to every day fans.
It sounds very exciting. They're going to try and maximise every bit of 'wasted' space they can. 'Filling in the back' of the Brian Clough Stand. When I go to the City Ground I think there is 'bit' of space there and perhaps footprint hasn't been maximised or efficiently used. There's room for improvement and the developers seem to agree. ;) It was 'ok to decent' back in 1994. But now? It looked dated. It was rusty, dirty and needed a lick of paint and a good clean. That despite some outrageous money being wasted on journeyman players.
Credit the new owners. They came in and started tidying areas up and giving things a fresh lick of paint.
The 'new' ground. It was a kick ass announcement. :D They KNOW they're doing.
At one point it seemed like Forest didn't need the capacity and it might have been dismissed.
But any move to the Premier and 30k was never going to be enough.
The architectural visualisations look terrific and I like how they've kept it open so you can still 'peak' into the ground on your up. And the open areas around the ground 'concourses'(? Not a word I've used a lot...) seems less congested.
Two years, eh? Can't wait.
SA.
