03-10-2026, 06:25 PM
(02-10-2026, 10:23 AM)Reds73 Wrote: If they go to the endth degree then the High Court is the last resort.
Listening to a lawyer earlier on this, and if that route is pursued it could take 5 yrs !
They actually think they are above the law. This could well take down English football. Imagine if they win the league this season
I’m sure I heard someone mention that any sanctions have to be handed down this season.
Any appeal against the decision will be decided by January at the latest and similarly quickly if they appeal the actual punishment. Wasn’t it the same for us? I’m sure we got a quick decision so everyone knew where we were for the run in.
No idea how that fits in with any high court appeal but I would think that would be for retrospective adjustments (ie compensation) after the fact as the sporting body has to apply its rules within it’s own constitutional timescales. So, hopefully, that would mean tough titty on them.
