Nicola Sturgeon
Tree 
Is it just me who thinks that this 'lady' is seriously deluded?
I mean seriously, she thinks that the Jocks will be better off being an independent nation Huh 

Thoughts on Nicola please ladies and gentlemen.
Πιστέψτε το, θα τα καταφέρω.
She wants Scotland to be independent, but then join the EU......Am I missing something  Huh Huh Huh
My thoughts exactly GreenMan.

Newsflash Nicola, there is nothing and I mean absolutely nothing about being independent and joining the EU.
Scotland can currently only exist with hand outs from the rest of Britain. The Scottish Nationals want to be free from 'English rule' but still needs other nations to pump in billions of pounds to keep their economy afloat, hence the EU.

Apart from the oil in the North Sea, Scotland does not have any other major industries to keep the country. The ship yards are all closed, mining is all but extinct, what else does the country have to offer? I'm sure Whisky exports make some money, but not majorly, im pretty sure.

Dearest Nicola knows she will not get another Independence referendum. I was under the impression that after the last one, there was some kind of time delay before another one could be held (I may be wrong there, but it is something I am pretty certain I heard during the last referendum), so she can do all the hard talking to win votes for her party in the safe knowledge that she will not be able to deliver and can therefore put the blame on BoJo or whoever else is running the UK to continue to get the Nationalist vote by claiming the Tories/Labour/LibDems/Greens/Monster Raving Looney party (whoever is in power) are denying the Scots the chance to hold their referendum. 

If the Scottish Nationalist Party were to get a second referendum on Independence, it would open the floodgates to arguments for a second referendum on Brexit/Remain. 

I was all for remaining in the EU, but I am also a firm believer in democracy. A referendum was held, the decision to leave was made, I sadly accepted the referendum result. Nicola Sturgeon and her Nationalist mates should also do the same thing. Accept the result, suck it up and move on!!!!

I have no issues with Scotland or Scots in general and have some very good mates who are Scottish. I also spent one of the best weeks of my life in Scotland, where I was made to feel most welcome, including some very, very hard men who scared the crap out of me just looking at them, but who all gave me a big hug and handshakes when my week up there came to an end. Good people, good friends.
''My Desire is always to be here, oh City Ground''.
My view, which is based on nothing but a hunch, is that its not necessarily the case that people who vote for the snp will also vote for independence.
(08-05-2021, 07:45 PM)TheGreenMan Wrote:
(08-05-2021, 07:27 PM)Paplane Wrote: My view, which is based on nothing but a hunch, is that its not necessarily the case that people who vote for the snp will also vote for independence.

I agree Pap. In some cases it’s more of a Scottish patriotism thing, haven’t got a problem with that myself.
(08-05-2021, 08:09 PM)TheGreenMan Wrote:
(08-05-2021, 07:45 PM)TheGreenMan Wrote:
(08-05-2021, 07:27 PM)Paplane Wrote: My view, which is based on nothing but a hunch, is that its not necessarily the case that people who vote for the snp will also vote for independence.

I agree Pap. In some cases it’s more of a Scottish patriotism thing, haven’t got a problem with that myself.

No one can deny the snp have given a voice to scotland. And i think a lot of scots can see that. Id hope they could also see that being an independent country, whilst maintaing their current standard of living, is unrealistic.
Nicola failed to get a majority by ONE seat. Oh dear.
In the run up to the recent elections Sturgeon was asked who people that didn't want independence should vote for - her answer was to vote for her - she claimed her campaign this time has been run on the continuity of parliament to continue to deal with the pandemic - right up until the polls shut at which point it became all about independence again.

She has stated on numerous tv appearances that this vote was not one about independence so i would imagine there are a fair few Jocks feeling mislead at the mo.

She is a very clever politician and very slippery. I do not like her at all....
I thought we weren't allowed politics on here?

Or is it OK when more people agree with it than not?

If this thread is allowed to remain then that says to me it's fair game again. Which is it?
(09-05-2021, 11:56 AM)Sniffer Dog Wrote: Nicola failed to get a majority by ONE seat. Oh dear.

They have a system designed specifically to avoid majorities (actually way better than the UK one). So actually winning a majority would require absolutely thrashing the other parties, they got pretty close! 

I think there is a pretty clear mandate for another referendum at some point for Scotland personally. The timing of it will be key to actually winning it. I think if they held it today for example the vaccine boost would likely scupper them.
I will be miffed if i have to go through customs every time i drive down for a match.

With the greens picking up a massive 8 seats then the i think you safely say Nicola has her majority.
(10-05-2021, 01:18 PM)Sausage Roll Wrote: I thought we weren't allowed politics on here?

Or is it OK when more people agree with it than not?

If this thread is allowed to remain then that says to me it's fair game again. Which is it?

Nobody said no political threads were allowed.

There is already a thread on the EU and another one on UK politics and they have been up and running for months and months.

The problem was on on the bellend thread if you remember which got ruined with political discussion and I had to close it but it's been re open now for ages.
Yeah it's been reopened for ages because we were all told not to discuss politics!
Whatever. I have had a tough day and I have more important things to worry about right now.