All Things Cricket
Tree 
Apologies if there's already a cricket thread (I did look but couldn't find one). After England's sixth consecutive win - a shellacking of India in Chennai - I thought it was worth kicking one off.

Special mention to Joe Root who's scored two double centuries and 180 in his last three matches.
Good idea Sausage, I like my Cricket and good to now have a cricket thread.
Watching the highlights now. Even at 38 James Anderson continues to bowl magnificently. His first two wickets were both absolute snorters.
Planned to watch the last 2 sessions & hopefully the win.

Message to self: get out of your sack earlier & you might see some play.

They certainly finished them off quickly this morning.

Still believe India will win the series - hope to be proved wrong.
I think there should be more professional sport played at breakfast time. It's most agreeable watching cricket whilst having your breakfast.
I remember going to Trent Bridge a lot when I was a kid. I loved the John Player League on a Sunday. I remember many of the players.

Paul Todd, Basher Hassan, Mike Smedley, Derek Randell, Clive Rice, Gary Sobers, Mike Harris, Richard Hadlee, Bob White, Harry Latchman, Barry Stead, Bill Taylor, Peter Hacker, Phil Wilikinson, Kevin Cooper, Trevor Tunnicliffe.
Πιστέψτε το, θα τα καταφέρω.
Its good to see the test matches are now on Channel 4 and not on Sky. I too have enjoyed getting up, walking the dog, then settling down with a nice hot cuppa watching the cricket
''My Desire is always to be here, oh City Ground''.
New contract for Jake Ball.

He’s signed until the end of the 2023 season.

Ball: “I’m Nottinghamshire through and through. I want to play my whole career here and I’m delighted that I’ll be sticking around for at least another three years.”
Virat Kohli and Ben Stokes clashed during the first day of the final Test between India and England in Ahmedabad.

With the score at 32-3 after 13 overs, Kohli and Stokes were involved in a verbal altercation.

The pair were in an animated conversation, which led to umpire Nitin Menon holding his arm out between them to prevent them from getting any closer.

The verbals continued as the pair walked away, and they once again walked up to each other, with umpire Virender Sharma this time separating them.
Nottinghamshire have defeated Essex by an innings and 30 runs.
The defending champions were bowled out for 194 in their second inns, losing 7 wickets this morning for only 65. Lyndon James taking 4-51. Notts go top of Group One after 5 matches.