The Championship 2020/21
Lansbury will have to steal his living from another mug club then now.
Whilst I am not one to suggest having someone who has played for us before, does anyone think Paterson would be a good fit for CH?

There are 3 ex-Forest players in their released list, in Hunt, Lansbury and Paterson
''My Desire is always to be here, oh City Ground''.
(15-05-2021, 11:28 AM)Tricky Wrote: Whilst I am not one to suggest having someone who has played for us before, does anyone think Paterson would be a good fit for CH?

There are 3 ex-Forest players in their released list, in Hunt, Lansbury and Paterson

Cant se the point in letting Ameobi go and then signing Paterson.
(15-05-2021, 12:19 PM)Paplane Wrote:
(15-05-2021, 11:28 AM)Tricky Wrote: Whilst I am not one to suggest having someone who has played for us before, does anyone think Paterson would be a good fit for CH?

Cant se the point in letting Ameobi go and then signing Paterson.

Definite backward step. It's a no from me.
Πιστέψτε το, θα τα καταφέρω.
Play offs today then. Can't say I'm too fussed to be honest.
Anyone but Brentford.
(17-05-2021, 02:28 PM)Sausage Roll Wrote: Anyone but Brentford.

That's it. I hope they get beat tonight but have an exceptional win on xg's.
Surely we want Bournemouth to go up - a bunch of quality players, 2 more years of parachute money to come and they could raise a chunk from selling one of their valuable players if they need to.

Brentford can sell Toney (or maybe Forss) and re-invest, but what can you do? (Rhetorical question of course - recruit like they do and develop young prospects!) But better them in our division than Bournemouth.

Swansea run out of parachute payments this year so their income will go down about £16M next year, and they look to have much less valuable playing assets.

Barnsley are the obvious ones we'd like to keep in the division, mental scarring aside.

So don't we all want Bournemouth to go up?
(17-05-2021, 04:08 PM)stirred Wrote: Surely we want Bournemouth to go up - a bunch of quality players, 2 more years of parachute money to come and they could raise a chunk from selling one of their valuable players if they need to.

Brentford can sell Toney (or maybe Forss) and re-invest, but what can you do? (Rhetorical question of course - recruit like they do and develop young prospects!) But better them in our division than Bournemouth.

Swansea run out of parachute payments this year so their income will go down about £16M next year, and they look to have much less valuable playing assets.

Barnsley are the obvious ones we'd like to keep in the division, mental scarring aside.

So don't we all want Bournemouth to go up?

Yep we do. So come on you, err, robins, no that's Bristol, er Cherries. Yes, come you you Cherries. We're all Cherries now, aren't we?
Watched the Barnsley v Swansea game last night. Quality was poor, ball spent so long in the air, both teams guilty.
Good to have fans watching, even limited numbers.
(18-05-2021, 09:46 AM)optimistic_red Wrote: Watched the Barnsley v Swansea game last night. Quality was poor, ball spent so long in the air, both teams guilty.
Good to have fans watching, even limited numbers.

Agree but I think Swansea went there to win a war, which they did. I'm sure they'll try to show more quality in the home leg.

I've not seen much of Barnsley this year and I thought/assumed they were better than what they were. They showed a lot of endeavour, which is to their credit, but the quality is not really there. Their manager is a right scary type, always bawling from the side line. I can see why they've got results this season but if they get into the prem then it'll be a real shame.
Bournemouth have failed to get promoted with one of the best squads in recent Championship history, yet they'll now be paid out tens of millions in parachute payments as a reward. Meanwhile clubs in the exact same league will be punished for spending money just trying to compete. Something is wrong somewhere.
(23-05-2021, 09:06 AM)Sniffer Dog Wrote: Bournemouth have failed to get promoted with one of the best squads in recent Championship history, yet they'll now be paid out tens of millions in parachute payments as a reward. Meanwhile clubs in the exact same league will be punished for spending money just trying to compete. Something is wrong somewhere.

Totally agree Sniff. The distribution of money down the football pyramid is an absolute joke!

But, if we were to find ourselves in that position, I dont think many on here would be complaining
''My Desire is always to be here, oh City Ground''.
Chris Wilder to West Brom. I will be utterly amazed of they dont go straight back up.
(27-05-2021, 08:48 PM)Salvatore Matrecano Wrote: Chris Wilder to West Brom. I will be utterly amazed of they dont go straight back up.

And Jokanovic to Sheffield United.