The Championship 2020/21
Happy to see Cardiff and Harris in the Championship again next season.

They should have brought Albert on last night  Smile
Πιστέψτε το, θα τα καταφέρω.
(31-07-2020, 08:10 AM)Sniffer Dog Wrote: Happy to see Cardiff and Harris in the Championship again next season.

They should have brought Albert on last night  Smile

I hadn't realised what an arse Harris is until recently. Cardiff and him seem a good match.

They'll be decent next season. Tomlin was excellent again.
cardiff will need to start cutting their costs now as the parachute payment they received allowing them to keep their players drops again. Oh and because they only did one season in the premiership they are not entitled to the 3 years parachute payments they only get 2 years. So last year of getting the extra funds for them.
(30-07-2020, 11:37 AM)optimistic_red Wrote:
(30-07-2020, 11:27 AM)Sausage Roll Wrote: Kieran Dowell has moved to Norwich on a permanent transfer, and Manchester City have agreed a fee of around £41m with Bournemouth for Nathan Ake.

So that's £41m on top of their parachute payments.

Bournemouth had one of the highest wage bills in the Prem apparently, so you can expect lots more players to leave before start of next season.

I had originally thought wow that’s Bournemouth with a ton of money but just read that they apparently still owe £80M in outstanding transfer fees so think fire sale is correct.
In addition if memory serves the year they were promoted I believe they were in breach of FFP, I think around the same time as we were. They got a fine but no embargo as promoted. Whats the bet that this is conveniently forgotten about and swept under the carpet.
(31-07-2020, 11:42 AM)Salvatore Matrecano Wrote:
(30-07-2020, 11:27 AM)Sausage Roll Wrote: Kieran Dowell has moved to Norwich on a permanent transfer, and Manchester City have agreed a fee of around £41m with Bournemouth for Nathan Ake.

Bournemouth had one of the highest wage bills in the Prem apparently, so you can expect lots more players to leave before start of next season.

I had originally thought wow that’s Bournemouth with a ton of money but just read that they apparently still owe £80M in outstanding transfer fees so think fire sale is correct.
In addition if memory serves the year they were promoted I believe they were in breach of FFP, I think around the same time as we were. They got a fine but no embargo as promoted. Whats the bet that this is conveniently forgotten about and swept under the carpet.

I think they quietly negotiated & paid a settlement to the EFL, rather than were fined, so they're clear of all that rubbish.
(31-07-2020, 12:34 PM)Paplane Wrote:

I think they quietly negotiated & paid a settlement to the EFL, rather than were fined, so they're clear of all that rubbish.

its nice to see that some clubs still have some integrity, unlike others.......leicester, qpr, derby, sheff weds to name a few!
''My Desire is always to be here, oh City Ground''.
(31-07-2020, 01:12 PM)Tricky Wrote:
(31-07-2020, 12:34 PM)Paplane Wrote:

its nice to see that some clubs still have some integrity, unlike others.......leicester, qpr, derby, sheff weds to name a few!

I'd gladly us join that ugly cabal, if we were guaranteed promotion.
John Percy
@JPercyTelegraph
· 3m
Breaking news from the Championship: #swfc have been hit with a 12-point deduction for breaching EFL rules.. BUT punishment will take effect next season (decision of disciplinary panel, not EFL).
Sheffield Wednesday to start next season on -12 points due to their charge relating to the ground sale apparently. Wonder if it’ll be the same for the sheep too?
(31-07-2020, 07:04 PM)Sausage Roll Wrote: Sheffield Wednesday to start next season on -12 points due to their charge relating to the ground sale apparently. Wonder if it’ll be the same for the sheep too?

Oh! please! if there is a god i so hope he sees fit to punish the sheep fiddlers with a minimum punishment of the same, hopefully more!!!

Lets see how long 'Wayne Rooneys Derby County' will remain 'Wayne Rooneys Derby County'!
''My Desire is always to be here, oh City Ground''.
Sheff Wed was a more obvious breach, deliberately declaring the sale in the wrong year. The Sheep is a different issue but heres hoping, I still think the EFl wouldn't have charged them unless they thought there was clear wrong doing.
(31-07-2020, 07:04 PM)Sausage Roll Wrote: Sheffield Wednesday to start next season on -12 points due to their charge relating to the ground sale apparently. Wonder if it’ll be the same for the sheep too?

I know it's a different case but how come Wigan are docked points this season and Wednesday are docked points next season?

Wigan are appealing, Charlton are threatening legal action. What a shambles.
And Sheep?
Birmingham have money to spend apparently.

I can see Karanka going after Colback.
(01-08-2020, 08:47 AM)Sniffer Dog Wrote: Birmingham have money to spend apparently.

I can see Karanka going after Colback.

That is a very real possibility. Much easier daily journey from Edwalton to Brum than to Newcastle. Hope not though, would compliment our current set up perfectly in the Sow role.