UK TV Classics From Years Gone By
Tree 
With a lot of time on my hands recently I've been watching some of my old favourite UK TV shows/series.

I've watched some Only Fools And Horses Series 1.
Also some Auf Wiedersehen Pet Series 1.
Today I watched some Dave Allen.

So many old classics to choose from. 

What are some of your favourites from the past?
I don't make promises, I deliver - Evangelos Marinakis.
Anyone remember Malice Aforethought, that was from what i remember an excellent drama thriller, definately kept you in suspense as like them all you had to wait a week or so to get the next installment, 1 of many that really should of had a few more runs, though i was only 13 or 14 when it was on.

I didn't watch all of them by any means or often even the complete episodes but Play for Today i think was a long runner, i remember the Quentin Crisp episode but i think they could maybe given another airing, they seemed quite controversial.

Family at War and I Claudius, never really saw them but they seemed to run for years and years, don't think anyone i have ever met has even mentioned them, maybe gone forever.

I remember in the 70's a series called Survivors, it had me quite gripped as kid, quite timely.
In a tree by the brook, there's a songbird who sings, sometimes all of our thoughts are misgiven COYR's
I remember Survivors - and it gave me chilling memories when I thought about it a few days ago in relation to our current predicament.
COYR!
I've been watching Judge Deed on Reality TV.

I love Deeds morals. If it's illegal or immoral he will go after it. He certainly feels for the victim and does his best to make sure the victim is well compensated. That and the fact that the delicious Jenny Seagrove stars alongside Martin Shaw
Rob - A Proud Supporter of Nottingham Forest F. C. since 1973 - Red Til' Dead
(04-05-2020, 06:13 PM)ThePromisedLand Wrote: I remember Survivors - and it gave me chilling memories when I thought about it a few days ago in relation to our current predicament.

I remember Survivors too. I was totally gripped by it. It was brilliant at the time. Don't think it was ever repeated.
COYR!
One of my favourites growing up was Garisson's Gorillas. Loved it. Happy to see that they are all on youtube.
(04-06-2020, 09:01 AM)Noor 1 Crew Wrote: One of my favourites growing up was Garisson's Gorillas. Loved it. Happy to see that they are all on youtube.

Yeah, I remember that, it was ace. Telly Savalas was in it before his Kojak days.
(04-06-2020, 10:00 AM)Alf Garnett Wrote:
(04-06-2020, 09:01 AM)Noor 1 Crew Wrote: One of my favourites growing up was Garisson's Gorillas. Loved it. Happy to see that they are all on youtube.

Yeah, I remember that, it was ace. Telly Savalas was in it before his Kojak days.

Garisson's Gorillas = Classic. I might watch one or two episodes later. Thanks for bringing back that memory Noor.
Casey Jones. I used to run home from school to watch it. I can still remember the intro tune.
(04-07-2020, 11:40 AM)Derby My Arse Wrote: Casey Jones. I used to run home from school to watch it. I can still remember the intro tune.

Casey Jones, steamin and a rollin. Casey Jones da da da da da da (dont know that bit) when you hear the tootin of the whistle, its Casey at the throttle of the Cannonball express  Blush
I think the missing words are 'steaming down the track'  Cool
(04-07-2020, 02:45 PM)Sniffer Dog Wrote: I think the missing words are 'steaming down the track'  Cool

At least I'm not the only saddo on ere lol.

Cheers Sniff  Big Grin
(04-07-2020, 02:43 PM)Tricky Wrote:
(04-07-2020, 11:40 AM)Derby My Arse Wrote: Casey Jones. I used to run home from school to watch it. I can still remember the intro tune.

Casey Jones, steamin and a rollin. Casey Jones da da da da da da (dont know that bit) when you hear the tootin of the whistle, its Casey at the throttle of the Cannonball express  Blush

I was going to mention Casey Jones as part of the classic kiddies programmes, i loved Norman Wisdom, i think his best film and would love to watch it again is On The Beat, particularly as he plays 2 parts and Italian Mafiosa type Hairdresser is brilliant.

Thunderbirds and Land of the Giants i also loved, mainly because we were about the last house to get colour telly to watching at my friends on a big colour telly was quite amazing, L of the G's S1 Ep1 is on youtube, probably more

Guess i was about 12 when i saw the original version of The Fly ... 'help me please help me'  i think that film and that clip haunted me for many years
In a tree by the brook, there's a songbird who sings, sometimes all of our thoughts are misgiven COYR's
Thunderbirds used to be on Sunday lunchtime followed by Star Soccer if I remember rightly.
(04-07-2020, 10:34 PM)Redgirl Wrote: Thunderbirds used to be on Sunday lunchtime followed by Star Soccer if I remember rightly.

Yeah, Star Soccer with Hugh Johns. What a legend.
COYR!