Finances And The League Suspension
Tree 
Just read this on todays Nottingham Post webpage...........

https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport/foo...st-3973280

Firstly, it is alarming that the club will swallow up the £800,000 they could get from the league in just 14 days!

Secondly, what do you think will happen regarding FFP for this season? Surely the league cannot continue to operate it after the uncertainty this seasons suspension will bring to many clubs.

Thirdly, do you think part of the TV package will be reclaimed by Sky/BBC due to them not showing any matches and as a result, in Sky's case anyway, have lost an awful lot of customers who have either cancelled or temporarily suspended their Sky Sports accounts? This could have serious repercussions on clubs finances also.

I just thought this would make for an interesting discussion/debate amongst you all..................
Rob - A Proud Supporter of Nottingham Forest F. C. since 1973 - Red Til' Dead
I hope / believe that - under Mr Marinakis & with the progress made over the last couple of years - we are in a better position than most.
COYR!
It's a mess ...simple as that, not just for football but for every aspect of normal life. Will not be surprised of most of the contracts and agreements are re negotiated, and The new stand to be postponed indefinitely...
Been thinking what to write but I can't see beyond our owner getting well again and getting rid of this virus.
Sky are unlikely to demand their money back as it would harm their future business with football. Would imagine they'd agree a settlement of some sort.

Agreed on FFP theyll definitely relax the rules to allow owners to stop clubs from going under
Is any one of you guys having problems trying to pause your Sky Sports package? They have it set up on line but you are unable to progress via a message, so you try to message direct via your personal account and get the same screen message, this has been going on for about a week now!!!!!!
There is a Sky Sports thread in The Ale House.
(03-23-2020, 11:04 AM)wassy04 Wrote: Sky are unlikely to demand their money back as it would harm their future business with football. Would imagine they'd agree a settlement of some sort.

Agreed on FFP theyll definitely relax the rules to allow owners to stop clubs from going under

No doubt big changes are coming. What they will be exactly we will have to wait and see.
(03-23-2020, 09:45 AM)Boatsy Wrote: Been thinking what to write but I can't see beyond our owner getting well again and getting rid of this virus.

Me too. It even seems inappropriate even to talk about football but we are a football forum at the end of the day and at least trying to keep a sense of normality is surely not a bad thing. It goes without saying of course that all of our priorities are elsewhere right now.
I don't make promises, I deliver - Evangelos Marinakis.
(03-23-2020, 09:45 AM)Boatsy Wrote: Been thinking what to write but I can't see beyond our owner getting well again and getting rid of this virus.

You know, it's only just dawned on me that Mr M might could potentially be high risk with the virus. He's not the fittest human being on the planet after all. Hope he get's well soon. Fingers crossed.
(03-22-2020, 11:29 PM)ThePromisedLand Wrote: I hope / believe that - under Mr Marinakis & with the progress made over the last couple of years - we are in a better position than most.

Hope so TPL and I would also expect that to be the case.
Hearing the first mumblings of a complete suspension of all the leagues.
(03-28-2020, 11:25 AM)Derby My Arse Wrote: Hearing the first mumblings of a complete suspension of all the leagues.

Aren't the PL, EFL and the Women's Leagues supposed to me having a meeting (video conference) next week?
Rob - A Proud Supporter of Nottingham Forest F. C. since 1973 - Red Til' Dead
I think its the only viable solution especially if your a Leeds/Liverpool fan.
(03-28-2020, 11:25 AM)Derby My Arse Wrote: Hearing the first mumblings of a complete suspension of all the leagues.

Got to surely. Even after the virus peaks it will take weeks for it to drop down to zero and then ater that there needs to be more weeks of extreme caution. Just void all leagues now.