If You Could Turn Back Time
Tree 
Given the horrendous time we are living in what era would you live in if you could turn back time..

Mine would be to be young in the sixties The music was great, the football was great the grounds were packed and not forgetting we won the World Cup, no social media, no internet no computers and mass employment. The working class were proud to be working class. 

Britain led the world in fashion, music and the film industry. What an era. 

What era would everyone else would’ve liked to have been in? ( Barring the golden years which are obvious)
The sixties were great!
COYR!
(03-17-2020, 10:44 PM)Redgirl Wrote: Given the horrendous time we are living in what era would you live in if you could turn back time..

Mine would be to be young in the sixties The music was great, the football was great the grounds were packed and not forgetting we won the World Cup, no social media, no internet no computers and mass employment. The working class were proud to be working class. 

What era would everyone else would’ve liked to have been in? ( Barring the golden years which are obvious)

I was only very young in the mid sixties, but have a bond after being an 80's mod.

However, I wouldn't change a thing from my teen years during the 70's.

Northern soul at the beginning of it and punk rock towards the end.

Plus of course the glory years. Going into the Haven for a couple of quick pints with my mates before catching the bus from Basford right through to Trent Bridge (No. 43). Making our way to the old Trent End then pushing our way through the crowd to our usual spot, just right of the goal and more or less halfway down and standing in front of the crush barrier. The singing, the swaying, the going absolutely barmy when we scored. The sensation of being carried along by the crowd jumping up and down while my feet weren't on the ground. 

The Roxy Thread flared jeans at half mast with my Major Domo 11 hole ox blood boots on. My silk scarf tied around my wrist and my woollen one around the neck, tied like a crevat. Long centre parted hair style (curtains). Style.

Into town on a Friday night for the usual pub crawl. Tavern in the Town, Yatesys, The Bell, The Olde Malthouse, The Britannia, The Sal, The Royal Children, Dog and Bear, Queen Elizabeth, The Fountain.............all before the 10.30 last orders, then on to the Palais or Zivagos, The Bediga. 

I would love to have been older during the sixties, but I am so glad I grew up in the 70's.

My age as given me so much music to enjoy.............60's pop, the mod classics, the Who, Faces, Small Faces, to a lesser extent, the Stones, on to Motown and Northern Soul, Rock and Heavy Metal, Punk Rock, 80's Mods, Ska and Two Tone, and on to the New Romantics.

Todays kids dont know they are born, just sat on their arses on their computers or smart phones. In my day, we were outside, rain, snow or shine with my mates. Always with my mates. We were like family. Had each others backs. Supported each other, never grassed each other up. We argued amongst ourselves, we fought amongst ourselves, we stood up to each other and we stood up for each other.
Rob - A Proud Supporter of Nottingham Forest F. C. since 1973 - Red Til' Dead
1995/96 would be great BritPop, NFFC in Europe, Euro ‘96.
(03-17-2020, 11:14 PM)Tricky Wrote:
(03-17-2020, 10:44 PM)Redgirl Wrote: Given the horrendous time we are living in what era would you live in if you could turn back time..

I was only very young in the mid sixties, but have a bond after being an 80's mod.

However, I wouldn't change a thing from my teen years during the 70's.

Northern soul at the beginning of it and punk rock towards the end.

Plus of course the glory years. Going into the Haven for a couple of quick pints with my mates before catching the bus from Basford right through to Trent Bridge (No. 43). Making our way to the old Trent End then pushing our way through the crowd to our usual spot, just right of the goal and more or less halfway down and standing in front of the crush barrier. The singing, the swaying, the going absolutely barmy when we scored. The sensation of being carried along by the crowd jumping up and down while my feet weren't on the ground. 

The Roxy Thread flared jeans at half mast with my Major Domo 11 hole ox blood boots on. My silk scarf tied around my wrist and my woollen one around the neck, tied like a crevat. Long centre parted hair style (curtains). Style.

Into town on a Friday night for the usual pub crawl. Tavern in the Town, Yatesys, The Bell, The Olde Malthouse, The Britannia, The Sal, The Royal Children, Dog and Bear, Queen Elizabeth, The Fountain.............all before the 10.30 last orders, then on to the Palais or Zivagos, The Bediga. 

I would love to have been older during the sixties, but I am so glad I grew up in the 70's.

My age as given me so much music to enjoy.............60's pop, the mod classics, the Who, Faces, Small Faces, to a lesser extent, the Stones, on to Motown and Northern Soul, Rock and Heavy Metal, Punk Rock, 80's Mods, Ska and Two Tone, and on to the New Romantics.

Todays kids dont know they are born, just sat on their arses on their computers or smart phones. In my day, we were outside, rain, snow or shine with my mates. Always with my mates. We were like family. Had each others backs. Supported each other, never grassed each other up. We argued amongst ourselves, we fought amongst ourselves, we stood up to each other and we stood up for each other.

I would say wouldn’t I Tricky but the ‘soul / Motown’ scene pre Northern Soul was fantastic.
Twisted Wheel ( Manchester ) all nighter every Saturday.
then on to
Top Twenty ( Oldham )
and complete the weekend with
Broken Wheel ( Retford )

Barathea blazers, mohair suits
Ben Sherman shirts
Brut after shave

great days...
COYR!
For me it would have to be 1980 - 1985.
I don't make promises, I deliver - Evangelos Marinakis.
Did you really have a Mohair Suit TPL?  Dodgy
(03-18-2020, 10:01 AM)Sniffer Dog Wrote: Did you really have a Mohair Suit TPL?  Dodgy

And a barathea blazer complete with my initials on the breast pocket.
The dogs bollocks  Tongue
COYR!
Late 70's for me. Great time both music and football wise.
(03-18-2020, 10:57 AM)ThePromisedLand Wrote:
(03-18-2020, 10:01 AM)Sniffer Dog Wrote: Did you really have a Mohair Suit TPL?  Dodgy

And a barathea blazer complete with my initials on the breast pocket.
The dogs bollocks  Tongue

Good grief!
It would choose the 1980's. Had an absolute blast most of the time.
I was born in 1977 so I would say that the 1990's when I was a little rascal.