Transfer Window Back To September
#1
Tree 
I'm disappointed to see that the transfer window is going back to close at the end September.
I realize that not having the Europeans clubs aligned was highly problematic but I did enjoy being able to start the season with a settled squad.
I'm pretty sure the EFL will follow suit very quickly, we can't have players leaving that cannot be replaced.
Reply
#2
You decided to have another go McDurban  :)
Panic on the streets of Croydon, Derby, Sheffield, Leicestershire.
Reply
#3
The problem is you couldn’t start season with settled squad. Firstly we play 1 week before the window shuts and then you have all month thinking any European club could unsettle your players and get them and the club not able to replace.

Makes sense. In fact I’d go back to the old days of not having windows. All that has done is drive up price of players and bigger agent fees.
Everyone is entitled to my opinion - COYR  :)
Reply
#4
It could be very good for us if we get promoted via the playoffs as that team ultimately has the least time to react to their situation for the following season compared to the teams automatically promoted knowing their fate some five weeks before.

It might seem like a small period of difference but an extra month added to the window could be very beneficial, especially with the Euros going on when a number of players that Premier League teams will be looking at are away with the countries for a month or so.
Reply
#5
(06-02-2020, 02:45 PM)McDurban Wrote: I'm disappointed to see that the transfer window is going back to close at the end September.
I realize that not having the Europeans clubs aligned was highly problematic but I did enjoy being able to start the season with a settled squad.
I'm pretty sure the EFL will follow suit very quickly, we can't have players leaving that cannot be replaced.

Are you sure you have that right mate?

I think it will close on 1st September not the end of September. 

At the moment it's only for The PL.
Panic on the streets of Croydon, Derby, Sheffield, Leicestershire.
Reply
#6
Premier League clubs have voted to change the summer transfer window to bring it in line with the rest of Europe.

For the past two seasons, the window in England has closed the day before the top-flight campaign began.

In a statement, the Premier League said the deadline has been changed to the "traditional point at the end of August/early September".

The 2020 closing date will be 1 September at 17:00 BST.
Panic on the streets of Croydon, Derby, Sheffield, Leicestershire.
Reply
#7
No mention of EFL though.
Reply
#8
I imagine it'll follow suit.

Makes me laugh - the managers will be moaning that they won't know their squads until a few games into the season. Again.
Reply
#9
(06-02-2020, 02:47 PM)Sniffer Dog Wrote: You decided to have another go McDurban  :)

Oh yeah! When I get knocked down I get up again.  :D
Reply
#10
(06-02-2020, 02:55 PM)Sniffer Dog Wrote:
(06-02-2020, 02:45 PM)McDurban Wrote: I'm disappointed to see that the transfer window is going back to close at the end September.
I realize that not having the Europeans clubs aligned was highly problematic but I did enjoy being able to start the season with a settled squad.
I'm pretty sure the EFL will follow suit very quickly, we can't have players leaving that cannot be replaced.

Are you sure you have that right mate?

I think it will close on 1st September not the end of September. 

At the moment it's only for The PL.

I was in a hurry.  ;)
Reply
#11
I always liked it being open a few weeks into the season. Plenty of time for the club to realise they forgot to sign any strikers, for the fans to get buyers remorse over the new winger that had once been described as the new Figo, for your only decent player to be sold to your rivals for the price of a pint and for the excitement of those final day panic buys.

Love it
Reply
#12
So just to clear this up...

At this moment in time it's for the PL only. So IF we should get to the PL the summer transfer window will close on 1st September at 5pm. Before it used to close on the day before the new season began.

So if for example the new PL season starts in the middle of August then the transfer window will be open for two weeks more than what it used to be.
COYR!
Reply


Forum Jump: