08-02-2019, 09:51 AM
(08-02-2019, 01:59 AM)PsychoStanleyStone Wrote: You Ask Martin Where To Begin?
Great pic, do you know the year?
|
Is Promotion Still Possible?
|
|
08-02-2019, 09:51 AM
(08-02-2019, 01:59 AM)PsychoStanleyStone Wrote: You Ask Martin Where To Begin? Great pic, do you know the year?
08-02-2019, 10:09 AM
(07-02-2019, 08:37 PM)ThePromisedLand Wrote: I predicted 8th at the start of the season - would accept that at the moment. I think that at the start of the season ALL of us would have been happy with 8th (it's progress). However, it's amazing how once the season gets up and running everyone is disappointed if we are not in the play offs.
Panic on the streets of Croydon, Derby, Sheffield, Leicestershire.
08-02-2019, 10:40 AM
(08-02-2019, 10:09 AM)Sniffer Dog Wrote:(07-02-2019, 08:37 PM)ThePromisedLand Wrote: I predicted 8th at the start of the season - would accept that at the moment. I guess that’s my point Sniff. Fans were not happy with 8th & they’re still not happy! They demand instant success these days. They’re not prepared to take gradual progression. That’s just the world we live in.
08-02-2019, 10:42 AM
(08-02-2019, 10:40 AM)ThePromisedLand Wrote:(08-02-2019, 10:09 AM)Sniffer Dog Wrote:(07-02-2019, 08:37 PM)ThePromisedLand Wrote: I predicted 8th at the start of the season - would accept that at the moment. I think fans are way more prepared for gradual progression than the owner is.
08-02-2019, 12:19 PM
(This post was last modified: 13-02-2019, 12:28 PM by Sniffer Dog (Admin).)
(08-02-2019, 09:51 AM)optimistic_red Wrote:(08-02-2019, 01:59 AM)PsychoStanleyStone Wrote: You Ask Martin Where To Begin? just discovered the pic was taken in June 1933 : ) i just stumbled across that pic on pinterest, the site is predominantly just random pics, I will try to find a couple of the other pics (amongst hundreds) seem to be taken the same day that pic really captured me, a very good quality panorama and good clarity. sorry for going slightly off topic :blush:
08-02-2019, 01:46 PM
(08-02-2019, 10:42 AM)PsychoStooge Wrote: I think fans are way more prepared for gradual progression than the owner is. Given the lack of time given to the new manager by some fans (at other locations I've seen a few people actually go as far as to say they want us to lose, hoping it would lead to his sacking), I'm not actually sure that's true, in some cases perhaps, but in other cases some fans give less time & support than our owners, past or present. There are some places I wouldn't even dream of signing up to post because they are a sea of impatient negativity, anti-the new manager, anti-Forests new owners, anti-anything they can moan about (I've seen a Joe Worrall thread where some have been bitching about him for a couple of years now, because he's not Sergio Ramos yet). Some are constantly complaining about nobody getting time, but unwilling to give either time or support themselves.
08-02-2019, 02:20 PM
(08-02-2019, 01:46 PM)NG3 Wrote:Some people's negativity is draining, I bet all clubs have this and the age of the internet etc means it easily spreads.(08-02-2019, 10:42 AM)PsychoStooge Wrote: I think fans are way more prepared for gradual progression than the owner is. My name is as much a reminder to myself not to post negative sh*t.
08-02-2019, 02:34 PM
(This post was last modified: 08-02-2019, 02:46 PM by PsychoStanleyStone.)
(08-02-2019, 01:46 PM)NG3 Wrote:(08-02-2019, 10:42 AM)PsychoStooge Wrote: I think fans are way more prepared for gradual progression than the owner is. My view this time last season was for AK to go asap, the Ipswich game at home last season, where the form had hit the absolute depths of mediocrity, we were losing 1.0 in the 89th minute … I genuinely believed he would of then and I do believe it was the right thing … but guess what … we won 2.1 Being selfish, I wanted someone I liked and believed in and who would have had the entire summer Whoever it is, I hate sackings in January, and I had started to like AK's dour, sour, deadpan disposition, I think he was dedicated but there was a slightly loose screw Back on topic, I am optimistic there could be a distinct upturn in fortunes, maybe meteoric, it is about conviction and never say die, I think this squad has enough to get to the … ''galvanised to have complete belief that they will not get beaten mentality'' … a bit of luck, a few players back, 1 or 2 out of this world performances, maybe the catalysts are all clicking in now I can't really comprehend 'gradual' , even winning 1 and losing 1 is good enough over a season, anything less is mediocrity, slightly better, like win 2, lose 1 is meteoric ie play offs, but it never seems gradual, even predicting say 12th in the league will usually involve that team being as high as 5th and as low as 17th, a team is either on the up or … like we are at present in a slump … but we aren't knocked out or languishing on the ropes, we are getting stronger every day, there should be more positives than negatives, as in distinct turn around in form, all I can really conclude for sure is that the turning point hasn't been reached as yet
I still think there’s a place for constructive negativity though. Got to be careful that any criticism falls under the too negative umbrella. Whereas there’s room for both criticism and patience.
For example, I don’t agree with carvalho not being selected and I think this is a mistake. However I won’t be calling for him to be sacked if it continues!
08-02-2019, 02:57 PM
Perhaps with a bit of luck tomorrow and we get the win we could be a lot closer to some of the teams above us. I mean some have to drop points one way or another
Tonight Villa (9) v Sheff utd (3) Saturday Leeds (2) v Midds (5) Bristol (6) v Blackburn (11) Derby (7) v Hull (10) QPR (14) v Brum (8) Stoke (15) v WBA (4)
09-02-2019, 11:16 PM
I remain in the ‘close this thread’ camp.
I remain happy to be proven wrong though... |
|
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
|