Stevie Cooper
I just hope the club think this one through. I'd personally hold out till the summer and if Coach and owner want to part ways try and get Rodgers in when we go down.
Reply
(11-04-2023, 08:11 AM)Jacksbadhobbits Wrote: It does look like Cooper is a dead man walking. Like most Forest supporters I am a big fan of his and can’t see us getting anybody better, especially short term. I also think he would be our best bet in the championship next season but there is no doubt he has failed this season. With the investment we should have had enough to avoid relegation. Away from home we have been completely uncompetitive. He should have worked out a way to improve that form but we are no more competitive now than we were at the start of the season. Teams around us have also been equally rubbish. I think we should have had enough to get above Leeds Southampton Leicester Everton and Bournemouth.

Does sound like we're casting our net out with multiple managers to see if any bite.. but our offer for Jorge could of been before the statement. Who knows. Time will tell I guess. Just need to focus on United and not get destroyed too much
Reply
(11-04-2023, 08:32 AM)nffc93 Wrote: I just hope the club think this one through. I'd personally hold out till the summer and if Coach and owner want to part ways try and get Rodgers in when we go down.

Rodgers was on 10m a year at Leicester, not sure we will be paying that type of salary in the championship.
Reply
(11-04-2023, 08:36 AM)Marinakis Red Wrote:
(11-04-2023, 08:32 AM)nffc93 Wrote: I just hope the club think this one through. I'd personally hold out till the summer and if Coach and owner want to part ways try and get Rodgers in when we go down.

Rodgers was on 10m a year at Leicester, not sure we will be paying that type of salary in the championship.

I appreciate that but is he still in a position to be commanding such a salary?
Reply
(11-04-2023, 08:14 AM)wassy04 Wrote:
(11-04-2023, 08:11 AM)Jacksbadhobbits Wrote: It does look like Cooper is a dead man walking. Like most Forest supporters I am a big fan of his and can’t see us getting anybody better, especially short term. I also think he would be our best bet in the championship next season but there is no doubt he has failed this season. With the investment we should have had enough to avoid relegation. Away from home we have been completely uncompetitive. He should have worked out a way to improve that form but we are no more competitive now than we were at the start of the season. Teams around us have also been equally rubbish. I think we should have had enough to get above Leeds Southampton Leicester Everton and Bournemouth.

You mean the investment that was pretty much the same as every other club down there? Despite those teams all having a few top players to begin with and all the injuries.

I think we were the fourth or fifth highest spenders in Europe over the two windows. That level of investment should have made us more competitive away from home and able to finish at least fourth from bottom.
Reply
(11-04-2023, 08:40 AM)Jacksbadhobbits Wrote:
(11-04-2023, 08:14 AM)wassy04 Wrote:
(11-04-2023, 08:11 AM)Jacksbadhobbits Wrote: It does look like Cooper is a dead man walking. Like most Forest supporters I am a big fan of his and can’t see us getting anybody better, especially short term. I also think he would be our best bet in the championship next season but there is no doubt he has failed this season. With the investment we should have had enough to avoid relegation. Away from home we have been completely uncompetitive. He should have worked out a way to improve that form but we are no more competitive now than we were at the start of the season. Teams around us have also been equally rubbish. I think we should have had enough to get above Leeds Southampton Leicester Everton and Bournemouth.

You mean the investment that was pretty much the same as every other club down there? Despite those teams all having a few top players to begin with and all the injuries.

I think we were the fourth or fifth highest spenders in Europe over the two windows. That level of investment should have made us more competitive away from home and able to finish at least fourth from bottom.

Yes but that averages out across 30 odd players as opposed to 5 or 6 really good players. All the other sides have had years of spending not just two windows to get to where they are. Who are all these teams we should be finishing ahead of easily then?
Reply
(11-04-2023, 08:39 AM)nffc93 Wrote:
(11-04-2023, 08:36 AM)Marinakis Red Wrote:
(11-04-2023, 08:32 AM)nffc93 Wrote: I just hope the club think this one through. I'd personally hold out till the summer and if Coach and owner want to part ways try and get Rodgers in when we go down.

Rodgers was on 10m a year at Leicester, not sure we will be paying that type of salary in the championship.

I appreciate that but is he still in a position to be commanding such a salary?

Considering that both spurs and Chelsea are considering appointing him I'd say he would be out of reach for any championship side.
Reply
(11-04-2023, 09:03 AM)Marinakis Red Wrote:
(11-04-2023, 08:39 AM)nffc93 Wrote:
(11-04-2023, 08:36 AM)Marinakis Red Wrote:
(11-04-2023, 08:32 AM)nffc93 Wrote: I just hope the club think this one through. I'd personally hold out till the summer and if Coach and owner want to part ways try and get Rodgers in when we go down.

Rodgers was on 10m a year at Leicester, not sure we will be paying that type of salary in the championship.

I appreciate that but is he still in a position to be commanding such a salary?

Considering that both spurs and Chelsea are considering appointing him I'd say he would be out of reach for any championship side.

He ain't going either of those two clubs. His stock is no where near that high these days.

But you may be right with the Championship comment.
Reply
Giraldi getting sacked and not cooper
Everyone is entitled to my opinion - COYR  :)
Reply
Cooper has previously talked about how much he respects Giraldi and how he talks to him every day. Wonder what he’s thinking now.
Reply
(11-04-2023, 05:54 PM)RyanR Wrote: Cooper has previously talked about how much he respects Giraldi and how he talks to him every day. Wonder what he’s thinking now.

Thats the conpany line though. Its only the likes of Billy Davies who slags other club employees off.
Reply
Could be taken one of 2 ways - eroding Cooper allies forcing him more into isolation and potentially stepping down or a positive in that it backs Coops and allows him to do it his way with no interference and / or distractions for the last 8.
Reply


Forum Jump: