Tottenham - Nottingham Forest
We looked so much better when Dennis was wide left as we stretched them for the first time and gave Brennan a bit more room.
There’s a player in there somewhere, but my lord he’s frustrating!
Why oh why does he try to side step to the right all the time? He gets picked off every time then looks stupid when he dives to try and con a foul for a non existent body check.

Maybe just maybe he needs to play on the right?

I’ll be careful what I wish for because if Brennan has a groin problem then he might just be our only option there.

I can see a front 3 of Dennis MGW and surridge against the toon.
Not quite as scary as Kane son and richarlison….
Reply
(11-03-2023, 07:30 PM)DR Forest Wrote: We looked so much better when Dennis was wide left as we stretched them for the first time and gave Brennan a bit more room.
There’s a player in there somewhere, but my lord he’s frustrating!
Why oh why does he try to side step to the right all the time? He gets picked off every time then looks stupid when he dives to try and con a foul for a non existent body check.

Maybe just maybe he needs to play on the right?

I’ll be careful what I wish for because if Brennan has a groin problem then he might just be our only option there.

I can see a front 3 of Dennis MGW and surridge against the toon.
Not quite as scary as Kane son and richarlison….

I dont know I'm pretty scared by that prospect!
Reply
By the way, if McKenna Niakhate kouyate yates and Taiwo are all back after the international break AND stay fit, then I can’t see worral or Lingard getting anywhere near the bench this season.
Reply
Lol wassy
Reply
(11-03-2023, 07:33 PM)DR Forest Wrote: By the way, if McKenna Niakhate kouyate yates and Taiwo are all back after the international break AND stay fit, then I can’t see worral or Lingard getting anywhere near the bench this season.

Worrall needs dropping again for sure atm. Hes not the same player without Boly next to him. Maybe Niakhate will nudge him out on Friday?
Reply
Feel sorry for Lingard - I think that’s him done
Reply
Took a deep breath before coming on here to read comments. Firstly kudos to Wassy and to some extent Pap for taking a realistic view of things. Hope Sniff doesn't ban me or anything but I have to say the next thing.

Yes we were awful today, probably a 2/10 mostly for our 2nd half efforts, but our supporters were fantastic again-at least those who got tickets were -plus Wassy and Pap (plus I'm sure a few others who kept there counsel).. Some of the absolute b0110x and ridiculous expectations of some "fans" in our 1st season up here, with a string of injuries and lack of alternatives is fuck1ng infuriating. Turning off at HT (glad 3k didn't just f@ck off at HT), criticism of certain players who did give us a spark 2nd half - yes crap pen, but Ayew was decent.  I've seen people crying out for Mangala to start in a more attacking midfield....How did that go? MGW for England? (I love him btw) his worst game in a red shirt so far- it happens. "Should have played this formation or that formation.." total shite. One person says we should have played 433..we f@cking were trying too.

I have got to the stage that I can read some comments and know who wrote it before looking who the author is. Standard abuse for Worrall (who the f@(k else should play there? Or do you advocate a new formation that works on some bullsh1t computer game with Felipe on his own?)  The Jonno critics have turned a 180, we are now fu(ked if he's injured instead of drop him to the bench. 

Someone last season identified that comments were alot more numerous when we lose - which, surprise surprise we are doing much more of this season, especially away.

I am a supporter, not a happy clapper or fan and I get angry and annoyed at times, but this season Cooper and the boys have my unconditional support in the hope we finish 17th or above. In a difficult period or "moment" they need that more than ever.  I just hope Joe or Jesse and Co don't read any forums.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, I get that, but if we ate to stay up  every player in a red shirt needs as much support and positivity as possible. Not all this "Championship standard at best" stuff, when we get rinsed by a top 4 team.

That's my opinion and I don't need a fu(King tin hat for saying so. Get behind the boys, they and Cooper are trying to mow a lawn with a pair of scissors.

Positives
- we scored away
- Incredible away support

Negatives
- Lots of other stuff.
Reply
Negatives

Some of our fans. In block 117 where I was there were groups of embarrassing tossers mouthing off at all and sundry, stand up arguments and threats plus I saw fans fighting each other on the way out of the stadium at the end of the game.

FFS we are all there to support the same team. Like Zico said we need to stick together now more than ever. My piss is boiling thinking of what I witnessed today.
Reply
(11-03-2023, 10:56 PM)zicorice Wrote: Took a deep breath before coming on here to read comments. Firstly kudos to Wassy and to some extent Pap for taking a realistic view of things. Hope Sniff doesn't ban me or anything but I have to say the next thing.

Yes we were awful today, probably a 2/10 mostly for our 2nd half efforts, but our supporters were fantastic again-at least those who got tickets were -plus Wassy and Pap (plus I'm sure a few others who kept there counsel).. Some of the absolute b0110x and ridiculous expectations of some "fans" in our 1st season up here, with a string of injuries and lack of alternatives is fuck1ng infuriating. Turning off at HT (glad 3k didn't just f@ck off at HT), criticism of certain players who did give us a spark 2nd half - yes crap pen, but Ayew was decent.  I've seen people crying out for Mangala to start in a more attacking midfield....How did that go? MGW for England? (I love him btw) his worst game in a red shirt so far- it happens. "Should have played this formation or that formation.." total shite. One person says we should have played 433..we f@cking were trying too.

I have got to the stage that I can read some comments and know who wrote it before looking who the author is. Standard abuse for Worrall (who the f@(k else should play there? Or do you advocate a new formation that works on some bullsh1t computer game with Felipe on his own?)  The Jonno critics have turned a 180, we are now fu(ked if he's injured instead of drop him to the bench. 

Someone last season identified that comments were alot more numerous when we lose - which, surprise surprise we are doing much more of this season, especially away.

I am a supporter, not a happy clapper or fan and I get angry and annoyed at times, but this season Cooper and the boys have my unconditional support in the hope we finish 17th or above. In a difficult period or "moment" they need that more than ever.  I just hope Joe or Jesse and Co don't read any forums.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, I get that, but if we ate to stay up  every player in a red shirt needs as much support and positivity as possible. Not all this "Championship standard at best" stuff, when we get rinsed by a top 4 team.

That's my opinion and I don't need a fu(King tin hat for saying so. Get behind the boys, they and Cooper are trying to mow a lawn with a pair of scissors.

Positives
- we scored away
- Incredible away support

Negatives
- Lots of other stuff.

For a start Zico well done for supporting the team away, its been a thankless task this year and we could hear Forest fans though out the game. Yes the fans do need to stick together and I think we. Have do e in the stadium home and away.

However, this is a football discussion forum. What do you want us to discuss when we witness that sort of thing?
I try to say things as I see them. I find the selection of Ayew baffling but accept apart from the penalty he played his part well, he did so vs Everton last week too. He remains a limited player though.

Accept it’s annoying when some people have clearly made their mind up that player x is shit before he kicks a ball. Worrall the biggest scapegoat but its hard to defend him when he makes a half hearted attempt for the first goal and gives away a pen for the 2nd. In mitigation he made a brilliant clearance just before the 3rd goal only his teammates missed the opportunity to complete the job. Then he scores a consolation so I think he did as well as anyone on the day.
Jesse? I want to give the guy a chance but tell me something good he did?

But yeah there are a lot more comments on here when we lose that much is true.
Reply
(11-03-2023, 11:47 PM)Salvatore Matrecano Wrote:
(11-03-2023, 10:56 PM)zicorice Wrote: Took a deep breath before coming on here to read comments. Firstly kudos to Wassy and to some extent Pap for taking a realistic view of things. Hope Sniff doesn't ban me or anything but I have to say the next thing.

Yes we were awful today, probably a 2/10 mostly for our 2nd half efforts, but our supporters were fantastic again-at least those who got tickets were -plus Wassy and Pap (plus I'm sure a few others who kept there counsel).. Some of the absolute b0110x and ridiculous expectations of some "fans" in our 1st season up here, with a string of injuries and lack of alternatives is fuck1ng infuriating. Turning off at HT (glad 3k didn't just f@ck off at HT), criticism of certain players who did give us a spark 2nd half - yes crap pen, but Ayew was decent.  I've seen people crying out for Mangala to start in a more attacking midfield....How did that go? MGW for England? (I love him btw) his worst game in a red shirt so far- it happens. "Should have played this formation or that formation.." total shite. One person says we should have played 433..we f@cking were trying too.

I have got to the stage that I can read some comments and know who wrote it before looking who the author is. Standard abuse for Worrall (who the f@(k else should play there? Or do you advocate a new formation that works on some bullsh1t computer game with Felipe on his own?)  The Jonno critics have turned a 180, we are now fu(ked if he's injured instead of drop him to the bench. 

Someone last season identified that comments were alot more numerous when we lose - which, surprise surprise we are doing much more of this season, especially away.

I am a supporter, not a happy clapper or fan and I get angry and annoyed at times, but this season Cooper and the boys have my unconditional support in the hope we finish 17th or above. In a difficult period or "moment" they need that more than ever.  I just hope Joe or Jesse and Co don't read any forums.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, I get that, but if we ate to stay up  every player in a red shirt needs as much support and positivity as possible. Not all this "Championship standard at best" stuff, when we get rinsed by a top 4 team.

That's my opinion and I don't need a fu(King tin hat for saying so. Get behind the boys, they and Cooper are trying to mow a lawn with a pair of scissors.

Positives
- we scored away
- Incredible away support

Negatives
- Lots of other stuff.

For a start Zico well done for supporting the team away, its been a thankless task this year and we could hear Forest fans though out the game. Yes the fans do need to stick together and I think we. Have do e in the stadium home and away.

However, this is a football discussion forum. What do you want us to discuss when we witness that sort of thing?
I try to say things as I see them. I find the selection of Ayew baffling but accept apart from the penalty he played his part well, he did so vs Everton last week too. He remains a limited player though.

Accept it’s annoying when some people have clearly made their mind up that player x is S**t before he kicks a ball. Worrall the biggest scapegoat but its hard to defend him when he makes a half hearted attempt for the first goal and gives away a pen for the 2nd. In mitigation he made a brilliant clearance just before the 3rd goal only his teammates missed the opportunity to complete the job. Then he scores a consolation so I think he did as well as anyone on the day.
Jesse? I want to give the guy a chance but tell me something good he did?

But yeah there are a lot more comments on here when we lose that much is true.

It's the tone of some comments. Football discussion is fine, words are powerful. Worrall should have done better with 2nd goal, is a bit different- at this point when we don't have other alternatives- to Championship player etc...

Heard it all with Yates - except he was league 1 at best the online experts kept saying. I think constructive debate is one thing but the unrealistic expectations followed by over the top melt downs following a defeat to a top 4 team away is daft.

I like this forum and hope that "balance" is found again. We are as expected in a Dog fight. I try to be balanced, positive and negative. But anything I say in a public forum, I say as if the people I am talking about would be reading...(Jonno or Yatesy will you marry my daughter btw?).
Reply
We just lack intensity in our away games Zico. As an away fan you can sing and support and us non attending fans can watch at home and support in our own way but the basic fact is that we're a million miles away from being at the required level to compete in games away from home. Yes, we got beat in a top 4 club's stadium, I agree we can expect little else in reality, but is it not fair to expect the players to be in a mindset where they might compete and hope and fight to get a point? We lost a goal after 2 minutes yesterday for gods sake. It was an abject performance and only looked better in the 2nd half when Spurs were in cruise control. I'm telling you this needs correcting fast because if our home form dips, which it could essily do, then we're easily the worst side in the division again, and it's been a few months since that's been the case.
Reply
For example - You have to question training methods........ how come we lose the ball so much at our throw ins......but opposition teams rarely lose the ball at their throw ins ?

Is this down to injuries ?
Reply


Forum Jump: