Posts: 902
Threads: 0
Joined: Jul 2018
Reputation:
0
Looks to me like Boly out for the season then shame that
Come on you mighty Reds
Posts: 19,436
Threads: 604
Joined: May 2018
Reputation:
206
Location: Athens
(16-02-2023, 12:50 PM)tugger2018 Wrote: Looks to me like Boly out for the season then shame that
I know what Percy said but I disagree with him.
Panic on the streets of London
Posts: 977
Threads: 1
Joined: May 2018
Reputation:
6
Location: WFCG
Must admit I don't see Lodi as a strong CB but I don't know his history either.
Posts: 19,436
Threads: 604
Joined: May 2018
Reputation:
206
Location: Athens
(16-02-2023, 01:34 PM)ac_vodka Wrote: Must admit I don't see Lodi as a strong CB but I don't know his history either.
Luke Shaw comes to mind straight away, he's been playing CB for Man Utd and took to it like a duck to water. Of course there is no guarantee that Lodi would do the same but I would be comfortable giving it a go if needs must.
Panic on the streets of London
Posts: 12,960
Threads: 41
Joined: May 2018
Reputation:
69
16-02-2023, 02:32 PM
(This post was last modified: 16-02-2023, 02:32 PM by Sausage Roll.)
Percy saying we've asked the Premier League for special dispensation to include Steve Cook in the squad.
Can't see them allowing it but if you don't ask.....
Posts: 19,436
Threads: 604
Joined: May 2018
Reputation:
206
Location: Athens
Prefer Lodi!
Panic on the streets of London
Posts: 12,960
Threads: 41
Joined: May 2018
Reputation:
69
More detail from The Athletic. Niakhate's return getting closer it seems:
Nottingham Forest are waiting to discover if they will be given special dispensation to include Steve Cook in their 25-man Premier League squad, as they look to address an injury crisis in the centre of defence. Willy Boly and Scott McKenna both suffered hamstring injuries in the defeat at Fulham last weekend and scans have shown that Boly will be out for around three months, while McKenna is expected to be sidelined for six weeks.
With Giulian Biancone (knee) already ruled out for the season and Moussa Niakhate recovering from a serious hamstring problem of his own, Forest find themselves with only two fit central defenders, ahead of the visit of Manchester City on Saturday. And they have made an application to the Premier League to restore experienced defender Cook to their squad, with the former Bournemouth man having been left out after a deadline day loan move to Luton failed to materialise.
Niakhate has returned to training and is thought to have a slim chance of returning to be part of the squad to face West Ham in just over a week. But Forest are taking proactive steps in the meantime, to ensure that they do have cover if either of their remaining central defenders — Joe Worrall and Felipe — pick up injuries.
“It’s not great. Scott is going to be out for six weeks — Willy is even worse and we’re looking at longer than three months. It’s not the news we were hoping for,” said Cooper. “I know it’s a bit of a talking point, our injuries, but there’s no crying from us. We’d like it to be different but we have to be positive, we have to play with a can-do mentality because if we don’t, no-one else will believe us. “We have applied through Premier League rules to bring Steve back into the 25-man squad. We are more than hopeful it will be fine, we are expecting that to happen with the circumstances we find ourselves in.”
Forest expect to a decision from the Premier League by Friday lunchtime, with Boly the man Cook would replace. Cooper says Cook’s reaction to being left out of the squad had been a reflection of his character. The defender has continued to train with the rest of the first-team squad, so would be able to slot straight back into things if he is given the green light to be involved, possibly even as soon as this weekend.
“He has had a very productive 12 months for us, we’re all fond of him here. He has been good, been very professional and with it happening so quickly it’s felt pretty normal. He’s been really positive, a lesser man maybe would have been a bit different,” said Cooper.
Posts: 12,960
Threads: 41
Joined: May 2018
Reputation:
69
Just looking at the Premier League Handbook (you'd need big hands, it's enormous) and there is a line which says a squad *can* be changed outside of transfer windows if permission is granted by the board:
U.6. Changes to a Squad List may be made:
U.6.1. during the period of a Transfer Window; or
U.6.2. at other times only with the permission of the Board.
I can't see them granting permission though.