Brentford - Nottingham Forest
(20-03-2021, 06:05 PM)ThePromisedLand Wrote:
(20-03-2021, 05:55 PM)Paplane Wrote: I still cant get over the penalty. The sheepies on sky said cast iron but if thats given as a pen then there should 4 or 5 pens given each game. It was a mad decision by the ref to give it for a first offence. He could've let it go, given a warning but no. It's incredibly harsh. It set us back for 20/30 minutes and gave them a boost. Apart from that period we looked decent. Yep, we rode our luck but there was some quality defending and defending is part of the game dont forget.

Agreed Pap.

But it was also about missed opportunities by Brentford.

We also missed one good chance
Reply
(20-03-2021, 06:11 PM)wassy04 Wrote:
(20-03-2021, 06:05 PM)ThePromisedLand Wrote:
(20-03-2021, 05:55 PM)Paplane Wrote: I still cant get over the penalty. The sheepies on sky said cast iron but if thats given as a pen then there should 4 or 5 pens given each game. It was a mad decision by the ref to give it for a first offence. He could've let it go, given a warning but no. It's incredibly harsh. It set us back for 20/30 minutes and gave them a boost. Apart from that period we looked decent. Yep, we rode our luck but there was some quality defending and defending is part of the game dont forget.

Agreed Pap.

But it was also about missed opportunities by Brentford.

We also missed one good chance
ThaT was grabban tho so I’m not sure it counts as a chance
Reply
(20-03-2021, 04:08 PM)wassy04 Wrote:
(20-03-2021, 03:48 PM)stirred Wrote:
(20-03-2021, 03:46 PM)Uwantlee Wrote:
(20-03-2021, 03:43 PM)wassy04 Wrote:
(20-03-2021, 03:37 PM)Uwantlee Wrote: Outplayed?? We certainly were not. Yes they created the better chances but we stayed in there. They are a better team. Our tactics were spot on. We did well in possession, we looked positive and tried to go forward.

As I said yesterday, give CH the summer to build a proper team, to bring in A striker, a couple of wingers, sign krov on a perm and we will be good to go.

Today was a good watch, entertaining and hard working. I am happy with the result and the performance for a change. 

Yes I have questions over the selection of grabban and him being captain as well as bong being picked over and over again. I will just assume that for now it is only until the summer. We have very few other options. Taylor is poor, Murray was last seen in a nursing home and after that.... nothing.

Let’s get to the summer and see what lessons have been learnt from previous

Seriously who are you and where is Uwantlee  :D :D

Can't please some people, away against 4th and we matched them for patches. Not saying we were amazing but what would have been a good performance there? An even game away at 4th? Good point against a good team, another point closer to safety, almost at the end of this tough run too.

Exactly... as for the stats yes they had more shots but they were at home and pushing for promotion. We were never going to dominate for 90 mins but we did in patches.

Was it perfect... no. Was it a huge improvement on Wednesday... yes. Should we be happy with a point... definitely.

Needs time. Need better attacking options but we have to make do until the summer. 3 wins and we will be safe.

Creating the better chances is almost the definition of outplaying the opponent.

And we were never going down. We are already safe, it’s just something else a lot of fans don’t understand.

Rotherham have 5 games in hand and 10 points behind. Brum only 4 behind with a game to play today. I'm not suggesting we're favourites to go down, but pretty naive to suggest we're safe.

Also, if we're as bad as you say we are we probably won't win again this season  :D

I say we were never going down because we have a much better squad of players than the 6 or 7 at the bottom, as I repeatedly say.

Under Hughton we will tediously grind out enough wins and draws to stay up.

Under a good manager we would be in the top half already.
Reply
I personally don't feel we were out played or looked out of place like what happened against Norwich. A good point in what is becoming a tight and every point counts battle at the bottom. I would say midfield centrally looks better when cafu gets to play deeper. Just need to make the next step and make more chances and sort out our in front of goal problem. Lots to work on for CH now until start of next season.
Reply
(20-03-2021, 06:16 PM)stirred Wrote:
(20-03-2021, 04:08 PM)wassy04 Wrote:
(20-03-2021, 03:48 PM)stirred Wrote:
(20-03-2021, 03:46 PM)Uwantlee Wrote:
(20-03-2021, 03:43 PM)wassy04 Wrote: Seriously who are you and where is Uwantlee  :D :D

Can't please some people, away against 4th and we matched them for patches. Not saying we were amazing but what would have been a good performance there? An even game away at 4th? Good point against a good team, another point closer to safety, almost at the end of this tough run too.

Exactly... as for the stats yes they had more shots but they were at home and pushing for promotion. We were never going to dominate for 90 mins but we did in patches.

Was it perfect... no. Was it a huge improvement on Wednesday... yes. Should we be happy with a point... definitely.

Needs time. Need better attacking options but we have to make do until the summer. 3 wins and we will be safe.

Creating the better chances is almost the definition of outplaying the opponent.

And we were never going down. We are already safe, it’s just something else a lot of fans don’t understand.

Rotherham have 5 games in hand and 10 points behind. Brum only 4 behind with a game to play today. I'm not suggesting we're favourites to go down, but pretty naive to suggest we're safe.

Also, if we're as bad as you say we are we probably won't win again this season  :D

I say we were never going down because we have a much better squad of players than the 6 or 7 at the bottom, as I repeatedly say.

Under Hughton we will tediously grind out enough wins and draws to stay up.

Under a good manager we would be in the top half already.
Please tell me you are not serious. With our current team we would be top half... we have been truly awful all season because of the disjointed signings. Pep wouldn’t get us top half
Reply
Decent point and performance, kept the ball well without creating too much. Rode our luck at the back, defence allowed too many clear chances for my liking despite some good last ditch clearances
Much improved, 1 more win and I reckon we are safe, yes seriously I dont think the bar is high. Again it showed we have a long way to go for next season.
Reply
Happy with the point. Good rebound from performance on Wednesday.

Lets hope we can play like this against Cardiff - another point there would be good
Reply
(20-03-2021, 06:35 PM)Plymouth red Wrote: Happy with the point. Good rebound from performance on Wednesday.

Lets hope we can play like this against Cardiff - another point there would be good

Carfiff are not going to let us knock it around like Barcelona Brentford did today. But I share the sentiment. Something for us to build on now.
Reply
Special mention to Garner today. How good is that lad? 20 years old and hes so composed in the hurley burley championship. He was excellent today.
Reply
Do think we still need 9-10 points to ensure safety - Rotherham have a lot of games to play but there are a few winnable ones there and are playing more games late on when other sides will have nothing to play for - it will either knacker them or allow them to get some momentum. 

We could do with going on a bit of an unbeaten run - after Cardiff we are done with top sides so plenty of games that, on paper, are winnable. 

Qpr
Bristol city
Sheff wed
Huddersfield
Stoke
Birmingham
Preston

The Norwich game was demoralising but other than that, we've been competitive in all the other matches in this difficult run.

Personally of all the games in the last 10, the only result I would say I feel really hurt us was that defeat to Luton.
Reply
(20-03-2021, 06:31 PM)Salvatore Matrecano Wrote: Decent point and performance, kept the ball well without creating too much. Rode our luck at the back, defence allowed too many clear chances for my liking despite some good last ditch clearances
Much improved, 1 more win and I reckon we are safe, yes seriously I dont think the bar is high. Again it showed we have a long way to go for next season.

I think one win is slightly too optimistic, I still think we'll be fine as we have a nice run in. Hope we've got a gap built before we play Brum though otherwise that game could be a bit twitchy.

I also thought we'd make playoffs last year...
Reply
(20-03-2021, 06:16 PM)stirred Wrote:
(20-03-2021, 04:08 PM)wassy04 Wrote:
(20-03-2021, 03:48 PM)stirred Wrote:
(20-03-2021, 03:46 PM)Uwantlee Wrote:
(20-03-2021, 03:43 PM)wassy04 Wrote: Seriously who are you and where is Uwantlee  :D :D

Can't please some people, away against 4th and we matched them for patches. Not saying we were amazing but what would have been a good performance there? An even game away at 4th? Good point against a good team, another point closer to safety, almost at the end of this tough run too.

Exactly... as for the stats yes they had more shots but they were at home and pushing for promotion. We were never going to dominate for 90 mins but we did in patches.

Was it perfect... no. Was it a huge improvement on Wednesday... yes. Should we be happy with a point... definitely.

Needs time. Need better attacking options but we have to make do until the summer. 3 wins and we will be safe.

Creating the better chances is almost the definition of outplaying the opponent.

And we were never going down. We are already safe, it’s just something else a lot of fans don’t understand.

Rotherham have 5 games in hand and 10 points behind. Brum only 4 behind with a game to play today. I'm not suggesting we're favourites to go down, but pretty naive to suggest we're safe.

Also, if we're as bad as you say we are we probably won't win again this season  :D

I say we were never going down because we have a much better squad of players than the 6 or 7 at the bottom, as I repeatedly say.

Under Hughton we will tediously grind out enough wins and draws to stay up.

Under a good manager we would be in the top half already.

Are you being serious? I haven't read whole thread yet, so assume you are taking the pi$$.

Edit: Now read whole thread and it seems you actually are serious. Wow.

You and That Green Man poster should get together and chip in for therapy, I'm worried about you both.
Reply


Forum Jump: