21-10-2020, 08:02 AM
|
Lewis Grabban
|
|
21-10-2020, 08:10 AM
(21-10-2020, 08:02 AM)Paplane Wrote:(21-10-2020, 08:01 AM)Sniffer Dog Wrote: Valid points ^ Well he's had plenty of bloody opportunities that's for sure.
Panic on the streets of Croydon, Derby, Sheffield, Leicestershire.
21-10-2020, 08:13 AM
(21-10-2020, 07:55 AM)Widdow Wrote:(20-10-2020, 10:48 PM)Username Wrote: It took Grabban eight games to score in his first season with us. He then went on to score 16 in 21 further games. He had a shot saved by the keeper yesterday so has had a shot on target... His finishing has been poor but he does a lot of other stuff. I still think its worth giving Taylor more games anyway just to see what we've got with him
21-10-2020, 08:25 AM
Grabban looks short on confidence. The miss yesterday was a good example of how this is manifesting. He is getting into the right positions, and his good work set up the goal against Rotherham.
21-10-2020, 08:27 AM
The trouble with Grabban being the loan striker is he doesn't hold up the ball, so we are always giving possession back. 4231 doesn't suit him, especially if the 3 are not close.
We looked better when we went 433 as the out ball could go to either Ameobi or Taylor and Grabban could then use his intelligence to get on the ball. He clearly needs a goal but can we afford to keep playing him while he finds his mojo, isn't that why we have an u23 team? I think he has an important role to play this season for us, but at the moment the missed chances are costly. When his confidence is back we would score a lot of the chances he's had so far. I thought the whole point of is signing a ton of players is we have the depth to rotate.
21-10-2020, 08:31 AM
I definitely think Grabs has a lot to give us this season and I think he will....but. While he needs to get himself a goal, perhaps it would be best if he got the last 30 of the match to find his mojo again rather than starting. He needs to score a goal but he is also carrying the weight of being the main goal getter for a team that aren't scoring many, which will only put more pressure on him as well as being made captain. Could be seen as very positive taking the pressure off him for a bit and sticking him on the bench rather than starting but making sure he knows that he will get 30 mins at the end. He ripped it up a few games back when he was benched to start with then came on and completely changed the game for the better.
21-10-2020, 08:43 AM
Following on with the Grabban debate, as Peter Taylor would say after observing Forest player performances "he shot" which I believe is the case with our current "captain"
He is on the downside of his career and I did advocate during the close season that we should have traded him in for a younger model while his stock was still high. I did not recall Grabban touching the ball in the second half until the 61st minute, also when we conceded the goal there was no obvious clapping of hands or any barking of encouragement to fellow players, he just stood passively on the halfway line. I am not having a go at the guy and trying to be constructive in how this should be played out by CH, relieve him of the burden of captaincy and "rest" him for a few games plus bring him on for a few substitute appearances over the next few matches to allow him to get his mojo back.
21-10-2020, 09:14 AM
(21-10-2020, 08:43 AM)JollyLolly Wrote: Following on with the Grabban debate, as Peter Taylor would say after observing Forest player performances "he shot" which I believe is the case with our current "captain" I'm sorry but its not like they focused the camera on grabban for the next minute after we scored. There is no way you can say "he stood passively and failed to offer encouragement". You could neither see nor hear anything of him and so unless you were somehow at the game, I call BS. He deserves criticism but I cant stand people just massively exaggerating or making things up. There's no crowd so we're all getting the same pictures! Like last week, people saying Colback wasn't good. You could barely see him as he wasn't on screen often!
21-10-2020, 09:22 AM
Only one way for our 20 goal striker to answer this debate.....a return to goals is the Sheep.
21-10-2020, 09:27 AM
Surprised Hughton made him captain. I was hoping some fresh eyes could make a change. All he has to do he review the games from 2020 to see what we are about.
Time for Grabban to sit out. And hey what happened Guerrero the lad from Oly?
Everyone is entitled to my opinion - COYR :)
21-10-2020, 10:30 AM
Wassy04, I can only say what I could see on the TV screen and Sky only had one fixed camera for the game which focused solely on the play, I did not recall Grabban in the action actually engaged in a pass or touching the ball until the 61st minute and remarked that to the wife at the time. After the penalty was scored the camera returned to the centre circle ready for the restart which clearly showed Grabban standing passively and not engaging with his team, I am just politely pointing out what I observed and is not a slight on the guy. Not BS just observations expanding upon the points I made in my earlier post.
21-10-2020, 11:01 AM
I think a lot of the criticism is undeserved and I dont think his work rate has dropped either, he is an excellent team player for me. However one thing I definitely agree with is that he should not be captain.
|
|
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
|
