Posts: 2,789
Threads: 2
Joined: Jun 2018
Reputation:
18
(21-05-2024, 01:56 PM)Paplane Wrote: (21-05-2024, 11:37 AM)Salvatore Matrecano Wrote: I like Danilo too. However assuming we need to sell someone needs to make a call which player or players leaving would impact the team least.
Assuming we can’t get rid of fringe players then I would choose losing Danilo over losing Murillo or MGW.
Of course we may simply have to pick the one who we get a decent offer for.
I like Danillo as well but he's going to have to really improve his ball playing next season. He's gone loads of energy and gets around the pitch but he needs more composure when we're playing out. If he can do that them he'll go from strength to strength but at the minutes he's nowhere near being a £35m player. I reckon he's worth £15m tops.
His Ball Playing is the best we have in that position. Long Balls are his speciality.
Posts: 19,580
Threads: 615
Joined: May 2018
Reputation:
209
Location: Athens
(20-05-2024, 10:47 AM)stefanduma Wrote: What about the situation with Sangare I saw he came on yesterday. Is it a stick with him or out of the door?
He has disappointed me but I would be willing to stick with him and give him a second chance.
Hope he grabs it with both hands.
Panic on the streets of Croydon, Derby, Sheffield, Leicestershire.
Posts: 13,409
Threads: 41
Joined: May 2018
Reputation:
69
Most of our recent signings (Murillo being the notable exception) from overseas have taken some time to adapt. Hopefully Sangare can step up in his second season like Mangala did.
Posts: 19,580
Threads: 615
Joined: May 2018
Reputation:
209
Location: Athens
I think we need to sign a goalkeeper too and sell Turner and Vlachodimos.
I was very impressed with the Fiorentina goalkeeper the other night. 34 now and just 12 months left on his contract but I have no idea if he would be interested in a move or whether we would be interested for that matter. Think his name was Terraciano or something like that.
Panic on the streets of Croydon, Derby, Sheffield, Leicestershire.
Posts: 4,559
Threads: 0
Joined: May 2018
Reputation:
52
(01-06-2024, 07:16 AM)Sniffer Dog (Admin) Wrote: I think we need to sign a goalkeeper too and sell Turner and Vlachodimos.
I was very impressed with the Fiorentina goalkeeper the other night. 34 now and just 12 months left on his contract but I have no idea if he would be interested in a move or whether we would be interested for that matter. Think his name was Terraciano or something like that.
Kelleher at Liverpool is another keeper who is likely to be available this summer.
Posts: 1,708
Threads: 3
Joined: Oct 2023
Reputation:
20
Location: City Ground
(01-06-2024, 10:40 AM)Reds73 Wrote: (01-06-2024, 07:16 AM)Sniffer Dog (Admin) Wrote: I think we need to sign a goalkeeper too and sell Turner and Vlachodimos.
I was very impressed with the Fiorentina goalkeeper the other night. 34 now and just 12 months left on his contract but I have no idea if he would be interested in a move or whether we would be interested for that matter. Think his name was Terraciano or something like that.
Kelleher at Liverpool is another keeper who is likely to be available this summer.
Forest focus did a really good analysis of the goalkeeping situation a couple of days ago and I agree with them.
Sels is number one but we need to buy a younger keeper to take over when the time is right. I don't want two over 30's number 1.5s haha
Posts: 19,580
Threads: 615
Joined: May 2018
Reputation:
209
Location: Athens
(01-06-2024, 06:46 PM)Trailer Park Tom Wrote: (01-06-2024, 10:40 AM)Reds73 Wrote: (01-06-2024, 07:16 AM)Sniffer Dog (Admin) Wrote: I think we need to sign a goalkeeper too and sell Turner and Vlachodimos.
I was very impressed with the Fiorentina goalkeeper the other night. 34 now and just 12 months left on his contract but I have no idea if he would be interested in a move or whether we would be interested for that matter. Think his name was Terraciano or something like that.
Kelleher at Liverpool is another keeper who is likely to be available this summer.
Forest focus did a really good analysis of the goalkeeping situation a couple of days ago and I agree with them.
Sels is number one but we need to buy a younger keeper to take over when the time is right. I don't want two over 30's number 1.5s haha
And what would happen if Sels got injured?
Surely we need two experienced keepers battling it out and pushing eachother or are we going to risk going to some daunting away games with a young kid in goal.
Panic on the streets of Croydon, Derby, Sheffield, Leicestershire.
Posts: 4,559
Threads: 0
Joined: May 2018
Reputation:
52
(02-06-2024, 08:03 AM)Sniffer Dog (Admin) Wrote: (01-06-2024, 06:46 PM)Trailer Park Tom Wrote: (01-06-2024, 10:40 AM)Reds73 Wrote: (01-06-2024, 07:16 AM)Sniffer Dog (Admin) Wrote: I think we need to sign a goalkeeper too and sell Turner and Vlachodimos.
I was very impressed with the Fiorentina goalkeeper the other night. 34 now and just 12 months left on his contract but I have no idea if he would be interested in a move or whether we would be interested for that matter. Think his name was Terraciano or something like that.
Kelleher at Liverpool is another keeper who is likely to be available this summer.
Forest focus did a really good analysis of the goalkeeping situation a couple of days ago and I agree with them.
Sels is number one but we need to buy a younger keeper to take over when the time is right. I don't want two over 30's number 1.5s haha
And what would happen if Sels got injured?
Surely we need two experienced keepers battling it out and pushing eachother or are we going to risk going to some daunting away games with a young kid in goal.
All Prem teams carry 3 good keepers, with the 3rd choice typically being an ageing experienced keeper.
We will need 2 keepers if both Turner and Vlac leave
Posts: 2,767
Threads: 2
Joined: Aug 2018
Reputation:
40
(02-06-2024, 12:31 PM)Reds73 Wrote: (02-06-2024, 08:03 AM)Sniffer Dog (Admin) Wrote: (01-06-2024, 06:46 PM)Trailer Park Tom Wrote: (01-06-2024, 10:40 AM)Reds73 Wrote: (01-06-2024, 07:16 AM)Sniffer Dog (Admin) Wrote: I think we need to sign a goalkeeper too and sell Turner and Vlachodimos.
I was very impressed with the Fiorentina goalkeeper the other night. 34 now and just 12 months left on his contract but I have no idea if he would be interested in a move or whether we would be interested for that matter. Think his name was Terraciano or something like that.
Kelleher at Liverpool is another keeper who is likely to be available this summer.
Forest focus did a really good analysis of the goalkeeping situation a couple of days ago and I agree with them.
Sels is number one but we need to buy a younger keeper to take over when the time is right. I don't want two over 30's number 1.5s haha
And what would happen if Sels got injured?
Surely we need two experienced keepers battling it out and pushing eachother or are we going to risk going to some daunting away games with a young kid in goal.
All Prem teams carry 3 good keepers, with the 3rd choice typically being an ageing experienced keeper.
We will need 2 keepers if both Turner and Vlac leave
Unless a top keeper who is as guarenteed as you can be, to be a significant upgrade on Sels becomes available (even on loan) like the Arsenal lad, I think we have bigger priorities. LB and CB especially.
So many variables too. Fitness of our two strikers, will Sangare settle and come good, can CHO stay fit and replicate his post Christmas form? Who will be sold pre June 30th?
Yet another interesting summer ahead.
Posts: 1,708
Threads: 3
Joined: Oct 2023
Reputation:
20
Location: City Ground
(02-06-2024, 08:03 AM)Sniffer Dog (Admin) Wrote: (01-06-2024, 06:46 PM)Trailer Park Tom Wrote: (01-06-2024, 10:40 AM)Reds73 Wrote: (01-06-2024, 07:16 AM)Sniffer Dog (Admin) Wrote: I think we need to sign a goalkeeper too and sell Turner and Vlachodimos.
I was very impressed with the Fiorentina goalkeeper the other night. 34 now and just 12 months left on his contract but I have no idea if he would be interested in a move or whether we would be interested for that matter. Think his name was Terraciano or something like that.
Kelleher at Liverpool is another keeper who is likely to be available this summer.
Forest focus did a really good analysis of the goalkeeping situation a couple of days ago and I agree with them.
Sels is number one but we need to buy a younger keeper to take over when the time is right. I don't want two over 30's number 1.5s haha
And what would happen if Sels got injured?
Surely we need two experienced keepers battling it out and pushing eachother or are we going to risk going to some daunting away games with a young kid in goal.
I don't mean a 17 year old. Goalkeepers generally peak a bit older. I'm talking someone who is behind a number 1 too good to drop in their 20's. Either long term for us or a good resale value in a few years. Like when Arsenal sold Martinez for example.
Posts: 1,708
Threads: 3
Joined: Oct 2023
Reputation:
20
Location: City Ground
05-06-2024, 09:51 AM
(This post was last modified: 05-06-2024, 12:21 PM by Trailer Park Tom.)
Athletic article
Forest need to sell one player before June 30th which will most likely be Murillo giving the European interest valued at 60/70 mill.
MGW last resort sale with similar valuation but both parties dont want that. Interest also in CHO, Tawio and Niakhate but forest don't want to sell.
Both back up keepers available for transfer along with Wozza, Bowler, LOB, Mighten and Dennis.
Omar Richards future yet to be decided.
Yates, Toff and Wood in their final year however Yates new contract expected shortly.
Forest want to side a right sided defended and possibly two centre halves in addition to a striker, GK and an attacking midfielder. We may look at another centre mid and full back also.
We have identified some targets from South America.
Posts: 1,779
Threads: 0
Joined: May 2018
Reputation:
9
(05-06-2024, 09:51 AM)Trailer Park Tom Wrote: Athletic article
Forest need to sell one player before June 30th which will most likely be Murillo giving the European interest valued at 60/70 mill.
MGW last resort sale with similar valuation but both parties dont want that. Interest also in CHO, Tawio and Niakhate but forest don't want to sell.
Both back up keepers available for transfer along with Wozza, Bowler, LOB, Mighten and Dennis.
Omar Richards future yet to be decided.
Yates, Toff and Wood in their final year however Yates new contract expected shortly.
Forest want to side a right sided defended and possibly two centre halves in addition to a striker, GK and an attacking midfielder. We may look at another centre mid.amd full back also.
We have identified some targets from South America.
So a possible 8 players then
|