The Run In
#37
I think Grabban is now THIRD choice for the strikers role so who is he going to replace out of the 3 players behind who currently offer more in those positions? Difficult so see his role now within the team, super-sub at best.
Reply
#38
I don't think Grabban can just walk back into the side any more but with the games coming thick and fast we'll be able to rotate Davis, Zinc, Surridge and Grabban as needs be. What an unbelievable choice that'll be for Cooper. Grabs may not even be in enough shape to play every game anyway.

Edit: and there's Lolleh too now off course. If all are fit we really are spoilt for quality in the forwards.
Reply
#39
Exactly no one is saying that he walks back in as a starter but he can come on and replace Zinc for example plus we will no doubt pick up the odd injury here and there.
Panic on the streets of Croydon, Derby, Sheffield, Leicestershire.
Reply
#40
I would quite like to see a front 3 of Grabban Davis and Johnson particularly in games where we need to play on the front foot which is pretty well all of them. Dont agree Grabban is 3rd choice at all, we’ll never know of course but my opinion Grabban would have got on the end of Johnsons cross on Sunday rather than Zinc and we would be booking Wembley tickets today.
Reply
#41
Yes I agree that Grabban would have buried that.
Panic on the streets of Croydon, Derby, Sheffield, Leicestershire.
Reply
#42
(22-03-2022, 01:03 PM)Tricky Wrote: Ok, here's a question I hope will start an interesting and healthy debate.

We are currently starting matches with Keirnan Davies up top, with Sam Surridge on the bench, then coming on for the final 30 minutes.

What's going to happen when Lewis Grabban returns from injury, in your opinion?

I cannot see what changes.

Grabban can play as the lone striker or in any of the positions in a front three or in the three playing behind a lone striker.

And we get the added bonus of not having to over play him.

He would score a shed load playing off Keinan.
Reply
#43
(25-03-2022, 09:42 AM)Jean_claude_killy Wrote:
(22-03-2022, 01:03 PM)Tricky Wrote: Ok, here's a question I hope will start an interesting and healthy debate.

We are currently starting matches with Keirnan Davies up top, with Sam Surridge on the bench, then coming on for the final 30 minutes.

What's going to happen when Lewis Grabban returns from injury, in your opinion?

I cannot see what changes.

Grabban can play as the lone striker or in any of the positions in a front three or in the three playing behind a lone striker.

And we get the added bonus of not having to over play him.

He would score a shed load playing off Keinan.

So with Grabban playing up with Davies would it be Johnson slotting in behind them in a 5-2-1-2
Reply
#44
(25-03-2022, 10:27 AM)McDurban Wrote:
(25-03-2022, 09:42 AM)Jean_claude_killy Wrote:
(22-03-2022, 01:03 PM)Tricky Wrote: Ok, here's a question I hope will start an interesting and healthy debate.

We are currently starting matches with Keirnan Davies up top, with Sam Surridge on the bench, then coming on for the final 30 minutes.

What's going to happen when Lewis Grabban returns from injury, in your opinion?

I cannot see what changes.

Grabban can play as the lone striker or in any of the positions in a front three or in the three playing behind a lone striker.

And we get the added bonus of not having to over play him.

He would score a shed load playing off Keinan.

So with Grabban playing up with Davies would it be Johnson slotting in behind them in a 5-2-1-2

I would not play him up with Davies as a two; more like the role Zinckernagel plays now, arriving late in the box.

I would give Grabban another contract even though we are better covered up front than we have been for a long while.

He will still get his share of goals and players like Surridge can learn from him.
Reply
#45
4 home games and six away games.
Reply
#46
I guess 30 points will do!

Signed

Yours faithfully deluded Forest fan who lives in hope.
Reply
#47
(27-03-2022, 11:23 AM)Alf Garnett Wrote: 4 home games and six away games.

I don't mind that Alf our away form is better and it's probably less pressure playing away too, not that we have a lot of pressure.
Panic on the streets of Croydon, Derby, Sheffield, Leicestershire.
Reply
#48
Last 6 matches home form 16 points = 2.66/game
Last 6 matches away form 8 points = 1.33/game

Continue that form for last 10 games ( 4 home and 6 away) would give us 18 more points and a total of 76. In most seasons that would be enough to scrape us into top 6.
Reply


Forum Jump: