I haven't really had too much input into the should he stay or should he go debate and I will not be taking part in the poll.
No doubt I will get a new arse torn out of me by some of you and some of you may agree with me, kind of understand what I am trying to convey or just dont give a flying bollock tickle!
It is my opinion that we should give Sabri until at least after the international break so that he can work with the new lads he has brought in. It will give him time to assess who is up for the task and who isnt, so he can formulate a cohesive and reliable matchday squad. He also needs that time to get across to the new lads his system, how he thinks it should work, but importantly, why it isnt working.
If he is looking at new formations, then he needs time to put that across to the players, setting out how he thinks things could/should/would be done correctly.
We all know it takes a few games for new players to blend into their new side, and that is often with the main part of an already established team playing alongside them, so they can pick up relatively quickly the style of play being implemented by the side from the off. That just simply cannot happen with 8 new signings in the starting line up! That was a massive mistake by Sabri. I concede there were 4 positions that had to have new players in place. Cash and Watson no longer at the club and Worrall out with a broken foot. Figs needed to be rested and it is a strong argument that Grabban needed a kick up the arse too! But Riberio, Yates, Mighten, all did enough to warrant staying in the side from the previous match.
I am not going to rave about Ioannu as I know nothing about him, but what I have seen of Blackett, I sincerely hope he is an upgrade. People have been hopping up and down banging on about the likes of Christie and Blackett, but I fail to understand why. Blackett was allowed to leave a Reading side that struggled badly for the best part of last season (is it a coincidence that they are unbeaten this season so far?) and the filth down the road didn't want Christie 3 years ago. Colback didn't play at all last season, yet loads are expecting him to be the same as he was on his last game for us. Seriously? I still think Darikwa should be given an opportunity to show he is still go to play. If his injury has slowed him down to the extent that he can no longer do a job for us, then at least we gave him a chance.
What about Taylor? Well I feel he is certainly more capable of doing the dirty work in the opposition half, which we have missed a lot of in the past. I would like to think he will come even better for us in the not too distant future. Freeman, just like Grabban, he isnt being given enough of the ball in the right areas, in fact he is being expected to play in the wrong areas for a striker. Not on in the box, but out on the wing?
I do like Mbe Soh and McKenna. They both showed maturity and a sense of calm while others were losing their shit.
But these are all new players, learning a new style to the one they are familiar with, with a group of players they are not familiar with and in some cases in a country they are not familiar with. Sabri was the one who spoke to them, encouraged them to join our club, tried to sell them the project. They may just be starting to buy into that project. Get rid of Sabri, and not only do the new lads have to start again, but the whole team does.
So to recap, I am not going to vote. I would like to see Sabri have until two or three weeks after the international break to turn things around. I would like to see a new formation tried though and a bit of consistency in the team selections once this is set up. And if, after all of that nothing has improved, then I will eat humble pie and wave au revoir to Mnsr Lambouchi knowing that at least we gave him every possible chance.
(Tricky now waits for his new arse to be ripped) :cry:
No doubt I will get a new arse torn out of me by some of you and some of you may agree with me, kind of understand what I am trying to convey or just dont give a flying bollock tickle!
It is my opinion that we should give Sabri until at least after the international break so that he can work with the new lads he has brought in. It will give him time to assess who is up for the task and who isnt, so he can formulate a cohesive and reliable matchday squad. He also needs that time to get across to the new lads his system, how he thinks it should work, but importantly, why it isnt working.
If he is looking at new formations, then he needs time to put that across to the players, setting out how he thinks things could/should/would be done correctly.
We all know it takes a few games for new players to blend into their new side, and that is often with the main part of an already established team playing alongside them, so they can pick up relatively quickly the style of play being implemented by the side from the off. That just simply cannot happen with 8 new signings in the starting line up! That was a massive mistake by Sabri. I concede there were 4 positions that had to have new players in place. Cash and Watson no longer at the club and Worrall out with a broken foot. Figs needed to be rested and it is a strong argument that Grabban needed a kick up the arse too! But Riberio, Yates, Mighten, all did enough to warrant staying in the side from the previous match.
I am not going to rave about Ioannu as I know nothing about him, but what I have seen of Blackett, I sincerely hope he is an upgrade. People have been hopping up and down banging on about the likes of Christie and Blackett, but I fail to understand why. Blackett was allowed to leave a Reading side that struggled badly for the best part of last season (is it a coincidence that they are unbeaten this season so far?) and the filth down the road didn't want Christie 3 years ago. Colback didn't play at all last season, yet loads are expecting him to be the same as he was on his last game for us. Seriously? I still think Darikwa should be given an opportunity to show he is still go to play. If his injury has slowed him down to the extent that he can no longer do a job for us, then at least we gave him a chance.
What about Taylor? Well I feel he is certainly more capable of doing the dirty work in the opposition half, which we have missed a lot of in the past. I would like to think he will come even better for us in the not too distant future. Freeman, just like Grabban, he isnt being given enough of the ball in the right areas, in fact he is being expected to play in the wrong areas for a striker. Not on in the box, but out on the wing?
I do like Mbe Soh and McKenna. They both showed maturity and a sense of calm while others were losing their shit.
But these are all new players, learning a new style to the one they are familiar with, with a group of players they are not familiar with and in some cases in a country they are not familiar with. Sabri was the one who spoke to them, encouraged them to join our club, tried to sell them the project. They may just be starting to buy into that project. Get rid of Sabri, and not only do the new lads have to start again, but the whole team does.
So to recap, I am not going to vote. I would like to see Sabri have until two or three weeks after the international break to turn things around. I would like to see a new formation tried though and a bit of consistency in the team selections once this is set up. And if, after all of that nothing has improved, then I will eat humble pie and wave au revoir to Mnsr Lambouchi knowing that at least we gave him every possible chance.
(Tricky now waits for his new arse to be ripped) :cry:
"It's Tricky to rock a rhyme, to rock a rhyme that's right on time, it's Trickay, It's Tricky, Tricky, Tricky Tricky" - Run DMC
