13-02-2020, 04:57 PM
(13-02-2020, 04:25 PM)Alf Wrote: I am surprised that the 3rd option hasn't been discussed a bit more.I might have gone for the 3rd option.
After the 4m spent on Jenks & Nuno this past year, not to mention all the wages wasted on loan, I'd strongly consider bringing in someone who knows and has contacts in the British market like Pearce, and limiting Agnino & Modesto to a few players from their specialized markets, as approved by said overseer such as Pearce.
Modesto himself said he's had to learn to adapt to what the British game requires, and underestimated what it requires. We shouldn't be training these chaps up, we should have someone in charge who knows the British game inside & out.
The inclusion of ‘Pearce’ was the hurdle I’m not prepared to tackle. If he weren’t an ex player ( albeit legend ) fans wouldn’t think twice. His post playing record is abysmal - he’s most certainly not the answer. Interestingly if you were to substitute Dougie for Pearce my answer would change in an instant - he would be perfect as a DOF.
