Whilst I get that Benny's deal was good for him & the club from a strictly financial POV, I think Modesto's dropped a bit of a clanger here.
Not only do I reckon Carva & Lolley benefitted more from having a busy bloke like Benny in the side, but I also think he's a far better week-in week-out wide option than Ameobi, and that his work rate would be something Lamouchi would love. However on the flipside, I also think we'd have to be careful not to have too many lightweights play in the same team, so whilst I see Benny as a miss, I think it's a minor miss.
What I do think though, is that selling him for 3m, and trading that for Jenks at 2m + Muric's wages has left us weaker as a squad, with no financial benefit gained from it either. Yes we needed another RB, but we could have also just not loaned out Richardson, and either kept Benny or put a 3m + Yacob + Pants bid in for Grosicki.
Not only do I reckon Carva & Lolley benefitted more from having a busy bloke like Benny in the side, but I also think he's a far better week-in week-out wide option than Ameobi, and that his work rate would be something Lamouchi would love. However on the flipside, I also think we'd have to be careful not to have too many lightweights play in the same team, so whilst I see Benny as a miss, I think it's a minor miss.
What I do think though, is that selling him for 3m, and trading that for Jenks at 2m + Muric's wages has left us weaker as a squad, with no financial benefit gained from it either. Yes we needed another RB, but we could have also just not loaned out Richardson, and either kept Benny or put a 3m + Yacob + Pants bid in for Grosicki.
