05-07-2018, 11:13 AM
(05-07-2018, 11:06 AM)the jock Wrote:(05-07-2018, 06:50 AM)Username Wrote:I don't know what the budget is. 5mill for a lad who scored 20 goals in the league last season is a good price. My concern is both reading and sunderland fans slag him off for his attitude.(04-07-2018, 10:54 PM)the jock Wrote: He had a good season last year.
He's 30. Been at about 12 clubs. Prior to last season he scored 3 goals in 20 championship games for reading . Didn't score until his twelfth appearance . The year before that he scored 1 goal in 24 apps (all 24 in prem) and the year before that he got 12 goals in 36 appearances in the championship
Villa fans really rate him as a poacher. Can play anywhere in a trio upfront and is good on the ball. Hes a good finisher. If he signs I hope he does the business. Sunderland fans slagged him off for being lazy.
Every signing is a risk.
Completely agree, except for the lazy part, every time I saw him last season I thought he lead the line really well.
But my question was who would you prefer?
The other options appear to be Bamford (way too expensive), Hernandez (going to CSKA) and Oliveira (has scored goals for us and Norwich but seems to have a bit of an attitude problem).
I don’t think Marriott is a target. I’m not sure he ever has been and people are reading too much into MacAnthony’s tweets?
12 clubs by the age of 30 says alot. We will be 13th if he signs
Nixon earlier today
Grabban. Worth pointing something out. Birmingham had the first offer accepted. Forest are likely to match.
I think we are going to miss out on this lad .
Birmingham Sports rag did an update just now and still expect Grabban to join us even though they have a bid accepted.
COYR!
