Is Our Squad Stronger Or Weaker Than Last Season
#28
(02-08-2019, 08:32 AM)Tricky Wrote:
(02-08-2019, 07:26 AM)Sabricadabra Wrote: I’m guessing some of you didn’t watch any of the friendlies.

Semedo is a massive upgrade on Yates.
Silva looks like a tough version of Carvalho.
Haven’t seen Samba Sow.
Watson will surprise a few as the regista.
You can't really take anything out of pre season friendlies though. They are a completely different kettle of fish to the rigours of Championship football.

A couple of seasons ago, Velios scored 5 but never wore the Garibaldi again for us once the season started, 
Sorry Sabricadabra Tricky is spot on, friendlies are glorified training sessions, (I went to both at WFCG) so I will reserve judgment until we have seen how good they are when we hit the guts of the season in December. Dias looked mustard last August and even September. Getting out of this league is about being consistent, not flashy skills when no pressure  is on. That's why Colback is such a big miss. 

I'm not being negative, just realistic, we also have only 1 recognised goal scorer. I think our best signing might just be the manager though and that is why I am (cautiously) optimistic.
Reply


Messages In This Thread
RE: Is our Squad Stronger Or Weaker Than Last Season - by ThePromisedLand - 01-08-2019, 10:38 AM
RE: Is our Squad Stronger Or Weaker Than Last Season - by zicorice - 02-08-2019, 08:48 AM
RE: Is our Squad Stronger Or Weaker Than Last Season - by ThePromisedLand - 02-08-2019, 08:52 AM
RE: Is our Squad Stronger Or Weaker Than Last Season - by ThePromisedLand - 19-08-2019, 11:45 AM
RE: Is our Squad Stronger Or Weaker Than Last Season - by ThePromisedLand - 22-08-2019, 02:36 PM
RE: Is our Squad Stronger Or Weaker Than Last Season - by Kranky - 08-10-2019, 06:25 PM
RE: Is Our Squad Stronger Or Weaker Than Last Season - by ThePromisedLand - 25-10-2019, 08:31 AM
RE: Is Our Squad Stronger Or Weaker Than Last Season - by ThePromisedLand - 25-10-2019, 11:27 AM
RE: Is Our Squad Stronger Or Weaker Than Last Season - by ThePromisedLand - 08-07-2020, 07:38 PM
RE: Is Our Squad Stronger Or Weaker Than Last Season - by ThePromisedLand - 09-07-2020, 08:58 AM

Forum Jump: