21-01-2019, 06:18 PM
One other thing I was thinking about (do excuse me, it happens occasionally...) is the old Billy Davies formation.
Was it a 4-3-3 in attack and 4-5-1 in defending?
Perhaps that would suit out personal a bit more. That said, you still need players who can handle themselves and the system. I'm not sure we have them. Or we wouldn't be talking about 4-5 new players.
I'll have a crack at teh 4-3-3.
Pants.
Dar. Benu Fox. Jack. (That back line still doesn't look right. Fig, Dawson and Heph. All out for ages with serious injuries...so we need to get another in to have Fox and Jack as cover.)
Yacob (in front of the defence.)
Geddy Colback (as more progressive roles ahead of him.)
Car (behind the front two)
Murphy. Grabban. (Hmm.)
See. That's not quite Davies like. Because his two wide men in the front three would track back. So I haven't done that right. So who covers the fullbacks? I guess you'd push Geddy and Colback out a bit wider and tuck the fullbacks in a tough narrower and play a compact game. (Didn't Davies have the pitch narrowed?)
SA.
Was it a 4-3-3 in attack and 4-5-1 in defending?
Perhaps that would suit out personal a bit more. That said, you still need players who can handle themselves and the system. I'm not sure we have them. Or we wouldn't be talking about 4-5 new players.
I'll have a crack at teh 4-3-3.
Pants.
Dar. Benu Fox. Jack. (That back line still doesn't look right. Fig, Dawson and Heph. All out for ages with serious injuries...so we need to get another in to have Fox and Jack as cover.)
Yacob (in front of the defence.)
Geddy Colback (as more progressive roles ahead of him.)
Car (behind the front two)
Murphy. Grabban. (Hmm.)
See. That's not quite Davies like. Because his two wide men in the front three would track back. So I haven't done that right. So who covers the fullbacks? I guess you'd push Geddy and Colback out a bit wider and tuck the fullbacks in a tough narrower and play a compact game. (Didn't Davies have the pitch narrowed?)
SA.
