18-03-2024, 07:58 PM
(18-03-2024, 07:26 PM)Salvatore Matrecano Wrote:(18-03-2024, 07:08 PM)wassy04 Wrote:(18-03-2024, 06:57 PM)Salvatore Matrecano Wrote: That the club has made some very big errors is for definite. However:
It was always going to be a gamble to stay up, to do so we tried to bend the rules. It worked at the time but its come back to bite us on the backside now. Worst case it got us another year in the PL.
Also.
Every single one of us who was waving scarves, bouncing up and down singing 30 signings who gives a f**k is complicit.
I do disagree on the complicity, in my view the chant referred to the fact we'd been criticised for the quantity of signings rather than the fact that we'd knowingly breeched PSR. I think we all assumed that we'd stayed in the rules and even if we didn't could've sold a player or players up until 30th June.
The first part is a summation of what I just posted though.
To be honest mate I think most of us suspected we had breached a PSR limit of £61m. It was pretty obvious, we knew we had spent big and even the free signings like Lingard, Navas etc were on very big wages. I get many fans dont think about the implications when they are salivating like spoiled children on transfer deadline day but it really wasn’t a massive shock although even I am surprised by how much we went over.
I personally didn’t, I trusted the club to get it right.

