10-01-2024, 05:56 PM
(10-01-2024, 05:00 PM)Trailer Park Tom Wrote: Twitter and some YouTube channels are the absolute toilet of football. They give such an irrelevant minority a megaphone that actually makes them quite powerful. You see people like Harry McGuire and Solskjaer taking S**t from people who have never purchased a shirt let alone watch a football game live but it gathers momentum.
As for Wozza I think he has had some unfair treatment since our promotion. I don't know the exact stats but i'm sure he has been involved in more prem clean sheets than Felipe, Murilo and Niakhate and I genuinely put him at the required standard alongside some pace and experience (even if on a rotation/backup basis).
He should never have been on the pitch against Luton at that stage of the game and yes he did f**k up, but I don't see anyone mentioning Chelsea & Southampton away and Arsenal, Liverpool, Palace, Leicester at home (yes pen v Palace) but all clean sheets.
Things went too far with Cooper but I think his frustration (not conduct) was warranted.
Anyway thats my rant for the day happy birthday Wozza :Laugh:
Exactly. Been saying for a while now to those on SM criticising Worrall (and also McKenna) that yes he isn’t perfect and doesn’t have the pace but he is decent and alongside someone with pace etc is a good option. Also made the point that prior to Villa, Chelsea was out last win and clean sheet and guess who were at CB for that game putting their bodies on the line only to then both be dropped for the next game. The plaudits Worrall received that game, especially after what he and his family had been through just prior to it made it quite frankly bizarre that he was then dropped the next game and I for one could understand any frustration he may have had at having been so.
