20-11-2023, 03:43 PM
(17-11-2023, 08:48 PM)Salvatore Matrecano Wrote: Happen to agree with Pap and to be honest I am ultra defensive about Cooper because sadly I genuinely think he won’t be here much longer.
But I also want to clarify about being extremely pro Cooper, I most definitely do not think he is beyond criticism. To prove it here are 3 things about Cooper I find frustrating:
1. Think he does set up to get a result which is understandable but the way we almost immediately sit back on taking the lead in any game is too cautious and to be honest utterly nerve wracking to watch!
2. I don’t think he has made full use of his squad, particularly last season. I don’t think Scarpa was great by any means but he wasn’t given any sort of chance and when he did play MGW still got to take all the set pieces. Dennis was another one who clearly had talent but despite being short of options he was bomb squaded. There may be good reasons for both but they weren’t apparent. Set pieces remain a frustration.
3. In my opinion he puts too much faith in his back room team which is significantly lacking in experience at this level. Would like to see him say we need a bit of help and nous here because other teams are sometimes a bit cuter with their tactics than we are.
Ok there you go. So my challenge to those of you who think we can do better is….Some are noticeably quiet on here when we do well. So say 3 nice things about Cooper and what he does well. Go.
1. He's brought the club closer to the fans and made it a whole lot more fun to watch them play in terms of involvement / atmosphere / feeling connected.
2. He's a good and well-respected coach who can attract talent (e.g. MGW) and improve players (e.g. Taiwo).
3. My wife probably won't have an affair with him.
