19-05-2023, 09:47 AM
(This post was last modified: 19-05-2023, 12:31 PM by WrexhamRed.)
They could threaten to declare the match null & void & to be replayed behind closed doors.
I completely get the overwhelming emotion & the buzz of running onto the pitch after a big game & it should be part of the celebration. If I'd managed to get a ticket I would have been on that pitch for sure, but as others have said it's a fatal incident waiting to happen. In anything good there's always a complete moron just waiting to ruin it for everybody. The way the players get surrounded it would be so easy for someone in that ruck to stick a knife into a player & nobody would know who it was, I'm amazed it hasn't happened already.
I completely get the overwhelming emotion & the buzz of running onto the pitch after a big game & it should be part of the celebration. If I'd managed to get a ticket I would have been on that pitch for sure, but as others have said it's a fatal incident waiting to happen. In anything good there's always a complete moron just waiting to ruin it for everybody. The way the players get surrounded it would be so easy for someone in that ruck to stick a knife into a player & nobody would know who it was, I'm amazed it hasn't happened already.
