17-09-2021, 04:45 PM
(17-09-2021, 02:55 PM)Paplane Wrote:(17-09-2021, 02:41 PM)wassy04 Wrote: I think in all our recent sackings (and there are a lot of them) this is honestly the least I've cared who gets appointed. I'd normally be following every article, checking the odds every 10 mins etc. Just feel really apathetic towards the team right now.
I'd rather someone that played a more attacking style (although our squad doesn't really have the ability for that) but whoever it is they'll probably get turned upon in a few weeks/months and eventually forced out in September next year.
Cooper whilst being boring has a good CV and has yet to be sacked so if it's a genuine long term appointment then it's a positive one albeit boring. I would just love to have the same bloke for 2-3 years without him necessarily having to have taken us up and without half the fans turning on him after a few weeks when they realise we're not suddenly going to be amazing.
Me the same about a 2-3 year manager Wass. But to be fair to the club, the sacking of the last two managers was completely justified. Both men left the club with no option really. I thought we might get more of a kicking from the media re thr sacking of CH but all the coverage ive seen has been one of understanding he had to go, based on results.
Did anyone see that article the yesterday suggesting the colour of his skin was a factor in his sacking?
Whoever said that is 'reaching.' Crass stuff.
When results and the football aren't good. And fans are shouting dogs abuse the manager and board? The inevitable happens.
Do I think Hughton was poorly backed? Yes. Came in following some crap recruitment. Poor timing. Poor recruitment. A lost opportunity. We never got the best out of him.
He was attritional. But Hughton didn't employ himself? Why employ attritional managers? Who's making those appointments. The last handful of managers have been attritional?
We'll see what the next appointment brings. Dull ball, probably.
SA.
