Finances And The League Suspension
Football is secondary.
All leagues must be declared null & void - and wait until it is safe to recommence ( that could be many months away ).
COYR!
^ Plus one ^
I don't make promises, I deliver - Evangelos Marinakis.
The prem tv deals will mean they will finish their season no matter what.
No chance.
Season over.
Only possible solution.
Surely?
COYR!
(03-28-2020, 08:47 PM)ThePromisedLand Wrote: No chance.
Season over.
Only possible solution.
Surely?

I read (cant remember where) that the prem would have to pay back £750m if they didnt complete the season. That money has been distributed to the clubs meaning they would have to find it. No chance of that happening.
I don’t think it’s totally out of the question, that games could start to be played at the beginning of June and season ending mid July.

They would prob be behind closed doors, and then next season start in Sept.
(03-28-2020, 09:35 PM)Reds73 Wrote: I don’t think it’s totally out of the question, that games could start to be played at the beginning of June and season ending mid July.

They would prob be behind closed doors, and then next season start in Sept.

It would be easier all round if this season were to end, in whenever, and there be no new season for next year IMO.

I think that is the way the league will look at it to avoid potential lawsuits being made against them for failure to fulfill their obligations for this season.
Rob - A Proud Supporter of Nottingham Forest F. C. since 1973 - Red Til' Dead
(03-28-2020, 08:42 PM)Paplane Wrote: The prem tv deals will mean they will finish their season no matter what.

Completely agree.
(03-28-2020, 10:54 PM)Username Wrote:
(03-28-2020, 08:42 PM)Paplane Wrote: The prem tv deals will mean they will finish their season no matter what.

Completely agree.

Possibly but none of us will be there to see it unfortunately.
I don't make promises, I deliver - Evangelos Marinakis.
Recommence May behind closed doors, season finished by end June - all games behind closed doors.

New season starts with maybe a few weeks delay.

FFP not counted this season. Three year period skips 2019/20 season.
Football? In May?
Have you seen what’s happening out there?
Zero chance.
COYR!
Absolutely zero chance of it being in May.
To be fair to JWJW he didn't say which May!
Pretty sure that under these circumstances there would be nothing to pay by the Clubs or the Premier league/EFL to the tv companies in respect of a cancelled season. The contracts agreed before the season started will not have been broken by the Clubs instead Civil law would determine that contracts will have been "frustrated" by circumstance beyond the control of the contacting parties. Of course Sky, for example, might try to gain recompense by having the next season at a discounted rate but they are no longer on their own in negotiating for tv rights. I've been convinced for quite some time that the season will be declared null and void. Originally I thought the decision would be made around mid April. I still think so. It's the decision that would produce the least objections.
The governing bodies took the decision before the Government advised to do so.