Poll: Are You Optimistic The Season Will Restart & The Play Offs Will Take Place
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
22.50%
9 22.50%
No
77.50%
31 77.50%
Total 40 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Are You Optimistic The Season Will Restart & The Play Offs Will Take Place
If they're not will they go on to statutory sick pay? It's about £94 a week I think
I read Italy is considering just beginning the 2020/21 season and finishing this one at some point in the future.

This makes sense however without financial support from the prem or elsewhere lower league teams couldn't survive that long without matches
Just looking at the poll result so far and 75% think that the season won't restart.
θα σας γαμήσω όλους - EM
(16-03-2020, 10:50 AM)johntel Wrote: Here is my suggestion, I'd be interested to hear if you think it would work:

1. Write off the next few months and plan to restart football in August.

2. In August, pick up the current season where we left off, continue with play-offs, promotion and relegation as normal. BUT all the remaining games will count TWICE - they will be applied to BOTH THIS season and NEXT season's tables.

3. Then after a break of a couple of weeks continue directly into the  20/21 season.  No need to play the double-counting games again, just use the results we've already got. So next season won't get congested, it would just be the same as usual, except for the extra games that promoted and relegated clubs would need to play to catch up.  Of course the games that were played by promoted/relegated clubs couldn't be carried forward.

So the teams that are promoted or relegated would have to play more games than the ones who aren't because their 19/20 results couldn't be re-used. I don't think the promoted teams would complain, but the relegated ones probably would, But  overall it seems to be a good compromise . What do you think?

I think that, in theory, it's a great idea chap.
Wouldn’t you be better off adopting a handicap system so that this season ends and next season starts with Barnsley on 0 points, Derby on 17 points, Forest on 26, West Brom on 36, Leeds on 37, etc

With everyone starting on a nil goal difference.
Err no.
Why not?
The chances of all clubs ( or 75% or whatever majority required ) of voting for this is surely nil.
Like turkeys voting for Christmas.
Sorry Username but surely a non starter.
Take Derby for instance, they would have 46 games to close a 19 point gap to go up automatically compared to a five point gap over nine games just to make the playoffs.
I was...

But I'm not now.

Once this country goes into lock down, it will be a very long time before life goes back to normal. And if reports that you can catch this thing more than once are true (as appears in Japan), it potentially won't be until we have a vaccine. That could be a year away
We won’t be watching any football for a long long time, can’t even see next season starting in August !
My money would be on a restart on September 1st.
(17-03-2020, 09:05 AM)Ciscokid Wrote: My money would be on a restart on September 1st.

But what year?
And, I regret, I’m not joking.
(17-03-2020, 09:32 AM)ThePromisedLand Wrote:
(17-03-2020, 09:05 AM)Ciscokid Wrote: My money would be on a restart on September 1st.

But what year?

Christ, there will be no football teams left in existence if that is the case.
COYR!
(17-03-2020, 09:32 AM)ThePromisedLand Wrote:

But what year?

Spot on ... this season will be finished...when ? No one knows..the following one will start ...when? No one knows...season 2020/2021 will be wiped out of history