Coronavirus
(04-10-2020, 07:50 AM)Alf Garnett Wrote:
(04-09-2020, 03:37 PM)Sniffer Dog Wrote: We need to go back much further to when the first outbreak happened in China.

That was the big chance to nip it in the bud before it got spread worlwide and that is where we have been failed. This Virus should never have reached Europes shores in the first place. Infact it should never have left Chinas shores but for some reason it did and it was allowed to do so. For me that is the main issue. Why were Chinese Aeroplanes still taking off and landing all over the world once this virus had took hold in China?

For me the book stops with WHO.

They have failed us big time.

Well said Sniffer.

It's sad that your post didn't get a response but that's simply because it was not about government bashing. People only see what they want to see.

Indeed. The initial response to the breakout needs to come under serious scrutiny. It should never have come to this. The whole of China should have been put on lockdown and their borders should have been sealed. We have been failed way before the virus reached Europe.
(04-10-2020, 07:50 AM)Alf Garnett Wrote:
(04-09-2020, 03:37 PM)Sniffer Dog Wrote: We need to go back much further to when the first outbreak happened in China.

That was the big chance to nip it in the bud before it got spread worlwide and that is where we have been failed. This Virus should never have reached Europes shores in the first place. Infact it should never have left Chinas shores but for some reason it did and it was allowed to do so. For me that is the main issue. Why were Chinese Aeroplanes still taking off and landing all over the world once this virus had took hold in China?

For me the book stops with WHO.

They have failed us big time.

Well said Sniffer.

It's sad that your post didn't get a response but that's simply because it was not about government bashing. People only see what they want to see.

A most succinct summary! Let’s try to forget political leanings and try to look at matters objectively?
(04-09-2020, 12:49 PM)Sausage Roll Wrote: Gulp indeed. And that is why I will continue to call out the government's poor response to this epidemic, as more people need to.

Yes - this is the time to call it out.
Yes - this is the time to politicise it.

Whilst the response continues to lag behind other countries, whilst we don't have adequate PPE for frontline NHS staff and carers, whilst we don't have mass antibody and antigen testing and while we don't have enough ventilators people are literally dying in their hundreds.

Forecasts suggest we'll have the highest number of deaths in Europe when the dust settles - some estimating as many as 66,000.

It didn't need to be like that.

I was going to just stop reading this thread, but I’m going to say why. 

SR, your posts are sometimes factually wrong, and in general biased and misleading. It is hard to ignore you because you are the largest ‘contributor’, and I do not have time to correct the garbage you are spewing forth, so you make it unusable for me. 

Please rein in your misinformed, politically driven claptrap for the benefit of other users.
Well said Stirred.
I am sure many readers have already stopped contributing to this forum due to a few contributers politicising this crisis.
I will stop reading this claptrap and focus on the football when it resumes.
(04-10-2020, 10:16 AM)Mainstand Guy Wrote: Well said Stirred.
I am sure many readers have already stopped contributing to this forum due to a few contributers politicising this crisis.

Where did you get that garbage from?!
Since when have ‘contributors been politicising the crisis?
You need to get out more.
This is the Ale House section of a very well managed & balanced forum.
I may not agree with the views of everyone on here but I do respect their right to state their point of view.
As for ‘many readers have already stopped contributing’ - absolute claptrap.

Sorry Sniff - it had to be said ( imho ).
COYR!
Come on Lads and Lasses.

No need for us to start falling out.

Lets all try to get along please.

No need for people to stop contributing either. I put far too much work and expense into this forum for that.

Cheers.
I don't make promises, I deliver - Evangelos Marinakis.
(04-10-2020, 11:03 AM)ThePromisedLand Wrote:

Where did you get that garbage from?!
Since when have ‘contributors been politicising the crisis?
You need to get out more.
This is the Ale House section of a very well managed & balanced forum.
I may not agree with the views of everyone on here but I do respect their right to state their point of view.
As for ‘many readers have already stopped contributing’ - absolute claptrap.

Sorry Sniff - it had to be said ( imho ).

To be fair, this thread in particular has become more politicised by a lot of unbalanced opinion.
(04-10-2020, 11:10 AM)Sniffer Dog Wrote: Come on Lads and Lasses.

No need for us to start falling out.

Lets all try to get along please.

No need for people to stop contributing either. I put far too much work and expense into this forum for that.

Cheers.

I appreciate your efforts Sniff, it’s good overall, I’m not giving up on the forum, keep up the good work!
(04-10-2020, 10:07 AM)stirred Wrote:
(04-09-2020, 12:49 PM)Sausage Roll Wrote: Gulp indeed. And that is why I will continue to call out the government's poor response to this epidemic, as more people need to.

Yes - this is the time to call it out.
Yes - this is the time to politicise it.

Whilst the response continues to lag behind other countries, whilst we don't have adequate PPE for frontline NHS staff and carers, whilst we don't have mass antibody and antigen testing and while we don't have enough ventilators people are literally dying in their hundreds.

Forecasts suggest we'll have the highest number of deaths in Europe when the dust settles - some estimating as many as 66,000.

It didn't need to be like that.

I was going to just stop reading this thread, but I’m going to say why. 

SR, your posts are sometimes factually wrong, and in general biased and misleading. It is hard to ignore you because you are the largest ‘contributor’, and I do not have time to correct the garbage you are spewing forth, so you make it unusable for me. 

Please rein in your misinformed, politically driven claptrap for the benefit of other users.

I posted earlier where I get my information from so not quite sure how I can be misinformed.

And no, I won't rein anything in if I feel it needs to be commented on.
You are misinformed on PPE, I worked with JBS in Ireland a few years back and know quite a bit about the supply chain and issues that are being faced.

As someone who is guilty of 'politicising' this crisis, by outlining, where I think the government have gone wrong, thus giving my opinion, I appreciate some users on this forum do not want to read the political opinions of others, so will rein in my comments and opinions, so that i no longer offend other users.

I will therefore make no further contributions to this thread.
Rob - A Proud Supporter of Nottingham Forest F. C. since 1973 - Red Til' Dead
By all means contribute to the thread Tricky and everyone but lets try to keep politics out of it if we can for the good of the thread and forum harmony.
(04-10-2020, 04:44 PM)Sniffer Dog Wrote: By all means contribute to the thread Tricky and everyone but lets try to keep politics out of it if we can for the good of the thread and forum harmony.

This is a subject that you cannot keep politics out of though Sniff.

It doesn't matter where in the world you live, politics will be playing a major part in everyday life.

By not questioning decisions made by our own government, the Chinese government, the NHS or WHO, the Americans, Italians etc, what more can be discussed on this thread? Questioning decisions made by the relevant authorities politicises any debate or discussion IMO. By doing this, it has been called government bashing by some. No! It's called scrutiny and as far as I can remember, scrutiny is a fundamental part of democracy.

So with that in mind, I cannot see any viable reason for adding further to the debate on this thread, as no matter what is said, it will have a political undertone to it anyway. Therefore, I will continue to take part in the games etc, along with other discussions on the forum, I will just keep quiet on this thread.

I hope you can see what I'm getting at here and am not S**t stirring for the pleasure of it, as that is not my style.
Rob - A Proud Supporter of Nottingham Forest F. C. since 1973 - Red Til' Dead
465 house parties broken up by Police in Manchester last Saturday night.

People again out sunbathing and lazing around in parks etc today.

If we want someone to blame...
Spain just recorded its lowest death toll in 17 days.

The situation there has dramatically improved over the last week.

Infections down, hospitalisations down, deaths down.

If people are sensible, this will happen here too.